Suwannee Cove Nightmare-Beware!!!!!!

Posted in the Branford Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 12

Alachua, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 2, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

I normally would never write about a local resturant but this by far has been the worst experience that I have ever had!!!! I use to eat at the Cove many moons ago and for some reason I still thought that the food & service just maybe the same. Boy was I wrong. Last night at 7:30 pm we (6) went to eat at the Cove. We were 1 of 3 tables that were there. At 8:15 we finally got our drinks. At 8:30 we still had not received our salads or our silverware. Finally after saying something the owner comes out with 2 salads. I should have taken the condition of the salad as a sign what was to come. The salad was old and the lettuce was clear which means old. Then the food arrives....the shrimp in the shrimp scampi was not cooked, the catfish was not completely cooked, one of our meals was not even ordered, the country fried steak was so tough that it was not edible. Our waitress Stephanie (if you could call her a waitress) was full of excuses...well the cook had an order of 50 wings to cook???? I say get a new cook. If the cook cant multi task in the kitchen and cook more than one thing at a time then I suggest they dont need to be in the kitchen???? It gets worse! Then Stephanie takes off the raw and overcooked food off the bill and I said to her that this food by far was the worst and service wasnt any better. I am not paying for undercooked catfish and at that moment she flips out and screams at us telling us she is pregnant and to just leave she doesnt need us there. Then she screams "Get out"!!!! Is this the way you handle complaints. I wouldnt have had to say anything if what you are selling on the menu is what you are able to prepare. Who wants excuses when you are going out to eat? then throw us out when you are confronted with an issue? We arrived hungry and left hungry an hour and a half later!!!! Do not eat at the Suwannee Cove!!! You have a beautiful resturant that you have trashed up!!! How very sad. Seriously Stephanie you are not manager material...is this why they call you the wildebeast? You have poor skills in every sense. You do not know how to handle customers and every unsatisfied customer they tell their friends and so on and so on...you are going to make someone sick with the raw food and excuses. Sorry Suwannee Cove but I had to say something. Your manager Stephanie refused to let me speak with the owner and I thought you should you know the trash that you are employing there and the trash you are serving.
Biker Trash

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 2, 2012
 
I read a lot about the Suwannee Cove on here, both good and bad(mostly bad)but have never visited it so I can't comment either way. Where exactly is the Suwannee Cove located?
hungry critter

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

go see cuzin Jack and ms. Lauren at CUZINS CAFE. Cuzins have become the best restaurant in Branford by far. he did his best to help the cove start over but i guess the cove didnt want to take his advise. Lauren will not even take a plate out the kitchen doors if it doesnt looks presentable, even if that means she has to make it herself. if you do have any commplaints at cuzins Jack will bend over backwards to fix the issue.
RiverRon

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

I tried the Cove when it first reopened and the experience was lacking to say the least! Well I figured it was a new venture and they needed a little time to find the groove in which all of the staff could work together in a more cohesive environment! So we waited some time and returned just before Christmas a really big disappointment there was 8 people in our group. The place only had 3 other tables of folks I really thought it would live up to the hype. The server Stephanie was very rude almost as if it was an intrusion into her time that we were taking from her! The salad came out rather quick although it would have better had we had flat ware to eat with! My Sister went and found utensils for our group to use, then it was almost 25 minutes until the appetizer finally got to the table and it was cold and greasy. The dinners were so slow coming from the kitchen that some in our group had completed their meal before others had even gotten their meal! We will not return and I work with one of the owners who already new of our first experience with his establishment. As the above poster has said, if you want a great dining experience with great food friendly competent servers and prices that are affordable then make Cuzzin's your choice!
Just telling the Truth

Live Oak, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

5

4

3

food critic2012 is Just another piece of Suwannee County trash. As I read your post I can tell you never really intended to pay for your bill and planned all along to scam a restaurant for a free meal. If you truly were a disappointed customer and if there was any truth to you experience you would tell everyone who you are. You obviously had preconceived feelings against the girl, and you are one of those inbreds that are always looking for a reason to toot your own horn and cry foul. We all know your kind… I can probably even guess what your pitiful rabble of six looked like, all huddled around your table trying your best to look like a “food critic”(In reality your just to lazy and broke to support your 4 hungry kids) and all the time knowing that you would have to conceal your true identity when you post your negative review being that deep down inside you know not even yourself, much less anyone else would respect a rant coming from you. If everyone knew who you are, they would agree and say…"pfft figures, coming from the local idiot, who could ever expect them to act civil in a restaurant."

You got what you wanted, which is your opportunity to get a free meal, and dribble the useless crap that everyone has come to expec from you. Your to chicken sh** and trashy to tell your true identity.

I am willing bet my paycheck that you probably even asked for a doggy bag, so you could snack on your “poorly cook” food later. Admit it!! I am right, you truly are pathetic and even you know it.

P.S. Get a job, pay your bill, and for God’s sake feed you heard of hungry kids on your own dime. Get off Welfare!!, so that you and your current baby daddy can afford to take the family out to dine, without pulling some scam on a local restaurant. I am sure the Cove will see you coming next time and run your cheap ass off before you can run your scam again.
hungry critter

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 8, 2012
 

Judged:

5

1

1

Just telling the Truth wrote:
food critic2012 is Just another piece of Suwannee County trash. As I read your post I can tell you never really intended to pay for your bill and planned all along to scam a restaurant for a free meal. If you truly were a disappointed customer and if there was any truth to you experience you would tell everyone who you are. You obviously had preconceived feelings against the girl, and you are one of those inbreds that are always looking for a reason to toot your own horn and cry foul. We all know your kind… I can probably even guess what your pitiful rabble of six looked like, all huddled around your table trying your best to look like a “food critic”(In reality your just to lazy and broke to support your 4 hungry kids) and all the time knowing that you would have to conceal your true identity when you post your negative review being that deep down inside you know not even yourself, much less anyone else would respect a rant coming from you. If everyone knew who you are, they would agree and say…"pfft figures, coming from the local idiot, who could ever expect them to act civil in a restaurant."
You got what you wanted, which is your opportunity to get a free meal, and dribble the useless crap that everyone has come to expec from you. Your to chicken sh** and trashy to tell your true identity.
I am willing bet my paycheck that you probably even asked for a doggy bag, so you could snack on your “poorly cook” food later. Admit it!! I am right, you truly are pathetic and even you know it.
P.S. Get a job, pay your bill, and for God’s sake feed you heard of hungry kids on your own dime. Get off Welfare!!, so that you and your current baby daddy can afford to take the family out to dine, without pulling some scam on a local restaurant. I am sure the Cove will see you coming next time and run your cheap ass off before you can run your scam again.
why are you so angry at this person sharing their experience? why are you judging this person so harshly? is it because you are a employee at the cove? more than likely that is why, even more reason to boycott the cove, their employees bash customers online. maybe your Stephanie the waitress/manager
food critic 2012

Fort White, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 9, 2012
 

Judged:

6

1

To: Just telling the truth: You are a pathetic excuse for a waitress/manager. I wasnt there with my 4 kids and husband. I was there with all adults and 2 minors. One of them being mine. I you can keep skirting around teh fact that your service and food sucks! You are trash and your so called rsturant is trash too. No to go boxes here honey. And how sad of you to tell another that we trashed yoru sign...come on girl you were standing out back smoking that cig (while preganant which explains alot) and you know we didnt touch your sign. Trust me if I was a person to scam on a meal it certainly wouldnt have been at your roach infested dog shit smelling so called restutant. You are only there because you cant get a job anywhere else and daddy owns it. So good job Stephanie you are keeping up with your reputation girl as a lying pos. Good day to you and your filthy restuarnt...better be careful I hear the health department was called....
hungry

Live Oak, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

RiverRon wrote:
I tried the Cove when it first reopened and the experience was lacking to say the least! Well I figured it was a new venture and they needed a little time to find the groove in which all of the staff could work together in a more cohesive environment! So we waited some time and returned just before Christmas a really big disappointment there was 8 people in our group. The place only had 3 other tables of folks I really thought it would live up to the hype. The server Stephanie was very rude almost as if it was an intrusion into her time that we were taking from her! The salad came out rather quick although it would have better had we had flat ware to eat with! My Sister went and found utensils for our group to use, then it was almost 25 minutes until the appetizer finally got to the table and it was cold and greasy. The dinners were so slow coming from the kitchen that some in our group had completed their meal before others had even gotten their meal! We will not return and I work with one of the owners who already new of our first experience with his establishment. As the above poster has said, if you want a great dining experience with great food friendly competent servers and prices that are affordable then make Cuzzin's your choice!
Cuzins is a good place to eat so long as you don't happen to go there when the rude, vulgar mouthed watress is working
River Ron

Waldo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

No one there like that you must be thinking of that vulgar disgusting nasty skanky slut Stephanie down at Murray's! After all they added Beer and a Pool Table just so she would be in her element! Slutting around just like she does over at the Santa Flush Saloon!
Latrelle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 24, 2012
 
Went this evening the food is outstanding the service sucks!

Since: Mar 12

Alachua, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Food sucks & service sucks as bad! Spent my last hard earned money there last night. Food on the buffet was cold, ordered off the menu and couldnt eat it. Was seated at a dirty table that noone bothered to clean even after I had asked. I can't believe I didn't just leave when I waited so long to be seated. I agree that the Mom & Daughter act is pretty disgusting & slutty! Stephanie makes others where uniforms, while she wears cleavage baring tank tops. Can't wait for them to shut down. Going to Cuzins or Sister's from now on. The Gathering sucks too. The owner has her skanky nose so high in the air!
Latrelle

Branford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

moestoes wrote:
Food sucks & service sucks as bad! Spent my last hard earned money there last night. Food on the buffet was cold, ordered off the menu and couldnt eat it. Was seated at a dirty table that noone bothered to clean even after I had asked. I can't believe I didn't just leave when I waited so long to be seated. I agree that the Mom & Daughter act is pretty disgusting & slutty! Stephanie makes others where uniforms, while she wears cleavage baring tank tops. Can't wait for them to shut down. Going to Cuzins or Sister's from now on. The Gathering sucks too. The owner has her skanky nose so high in the air!
Why are you so down on Stephanie she really can't help the way she is! She just tries so hard to emulate her mother and that is why she is the way she is. I myself think that we will all see big changes out of her now. Especially now that she is pregnant from her Fiancé ex convict that she was caught having sex with at the Prison while she was an Officer there! So just back off and let her live her life the way she sees fit!

Since: Mar 12

Alachua, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Latrelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so down on Stephanie she really can't help the way she is! She just tries so hard to emulate her mother and that is why she is the way she is. I myself think that we will all see big changes out of her now. Especially now that she is pregnant from her Fiancé ex convict that she was caught having sex with at the Prison while she was an Officer there! So just back off and let her live her life the way she sees fit!
So she really is a whore! Thanks for confirming that! Haha, having sex with an inmate while at work! Now she is pregnant. From the info you just gave me, you must not think too much of her either! Like I said can't wait for that dump to get shut down.
i am trayvon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 5, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Well the food must be bad being as the Owners are eating at Cuzins at least three times a week! Of course I am sure it is a spy mission nothing more because we all know that Cuzins has become a real success! The Murrays really want to figure out what they are doing wrong! I have the answer right here, STEPHANIE!
To be honest

Fort White, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I have ate at the Suwannee Cove plenty and have not had a bad experience yet..It sounds too me that some of you just have a vendetta against this woman? I find it rather childish and rude that you are bashing there name because you dont like an individual..By the way,I do NOT know why you all are talking about how good cuzins cafe is..Every time i have been there i have waited atleast an hour for my food,and the food was either cold or undercooked...But hey,too each his own! Just decided too throw my two cents out there.
Big Piles

Waldo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 28, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

1

So correct me if I'm wrong the Murray's have run the "Better Dining" joint into the ground and are on a cash only basis with most of their Vendors, a few Months behind on Lease payments and the Power will be cut off tomorrow but they are planning to open Nells in 2 weeks!
refried buffet

Hilliard, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 1, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

WELCOME TO THE SUWANNEE RIVER COVE MOVING SALE... THESE FOLKS REALLY ARE SOME PRIZE PIECES OF WORK.... the power there is about to be turned off for nonpayment, the renters have been served with GET THE FUCK OUT papers because the rent is 3 months behind,they were caught stealing things from the building that was already there when they moved in, cash basis with most all the food vendors, disposal bill for dumpsters is way behind, and now they are moving into nells old place, I just wonder if the Lewis family knows about their timely manner of paying their bills? I bet Tommy wont put up with much of that shit!!
Karmaisabitch

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 8, 2012
 
Are they closed down yet?
Branford Resident

Lake City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 8, 2012
 
I believe everyone on this forum is talking about Murray's Suwannee River Cove. This in no way reflects the Suwannee River Cove Campground and Restaurant.. The Murray's leased the restaurant and have now closed Murray's river cove They are now located at Nell's Restaurant in Branford.. We look forward to seeing you at the Suwannee River Cove when we open under new management... Thanks!!!
karmasabitch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

Even if they do open at nells the food and service will stay the same so it won't be long before that's shut down also.they should just get out of the business

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Branford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Branford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Branford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Branford
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••