Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

angel347 wrote:
The Bible teaches us to love the sinner and hate the sin. As a Christian I offer you love and as a Christian I hate the sin of disbelief. How do you get through the rough times in your life without prayer? Who do you go to in the middle of the night when the world is at it's darkest and there seems no way to go or no safe haven to turn to? At one of the darkest hours of my life I prayer for God's loving arms to hold me and let me know that I am worthy of love. In that moment I felt warm loving arms go around me and I felt love as I've never felt it before. I was alone in my home with only my pet dog for company. I can't understand your disbelief but I can and will pray for your enlightment.
My enlightenment occurred when I woke up to the fact that god is not real. There is a richness to life that you cannot experience when you are trapped in your religious delusion.
Maxwell

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

angel347 wrote:
The Bible teaches us to love the sinner and hate the sin. As a Christian I offer you love and as a Christian I hate the sin of disbelief. How do you get through the rough times in your life without prayer? Who do you go to in the middle of the night when the world is at it's darkest and there seems no way to go or no safe haven to turn to? At one of the darkest hours of my life I prayer for God's loving arms to hold me and let me know that I am worthy of love. In that moment I felt warm loving arms go around me and I felt love as I've never felt it before. I was alone in my home with only my pet dog for company. I can't understand your disbelief but I can and will pray for your enlightment.
Wouldn't god get mad if you refer to yourself as "angel"?
Maxwell

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

I hereby proclaim myself to be "angel" Maxwell. I am in fact the assistant to god. I have a letter from god, saying that I am in fact, in charge. My first order of duty is to inform you that god is, in fact, fake. He didn't really give me a letter, and he isn't really anything at all. He is a myth. He is the creation of man. He was created by man, in a philosophical sense. God does not exist, prayer is meaningless, there is no satan. Religion is a prison for the mind.
tootie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

I can't convince you and wouldn't even try...but I do hope you find Him. He's there. I know because I talk to Him and he answers my prayers. That may sound too simple to you but thats the way it is. Nobody can convince another that there is a God. You have to find Him on your own. All you have to do is call on Him. When you know Him, you know He's real.
Maxwell

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

tootie wrote:
I can't convince you and wouldn't even try...but I do hope you find Him. He's there. I know because I talk to Him and he answers my prayers. That may sound too simple to you but thats the way it is. Nobody can convince another that there is a God. You have to find Him on your own. All you have to do is call on Him. When you know Him, you know He's real.
Well, thanks at least for being polite.:)
Flanders Art

Westport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

...I do not believe in God...for purely selfish
reasons. I think the apostles had too much time on their hands, town people as well.
I do not believe in resurrection.....certainly
not a man. Hope animals can come back !!! If there
is a God; He has too many rules, makes too many
promises...and IF HE..died on the cross, was buried
and rose from the dead "for mankind", He's asking;
His followers for pay back! Ridiculous Bible stories,
Mary a virgin, miracles, canonization of women and
men having claimed to see a vision...probably ill people...hallucinating! Praying for what?
Flanders Art

Westport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Sorry, I did not intentionally post this twice!
lightbulb

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

Maxwell wrote:
I am an Atheist. I know that there is no god. I am sure there is no god. I know that god does not exist with the same degree of certainty that I know Santa Claus is not real. Comments welcome.
Maxwell, If you KNOW and you are SURE, why start a discussion?
Just live your life. You can handle everything; you are self-sufficient.
lightbulb

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

Sorry, I did not intentionally post this twice.
Could there be something besides us?
just entered

Fort Irwin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Jesus loves you too. If God didn't exist, Jesus wouldn't have come, and we would all burn like those that were washed away in the days of Noah. Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIGHT!
Believer

Flowood, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Maxwell wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if fear were removed from religion, I'd bet fewer people would be religious.
We do not "fear" God - for a born again Christian fear mean in awe- in reverence. I am so in awe of what God has done for me when He didn't have to. He didn't have to bring me into this world. He doesn't have to bless me each and every day in so many ways I can not begin to understand or even to see them sometimes. I know that God is real because I feel His presense in my life, I see the miracle of His love everyday all day long and He promises to me that He will always be here. Sometimes I lose touch with that but it is not He who moved away it is I and He is always waiting on me to come back with arms wide open not condemnation just love. Just love. God loves you to -- no matter what you have ever done or said He loves you with a love that is so pure and real. I will be praying for you because even though I have had some rough patches in my life God loves me so that I can love you and I do and I want you to know that you are being prayed for.
richardetyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

Maxwell wrote:
<quoted text>No, that's what I know....
You are incorrect. If you know; then you are obviously much smarter than any scientist on Earth. To this day they lack true evidence that God does not exist. If they did, this debate would be over. As of yet, there are millions of VERY educated people who are still going to church on Sundays, many scientist themselves!(A.k.a. creationists).
Check your pocket book. Unless you’re a multi billionaire that should have been famous, due to exclusive knowledge, and the ability to put this argument that has plagued mankind for ages to rest, then I highly doubt you truly know.
Taylor

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

everybody that doesnt believe in god is just plain stupid... end of stroy
visitor

Harrogate, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Maxwell wrote:
I hereby proclaim myself to be "angel" Maxwell. I am in fact the assistant to god. I have a letter from god, saying that I am in fact, in charge. My first order of duty is to inform you that god is, in fact, fake. He didn't really give me a letter, and he isn't really anything at all. He is a myth. He is the creation of man. He was created by man, in a philosophical sense. God does not exist, prayer is meaningless, there is no satan. Religion is a prison for the mind.
Hello Maxwell
I hope your day is good. I believe in God. I have children. I grow roses...He's real:) May your weeks ahead be filled with His unseen presence, the feeling of comfort, of peace, and contentment. Be blessed my friend

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

Maxwell wrote:
<quoted text>My enlightenment occurred when I woke up to the fact that god is not real. There is a richness to life that you cannot experience when you are trapped in your religious delusion.
The more scientists study the earth, the more they realize that it is uniquely designed for human habitation. It is just the right distance from the sun to get the proper amount of light and heat. Once a year it moves around the sun, with just the right angle of tilt, making seasons possible in many parts of the earth. The earth also rotates on its own axis every 24 hours, providing regular periods of light and darkness. It has an atmosphere with just the right mixture of gases so we can breathe and be protected from damaging radiation from space. It also has the vital water and soil needed to grow food.
Without all those factors, and others, working together, life would be impossible. Was all of that an accident? Science News says:“It seems as if such particular and precise conditions could hardly have arisen at random.” No, they could not. They involved purposeful design by a superb Designer.
If you went into a fine house and found that it was generously stocked with food, that it had an excellent heating and air-conditioning system, and that it had good plumbing to supply water, what would you conclude? That it all just came about by itself? No, you would surely conclude that an intelligent person designed and made it with great care. The earth was also designed and made with great care in order to provide what its inhabitants need, and it is much more complex and well-supplied than any house.
Also, consider the great number of things that add delight to living. Look at the vast variety of beautifully colored flowers with their pleasant scents that humans enjoy. Then there is the great variety of foods so delicious to our taste. There are forests, mountains, lakes, and other creations pleasant to look at. Too, what of beautiful sunsets that enhance our enjoyment of life? And in the animal realm, are we not delighted by the playful antics and lovable nature of puppies, kittens, and other animal young? So the earth provides many delightful surprises not absolutely needed to sustain life. These show that the earth was designed with loving care, with humans in mind, so that we would not just exist but would enjoy life.
Therefore, the reasonable conclusion is to acknowledge the Giver of all these things, as did the Bible writer who said of Jehovah God:“You yourself have made the heavens and the earth.” For what purpose? He gives the answer by describing God as “the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited.”—Isaiah 37:16; 45:18.
anonymous

Camas, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

I felt the same thing!!! I was going through a very hard time in my life....my dad wouldn't be able to be there for a very important even that was happening in my life....i was in the car crying to God to have Him tell me that he was there for me, even if my dad wasn't....at that moment i felt what i believe to be Gods comforting arms....it was incredible, nothing i can really explain, but it made me feel safe.
angel347 wrote:

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

anonymous wrote:
I felt the same thing!!! I was going through a very hard time in my life....my dad wouldn't be able to be there for a very important even that was happening in my life....i was in the car crying to God to have Him tell me that he was there for me, even if my dad wasn't....at that moment i felt what i believe to be Gods comforting arms....it was incredible, nothing i can really explain, but it made me feel safe. <quoted text>

One of my favorite scriptures is found at Psalms 34:18: "Jehovah is near to those that are broken at heart; And those who are crushed in spirit he saves."

Let me ask you this: We both understand that the Creator cares for us and helps us. What is your opinion on why God allows so much suffering?
mako

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Maxwell wrote:
<quoted text>No, that's what I know....
Better git your shit together bro our true God has been away from his creation for such a long time he is coming back via the year 2012 or soon after that. He is tired of all the SHIT that we are doing to one another.!! Listen to the song WAR OF THE GODS, by Billy Paul.That is all it's about THE TRUE GOD?
Bowser

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

2012???? what us so SPEACHEL about the arsewipe date.....NOTHING WILL HAPPEN IN 2012
worried friend

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Maxwell wrote:
I am an Atheist. I know that there is no god. I am sure there is no god. I know that god does not exist with the same degree of certainty that I know Santa Claus is not real. Comments welcome.
Good point I understand where you are comming from. Its seems you are right, alot of good innocent suffer and others, wich are'nt worth a crap are allowed to prosper and gain the rewards of the others. But ask yourself this,why is this possible, is it fate, or maybe the strong praying on the weak,or maybe that is just the way it is. But something causes everything to happen for the better or the worse. A good friend of mine may be dieing no one knows for sure just yet,is it god stepping in or just shitty luck, who knows, but the one thing I do know it that I pray that she is alright this world need more like her in it and to loose just one is unbearable, so think about that would you pray for a friend if you even had tha slightest thought it would help, I would and I have..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of129
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brandon Discussions

Search the Brandon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Chuck 17,703
10 (5) Reasons 'Dance Moms' Fans Should Watch '... 7 hr dmw 2
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) 19 hr ChurchMercyOnCunningham 921
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 21 hr JustUs 1,930
cell phones R tracking device Tue Zebo 4
Total Transportation Not Good to Work For Apr 12 undercover lawyers 34
ms highway patrol: are they above the law??? (Aug '08) Apr 2 Sick of them 106
•••

Flood Warning for Rankin County was issued at April 16 at 9:02PM CDT