67-year-old bakery to close in W. Haven

67-year-old bakery to close in W. Haven

There are 2 comments on the WTNH story from Jan 29, 2013, titled 67-year-old bakery to close in W. Haven. In it, WTNH reports that:

A nearly 70 year staple in downtown West Haven is closing up shop. Peschell's Bakery has been baking up good eats for generations and many are heart broken about the news.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH.

Rochester, MN

#1 Jan 30, 2013
What a shame...I moved out of state, but when I lived in WH I would get all my baked goods from Peschell's, especially around the holiday time. I loved their rice pies and all their italian goodies! This is a huge loss for the community.
Rich Peschell and family

Greensboro, NC

#2 Nov 16, 2013
Recently discovered (via Google) that another Peschell family lives in West Haven, CT. Don't know where the family genealogy might intersect, but definitely would have taken a (long) trip there to find out more and visit the bakery!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fairmount Theatre (Oct '10) 18 min pete 4,631
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr The Donald 20,168
the bar at minervinnis 369 Washington ave 7 hr starlight 2
News Bill Finch Claims He Can Still Make Bridgeport ... Sep 25 American Gentlema... 4
bi-curious wm looking to end curiousity Sep 19 Chris 19
Parents Investigation on DCF in CT (Feb '09) Sep 17 Gee 45
News Fairfield Student Graduates From Bridgeport Hos... May '15 Citizen44 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Branford Mortgages