News Channel celebrates 60th birthday

News Channel celebrates 60th birthday

There are 33 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Jun 15, 2008, titled News Channel celebrates 60th birthday. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

New Haven _ WTNH is celebrating a milestone Sunday, turning 60. News Channel 8 was the first television station in Southern New England.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rich

United States

#1 Jun 15, 2008
Actually, the call letters were WNHC, not WNCH, prior to changing to WTNH - and how can NOT mention Mr. Goober?!
Mom-Glastonbury

Webster, MA

#2 Jun 16, 2008
As the daughter of two parents who proudly worked at WTNH for many, many years - I am honored to see "Happy Birthday!". My Dad retired about 10 years ago after working there for nearly 40 years and my Mom, God rest her soul, worked there for about 12 years before passing away nearly 2 years ago.
roger 500

AOL

#3 Jun 19, 2008
Don't forget Happy the clown with his "happy sticks."Or the show with the sea captain .
Rich

Waterbury, CT

#4 Jun 27, 2008
Somebody beat me to the punch on Mr. Goober! Whatever happened to Mike Warren? He also hosted Dialing for Dollars on Channel 8 in the Seventies... Let's all do "The Pogo"........
Mike

Syosset, NY

#5 Aug 19, 2008
Living on Long Island, I used to get WNHC Channel 8 fairly strong just using the rabbit ears on the back of a portable tv in the early 70's. I used to love Mr. Goober and specifically remember a special show on Thanksgiving Day (1972) when he was being interviewed by the host on the WNHC talk show "Conn-Tact". The show was absolutely hysterical and Mister Goober had the host and crew in tears from the inside jokes and laughter! Is Mister Goober still alive? What is his real name? Does anyone have any old tv clips of the show? What was the name and artist of the closing theme song when he would end the show by stating "You be good to each other now, won't you"
MIKE BOGOSLOWSKI

New Haven, CT

#6 Aug 21, 2008
And I'm in your damn corner! Too bad they all suck. Well everyone but sonia and jodie latina. Who used to be jodie chent. Maybe they can get rid of homosexual Geoff...
JACKSON

AOL

#8 Aug 21, 2008
Rich wrote:
Actually, the call letters were WNHC, not WNCH, prior to changing to WTNH - and how can NOT mention Mr. Goober?!
ACTUALLY IT WAS
WNHC CH 6 THEN IT WENT TO WTNH CH 8 n NOT
jeff

AOL

#9 Aug 22, 2008
good for wtnh...!!! happy birthday... rock on!!!

(any of the female staff/talent who want a happy birthday spanking just see me...)
Ho Hum

Hamden, CT

#10 Aug 22, 2008
Congrats..I bet any day now ya'll will get the hang of synching up tape with copy being read...or maybe finally teach Ann how to read a teleprompter...or if you really want some kicks how about presenting a story, ANY story, without the constant inbecilic liberal bias of your reporters poisoning it??..THAT would be NEWS!!
jeff

AOL

#11 Aug 22, 2008
Ho Hum wrote:
Congrats..I bet any day now ya'll will get the hang of synching up tape with copy being read...or maybe finally teach Ann how to read a teleprompter...or if you really want some kicks how about presenting a story, ANY story, without the constant inbecilic liberal bias of your reporters poisoning it??..THAT would be NEWS!!
chan 8... don't listen to this orwellian 'banter'...
Ho Hum

Hamden, CT

#12 Aug 22, 2008
jeff wrote:
good for wtnh...!!! happy birthday... rock on!!!
(any of the female staff/talent who want a happy birthday spanking just see me...)
Shouldnt you be in some chat room trying to arrange a date with a 14 year old??
Ho Hum

Hamden, CT

#13 Aug 22, 2008
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
chan 8... don't listen to this orwellian 'banter'...
Thanks for ensuring my "orwellian banter" appears twice....pedophile
jeff

AOL

#14 Aug 22, 2008
Ho Hum wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldnt you be in some chat room trying to arrange a date with a 14 year old??
ho hum... i guess you don't have to wait for farm animals/live stock to come of age, do you...
Thank you and goodnight

Shelton, CT

#15 Aug 22, 2008
60 years of distorting facts, half-assed biased news stories and helping to promote the liberal agenda.

Congrats.
Mike

Syosset, NY

#16 Aug 24, 2008
Is Mike Warren a/k/a Mr. Goober still alive and does anyone know of any existing film/video clips of the show?
Coast Reader

AOL

#18 Aug 24, 2008
Wow , a 60 year old virgin, never had a good newscast penetrate their studio.
CPL D

Rutland, VT

#19 Aug 24, 2008
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
ho hum... i guess you don't have to wait for farm animals/live stock to come of age, do you...
Jeff, what is wrong with farm animals???
capt jeff

AOL

#20 Aug 24, 2008
CPL D wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff, what is wrong with farm animals???
chickens???
roark

Novato, CA

#21 Aug 28, 2008
roger 500 wrote:
Don't forget Happy the clown with his "happy sticks."Or the show with the sea captain .
the sea captain show was called "Admiral Jack" The opening and closing trailer had him navigating in and out of a pier on a small boat.
omm

United States

#22 Nov 12, 2008
Thank you and goodnight wrote:
60 years of distorting facts, half-assed biased news stories and helping to promote the liberal agenda.
Congrats.
Dumbass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fairmount Theatre (Oct '10) 32 min Crystal 4,016
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Hello 19,944
Parents Investigation on DCF in CT (Feb '09) May 18 crystal 44
News Fairfield Student Graduates From Bridgeport Hos... May 18 Citizen44 2
News Boucher: Yale Should Condemn Student's Actions ... May 17 April Fawn Scheller 1
News ADL commends police, Temple Israel response to ... May 17 April Fawn Scheller 1
News Two Storm Connecticut Synagogue in Protest of IDF May 17 April Fawn Scheller 1
More from around the web

Branford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]