Springfield Mo gives new meaning Highway to Heaven
January 2004 - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- 1) Missouri leads the nation in meth labs;
2) the meth labs are concentrated in the "meth belt," a band of 43 counties in southern Missouri, south of Interstate 44;
3) many Missourians are addicted to meth; 4) the image of moonshiners as paranoid and angry is an apt description of Missouri's many meth cooks;
5) meth is sold by cooks,theme park owners & employees,
used car dealers,
and even some small-town police officers,
and one local auctioneer who currently serves
in United States House of Representatives.;
6) southern Missouri has many unreported meth killings, and "the hills are full of bodies."
you are right to want to spend your vacation in southwest Missouri, near Branson.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch -
1) Missouri is the center of the meth epidemic;
2) Missouri accounts for 15 percent of all meth-lab discoveries reported to DEA;
3) the governor of Missouri favors treatment and prevention, while the attorney general of Missouri favors harsh penalties and a prison reserved for meth offenders.
Why doesn't Missouri prosecute and incarcerate corrupt public officials who protect drug traffickers?
Is Missouri's War on Meth a microcosm of America's War on Drugs?
Perhaps Missouri's phony War on Meth and America's phony War on Drugs help to explain the Meth Belt's de facto kudzu of corruption.
- Springfield, Missouri -
The 43 counties in southern Missouri, south of Interstate 44,
are not only the Meth Belt,
but also the Bible Belt.
As a matter of fact, Springfield, Missouri,
is often called the Buckle of the Bible Belt.
Is Springfield, Missouri, also the Buckle of the Meth Belt?
Perhaps Springfield, Missouri, gives a new meaning to the
phrase "Highway to Heaven."
As President Ronald Reagan said...Trust But Verify..... http://ozarkopathy.org/horror.html