Witnesses Say Officer Had Lights On In Fatal Teen Crash

Nov 14, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Jackson Channel

Witnesses said on Thursday that a Brandon police officer had his emergency lights on when he collided with 19-year-old Bradley McElroy on Sunday.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jan 13, 2010
BigGuy

Bradford, TN

#1 Nov 15, 2008
Terrible tragedy! Did the police cruiser still have his blue lights on after the accident happened, was his car still running after he t-boned the teens car? This was around midnight when the accident occurred. If the cop only had his headlights on and it was dark, how was the teen supposed to know that he was on a burglary call and driving high speeds. If i were the parents i would be asking many questions.
RANKIN COUNTY RESIDENT

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Nov 21, 2008
I am so angry that the big news about this tragedy focuses on the boys toxicology results, as if he were somehow to blame. That fact is that an officer killed an innocent young man by driving recklessly. Stop talking about the alcohol and marijuana, I doubt that is even the case, Rankin county does and says what Rankin county wants, especially Brandon, and everyone knows it.
Shut up

Canonsburg, PA

#3 Dec 7, 2008
BigGuy wrote:
Terrible tragedy! Did the police cruiser still have his blue lights on after the accident happened, was his car still running after he t-boned the teens car? This was around midnight when the accident occurred. If the cop only had his headlights on and it was dark, how was the teen supposed to know that he was on a burglary call and driving high speeds. If i were the parents i would be asking many questions.
You're not supposed to have your lights flashing during a burglary call. The idea is to get to the scene as quietly as possible and catch the burglary in progress.
BigGuy

Erin, TN

#4 Jan 7, 2009
Shut up wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not supposed to have your lights flashing during a burglary call. The idea is to get to the scene as quietly as possible and catch the burglary in progress.
Yes, but what about all the unsuspecting citizens out there who don't know the policeman is on a burglary call around midnight? Don't know that he's driving almost double the speed limit without his lights/sirens. You pull out, then bam your dead! I would be confident in saying that this is what most likely happened to this teenager. Too bad the RSO & Brandon City Police Dept. won't just confess to this. Sounds like this boy died for nothing but i hope it all comes out in the end.
cityofBrandon

Erin, TN

#5 Oct 5, 2009
RANKIN COUNTY RESIDENT wrote:
I am so angry that the big news about this tragedy focuses on the boys toxicology results, as if he were somehow to blame. That fact is that an officer killed an innocent young man by driving recklessly. Stop talking about the alcohol and marijuana, I doubt that is even the case, Rankin county does and says what Rankin county wants, especially Brandon, and everyone knows it.
I am positive this wreck, which happened just after midnight, was made to look exactly how the RSO & BPD wanted it to look. Guilty teen, innocent officer. The police NEEDED it to look this way, to cover up the reckless actions of the officer speeding around Brandon Ms with a 16 year old in the front passenger seat of his police cruiser. Why would the police release the teens tox yet hide their own guilty actions? Oh, and there are witnesses who saw the police cruiser without lights & sirens just seconds before the collision. The police did not report these witnesses to the media. Exactly how they wanted it to look! The police do what they want in Brandon!
MEE

Florence, MS

#6 Jan 2, 2010
Shut up wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that needs to "shut up." You do not know anything about the crooks in law enforcement in Rankin County.
BAMjr

Roanoke, AL

#7 Jan 13, 2010
"IF" this Brandon police officer did have his emergency lights activated, as has been stated, then where is the dashcam video footage to prove this??? The video would have been activated when the officer turned on his emergency lights, unless his lights were NEVER turned on. C'mon Brandon Police Dept & Rankin County Sheriff, do you think we are all fools? The police cruiser "was equipped" with a working camera, so where is the footage? It has been said the footage was damaged, do you know how hard it is to damage these video boxes, which are in the "trunk" of a police cruiser? Even if the video footage stopped at the moment of impact, there would still be clear footage of what was going on prior to the impact. If this footage never appears we all know why-COVER-UP!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 min Hero Officer Wilson 18,868
Suspect leads investigators to bodies of missin... (Nov '13) 3 hr curious 2
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) 7 hr Greedy Fired Wright 1,051
Recent PCA Boiler Accident... 8 hr Concerned Citizen 1
Perfectly thin xtreme diet pill (Dec '13) 23 hr JBowen 7
M-Tek Akiko Thu employee 1
Witness: Beaten man told eatery 'not safe for w... Thu birddog 3
•••
•••
•••

Brandon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000