Boykin Family genealogy

Boykin Family genealogy

Posted in the Brandon Forum

PKH

Fairfield, TX

#1 Oct 10, 2013
I have hit a brick wall working on genealogy and am hoping someone out there will recognize these names. I am looking for info on:
John Boykin died in 1836 in Hinds Co. owned land/plantation- MS land grants in 1826. He was born in either Southampton or Isle of Wight, VA. Don't have an actual date of birth. At the time of John Boykin's death in 1836, he was married to a Catharine Boykin, who's maiden name, I think was Long. They married in 1828, but I don't think she is the mother of his children, due to the dates. He had the following children:
1) Nancy Ann Boykin Harrison 1810-1850 married William H Harrison in Va. in 1826.
2) William H Boykin 1811-? married second wife Catherine A Clark in 1841. First wife was Mary E Boykin, died in 1849, had a young daughter that died in 1857. They are both buried at the New Salem Cemetery in Bolton. Cemetery records say he came to MS in 1834.
3) John Pittman Boykin 1813-1850 also buried in New Salem Cemetery.
4) Drury Deberry Boykin 1818-1864 had a plantation in MS 1850, 1860. Married Cornelia Currie Boykin in 1849 in North Carolina. Died 1864 in Alabama. This is the son I am descended from.
5) Simon D Boykin 1824/26-1854 married Fannie Bradley in 1841- had a small child named Simon D, also.
If anyone recognizes these names from their own research, please contact me at the following email address: [email protected]
Specifically looking to find out who John Boykin's parents were and who was the mother of his children, but any info on this family would be appreciated!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mlk day Mon Thomas A 2
News Jimmy John's update: mid-February opening expec... Jan 15 Economy 4
Jackson Mississippi Denny's Jan 15 Lord bless you 1
Hire more NEGROS Jan 6 GERRY 1
News Remember H&M? Yes, they're still opening in Tupelo Jan 6 See To Believe 2
Old Time Family "Gangs" Around jackson Jan 5 Common sense 2
News Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimony Begins (Jan '08) Jan 4 Victoria Hall 150

Brandon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brandon Mortgages