I have hit a brick wall working on genealogy and am hoping someone out there will recognize these names. I am looking for info on:
John Boykin died in 1836 in Hinds Co. owned land/plantation- MS land grants in 1826. He was born in either Southampton or Isle of Wight, VA. Don't have an actual date of birth. At the time of John Boykin's death in 1836, he was married to a Catharine Boykin, who's maiden name, I think was Long. They married in 1828, but I don't think she is the mother of his children, due to the dates. He had the following children:
1) Nancy Ann Boykin Harrison 1810-1850 married William H Harrison in Va. in 1826.
2) William H Boykin 1811-? married second wife Catherine A Clark in 1841. First wife was Mary E Boykin, died in 1849, had a young daughter that died in 1857. They are both buried at the New Salem Cemetery in Bolton. Cemetery records say he came to MS in 1834.
3) John Pittman Boykin 1813-1850 also buried in New Salem Cemetery.
4) Drury Deberry Boykin 1818-1864 had a plantation in MS 1850, 1860. Married Cornelia Currie Boykin in 1849 in North Carolina. Died 1864 in Alabama. This is the son I am descended from.
5) Simon D Boykin 1824/26-1854 married Fannie Bradley in 1841- had a small child named Simon D, also.
If anyone recognizes these names from their own research, please contact me at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specifically looking to find out who John Boykin's parents were and who was the mother of his children, but any info on this family would be appreciated!