eller

Chestnutridge, MO

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Anyone know what is happening there? Did they get the money they requested from the bondholders....are they willing to throw more money into a failing project?
Branson Business

United States

#2 Nov 29, 2012
Thank you Southwest for picking Branson, the airport will make it. Nice job Branson airport team!
eller

Chestnutridge, MO

#3 Nov 29, 2012
they are 142 million dollars in debt!! yayyy!!!
CVB

United States

#4 Nov 30, 2012
They built a business in our town that cost 140 million and brought southwest airlines here. We should all be saying thank you!
hotel owner

United States

#5 Nov 30, 2012
If it was not for the airport this year my business would have been down greatly. I am a marketing partner with the airport and estimate 25 percent of my total business came from people flying into the airport. I can't wait to see that grow next year.
Branson native

Chestnutridge, MO

#6 Nov 30, 2012
The fact is that the airport has lost over 6 million dollars JUST this year...so far!
http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-story-branonairpo...
Southwest airlines wont magically come in and just fix the problem, they are banking on a market that just isn't there. It will be closed within a year.
fff

Branson, MO

#7 Dec 1, 2012
If that happens it is to bad! All of us should to all we can to make sure that does not happen. We all need to market the new service as much as possible. A successful airport is the future of Branson.
Pooter McGee

Springfield, MO

#9 Dec 3, 2012
I agree we need to help make the airport a success for the good of our area. Evidently the best way to do that is replace the current director with someone who can balance a budget.
Loser

Springfield, MO

#10 Dec 5, 2012
The airport is a loser. The only people making money are the shysters. The people have been suckered again. When the parasites(shysters) have sucked the host dried. They will move onto the next victim. It is another act of compassionate conservatism. My God we are stupid.
taney county

United States

#11 Dec 6, 2012
The airport has added millions in positive ecconomic impact to the area. The airport employess hundreds of people and Southwest Airlines is starting service in March. All every good things for the area and the airport.
aviation guy

United States

#12 Dec 6, 2012
The Airporr manager has done a great job building, managing and operaring that facility safely. With regard to the money they have spent it is still less than what springfield spent to just build their terminal, these guys built an entire airport and now have Southwest.
HAHA

Ava, MO

#13 Dec 6, 2012
They have lost money consistently. IF they do not make it SOON, they will shut down. You all better hope that somehow southwest will COMPLETELY change everything. You better hope their business will at least TRIPLE in the first year, if not they will close down very soon. You people with your heads up your asses make me LAUGH.
The Big Picture

Branson, MO

#14 Dec 10, 2012
It's funny how many people are negative towards the Airport and assume that failure is inevitable. I believe that with a tourism based area, if the airport is not successful with bringing people to the city then it's not just the airport that failed; but instead, it is the destination of Branson as a whole that has failed to make the airport work.
We should all just focus on the fact that the most successful airline ever has found that the Branson Area CAN and WILL be a profitable route for them!
Smarter

Branson, MO

#15 Dec 11, 2012
I believe the airport will eventually be successful once the bondholders realize that they need a competent and fiscally responsible director in place. Bourk has been a dsaster financially for investors.
SuZ

United States

#16 Dec 11, 2012
No matter what type of music . Example : Kid Rocks first hit on his 2013 tour is KC... within a day or two Springfield . Ive made the drive for outside concerts & seasonal but other than that what are you offerng ?
Recording studios ?
"The place that goes everywhere" ... so location isnt the probem . We also have an area we dont want polluted . Almost impossible to have both.

“It ain't gonna suck itself.”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17 Dec 11, 2012
I've brought several large businessmen to Branson in the past to find they were not at all happy with the limited offerings of the area. Since I have hosted these events in Vegas with a much more positive reaction and increased involvement. So long as Branson as a whole chooses not to allow a more diverse entertainment selection I don't see any reason for growth of the airport or community in general. What started as a two day business building gathering in Branson every two years is now 5 day annual shindig in Vegas with requests to make it biannual. The world keeps progressing regardless of Branson's stagnant moral superiority.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BRANSON is the WORST town in the USA!!! OUR VISIT (Jun '13) Fri Alexyeve 72
Shane Hicks-my name.LUC BOYS RANCH- joke (Feb '13) Fri XIII 98
News Country singer Joe Barr performing at paddling ... (Aug '08) Thu Sandra Ellisor 10
Illegal Immagrants in Branson? (Jun '07) Apr 23 lucas 17
NOT Funny Presley, or Branson Virgin Guy! Apr 23 lucas 6
Taxi (Jan '13) Apr 22 kearbear314 6
Josh from Joe's Crab shack Apr 21 Joshua Roberts 3
More from around the web

Branson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]