Stewpot Community Services-- Jackson,...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mabel Allen

Clinton, MS

#76 Feb 9, 2009
Gramatical Errors corrected
Stealing in GODS name
Jackson, MS
Oct 7, 2006
Stewpot Community Services is located at 1100 Capitol St. Jackson, Mississippi 39203. The organization operates with seventeen ministries, and is a faith based non-profit.
I can tell you from experience and inside knowledge that members of this organization routinely steal money and material donations that are slated for the poor.
I Mabel Allen observed Mary Thompson Director of Women Services; receive new clothing, shoes and accessories from Cato a store in Jackson, Mississippi. The items were to be donated to the transitional shelter for women and children. However when the representatives for Cato left, Mary Thompson divided the items up between her, and her stewpot staff, that women and children were not allowed access to the items.
Mary Thompson also created six dummy files for the transitional shelter; one file belonged to a friend of hers. The six women that actually stayed in the shelter were supposed to get Hud vouchers after completing a ninety day stay. Mary Thompson instead gave the vouchers to close friends of hers, not the women in the shelter. Several calls were made to the HUD office on behalf of the women that were overlooked; who actually stayed in the shelter, and eventually Hud determined that they were entitled to vouchers. Mary Thompson continues to work for stewpot.
Yolanda Kirkland Director of children’s services has systematically stood by as toys/clothing/shoes, and necessities donated by organizations and members of the public for children for Christmas, are stolen by her staff members, year after year.
Jere Nash, who once served as Chief Operating Officer for stewpot, has misappropriated funds slated for home renovations, on the Stewpot Bratton Street Project. The homes were sold to women of low-income, and they were promised that the houses would be renovated, and brought up to code standards. The houses were not worked on by a licensed contractor, and none of them were inspected by the city of Jackson's Code Enforcement Department, I learned this after Chief Shirlene Anderson had code enforcement check into it. It was revealed that stewpot did not apply for permits, and never had the houses inspected prior to sale. The homeowners of Bratton St. are having serious electrical problems, shifting foundations, problems with plumbing, and several more problems that were not fixed.
Frank Spencer is the current Chief Operating Officer, and all of this information has been brought to his attention, of which he promptly dismissed, and continues to employ the same individuals that are stealing in the name of GOD.
Luther Ott, the former CEO of Stewpot Community Services, ran an efficient and honorable organization, unfortunately after his departure the devil has been allowed to take over the ministry and the alcohol consuming, rude talking Frank Spencer (current CEO) is only after the next donated dollar, and the best interest of the community in which he has sworn to serve comes second after the desires of his staff are fulfilled.
Until Stewpot Community Services weeds out the thieves, and liars it will not prosper, I ask you is this the organization you want to be in control of your donated money, clothing, and other items?
Stewpot Community Services can be an effective ministry, voice your concerns and opinion's. I want to see if the public can urge Stewpot to stop the stealing in the name of GOD.
suzie q

Madison, MS

#78 Feb 9, 2009
web master get real this is the public speaking!
Brett

Southaven, MS

#79 Mar 18, 2009
How on earth can you possibly know what happened to the presents that you gave to stewpot? your obviously jumping to conclusions, and the only way that you heard about this from way out in michigan is by looking at this false accusation or by a friend that read this false accusation. there weren't any news stations with breaking news about stewpot.

I have been volunteering at stewpot for over a year now, and i have not once seen any stealing take place. so sorry if i'm jumping to conclusions when i say that theres no stealing going on, because a years experience is a little more reliable than this idiots claims. also, ive visited all of the houses that were mentioned plus other ones sold afterwards, and they are all fine. plus if something like this were true, then the entire program would have been shut down. so you can quit LYING in the name of GOD.
Stewpot Friend-Supporter

Pearl, MS

#80 Mar 19, 2009
My family has been involved in Stewpot's Ministries for 15 years. Before we got married my future husband took me down to Capitol Street to serve meals out of the old gas station across from Central Church. Our devotion to this organization is in the fabric of our lives.
Believe me, if there were any foundation to these allegations, the people who are involved regularly (people like our family and our church) would put an end to it. Stewpot has a cadre of long time volunteers who are very familiar with the minitries and how they work. If there were widespread theft taking place, these men and women would themselves be the first to sound the alarm.
Furthermore Stewpot receives money from dozens of local churches who are in a position to provide oversight of the operations of Stewpot. There is an incredible level accountability to these groups. Stewpot must answer to all of them. They do a wonderful job of serving many masters.
No organization is perfect. The Body of Christ is made up of fallible human beings, and we all bring to the table our individual weaknesses. But Jackson is a stronger and better place for the efforts of Stewpot, its staff and volunteers.
Please do not let excited allegations from one disguntled person stain the reputation of an organziation that has done much good in a city in desperate need of it.
Support Stewpot. Support Jackson. Live in peace.
Mabel O Allen

Clinton, MS

#81 Nov 15, 2009
I thank God for your experience with Stewpot, However, as you know Frank Spencer is now in charge, and not the distinguished Luther Ott. Frank Spencer is running this faith based organization into the ground. God sits high and looks low, and his will has power and reign over us all. As a Christian I would like to see Stewpot prosper, Hence this can be done if we all do things decent and in order. I pitty you if you judge me a victim of Stewpot, who today is still suffering from the way I was treated. Also,like you, I made several hundreds of dollars of donations, and even gave some of my time. In saying that, Stewpot still sold me a house under the false promise of renovations, that never came through, along with several other homeowners on Bratton ST. Approximately nine homeowners went to city hall and complained, it is on record.(ask Kenneth Stokes. Frank Spencer has caused my family much pain. However, I know God will have the final say.
I am willing to show you my house any time? come on Bratton St. I pray that God continues to Bless your family, and I ask you to pray for mines, we are truly suffering in our home because of the condition of the house that this faith based organization sold me.
Stewpot Friend-Supporter wrote:
My family has been involved in Stewpot's Ministries for 15 years. Before we got married my future husband took me down to Capitol Street to serve meals out of the old gas station across from Central Church. Our devotion to this organization is in the fabric of our lives.
Believe me, if there were any foundation to these allegations, the people who are involved regularly (people like our family and our church) would put an end to it. Stewpot has a cadre of long time volunteers who are very familiar with the minitries and how they work. If there were widespread theft taking place, these men and women would themselves be the first to sound the alarm.
Furthermore Stewpot receives money from dozens of local churches who are in a position to provide oversight of the operations of Stewpot. There is an incredible level accountability to these groups. Stewpot must answer to all of them. They do a wonderful job of serving many masters.
No organization is perfect. The Body of Christ is made up of fallible human beings, and we all bring to the table our individual weaknesses. But Jackson is a stronger and better place for the efforts of Stewpot, its staff and volunteers.
Please do not let excited allegations from one disguntled person stain the reputation of an organziation that has done much good in a city in desperate need of it.
Mabel O Allen

Clinton, MS

#82 Nov 15, 2009
I beg to differ with your comment, you have not visited my house. I can introduce you to several people who have had problems with Stewpot, from stealing gifts slated for children, to lies about home repairs. Please be sure you are accurate with your post, if you would have seen my house I know you would be highly upset. Also, I was recently declined weatherization on my home because of faulty foundation that Stewpot promised to renovate when they sold it to me. I have the proof, would you like to see it? May God continue to Bless, you, Stewpot, and I.
Brett wrote:
How on earth can you possibly know what happened to the presents that you gave to stewpot? your obviously jumping to conclusions, and the only way that you heard about this from way out in michigan is by looking at this false accusation or by a friend that read this false accusation. there weren't any news stations with breaking news about stewpot.
I have been volunteering at stewpot for over a year now, and i have not once seen any stealing take place. so sorry if i'm jumping to conclusions when i say that theres no stealing going on, because a years experience is a little more reliable than this idiots claims. also, ive visited all of the houses that were mentioned plus other ones sold afterwards, and they are all fine. plus if something like this were true, then the entire program would have been shut down. so you can quit LYING in the name of GOD.
tomt

Madison, MS

#83 Nov 17, 2009
What about the salvation army!!!
Dan Dougherty

United States

#84 Nov 20, 2009
"The Religion of Nimrod" is alive and well in Mississippi! www.scribd.com
Mabel O Allen

Madison, MS

#85 Dec 9, 2009
I extend you an open invitation to see my home and review my paperwork that was given to me by stewpot which stated they would renovate my home. I beleive seeing is believing, and you will know the truth for yourself.
Stewpot Friend-Supporter wrote:
A LITTLE BIT OF HOLLY

Ridgeland, MS

#86 Dec 10, 2009
Frank Spencer wrote:
My name is Frank Spencer and I am the Executive Director of Stewpot. This individual has been making allegations against Stewpot since she first received services about 6 years ago and the city and other organizations that have investigated, have determined them to be unfounded. Stewpot is a ministry that charges nothing for our services and has been voted for the past 4 years, the best non-profit in Jackson. If you have a question, please call me, or the Rev. Cathy Funches. Please pray for the woman making the allegations.
Pray for her? Where do you get the money to advertise on wlbt .! you need 500 turkeys for Christmas . for Who ? The worthless scum that need to be taken off the welfare rolls! You and they should be boiled in their own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through their hearts.

GIVE ME HOPE AND CHANGE!
I DON'T like working. Give me FREE Food for my family. do you help WHITE PEOPLE?
Shadowfax

AOL

#87 Jul 3, 2010
Is this place still run by those mentioned above as being corrupt?
concerned

Shelby, NC

#88 Aug 9, 2010
Shadowfax wrote:
Is this place still run by those mentioned above as being corrupt?
unfortunately yes Frank Spencer and Mary Thompson...etc... Are still onboard. God Sits high and looks low.
concerned church member

Jackson, MS

#89 Sep 20, 2011
Last night about 4am i witnessed stewpot employee or a known security guard engaged in drug activities right across the street from the Capitol st. stewpot location in Jackson,MS. I seen drug dealers enter the old shower bldg. also seen a know prositute with HIV entering the building.one person i knew name is GUS the security guard at the opertunity center with, Gloria Burkes known on the street as Little Bit. this has to stop if something isnt done about this i will contact 3 on your side and inform them that stewpot employees security gaurds on crack cocaine and i can prove it.
concerned church member

Jackson, MS

#90 Sep 20, 2011
there needs to be random drug testing these guys are hired after they complete rehalb then the start right back on the drugs. on church grounds. who do i need to call about this.
stewed pot

Tampa, FL

#91 Sep 21, 2011
Concerned church member, wut were u doing out at 4:30, does it have to do with yer member? Can u remember?
whattha

Hermitage, TN

#92 Nov 13, 2011
If the people donating from the stores are writing off the donations on their taxes, seems that Federal could step in, as they have in other cities. They call it embezlement, it they can't help you, then they will direct you to a source that can handle the matter.
Kim Smith

Jackson, MS

#93 Jan 15, 2012
Some people will never let go of ignorance! This must mean that some day some how you will feel the bottom that you now joke about. This program is to help those who are in need whether you think they need it or not. You are not God, so give yourself a break and the best thing for you is to find a better way to be judgmental. Your quotes of ignorance let's me know and others that you have emotional disturbance and you need to deal with that. Then after you are done come help, by giving your service to others. It's not what you do for others it's what you receive from helping other individual's that are in need. Take your comments and go find God and allow him to run his show and you stay in your lane.

Serving With Love
Disappointed

United States

#94 Apr 27, 2012
Bratton St. directly behind Stewpot Community Services was slated to be a family community. However, Stewpot ignored concerns of the home owners and filled three houses with several transient men next to women and children. Unfortunately, two of the men who once lived in Stwepot housimg are registered sex offenders and this is unfair to home owners to be forced to raise children in this environment. Moreover the criminal background of the men who now reside on the properties are unknown, an unknown male tried to lure a female minor out a window and on another instance an underage female was forced in her home by an unknown male.
Current Volunteer

Madison, MS

#95 Sep 9, 2013
I currently volunteer at the stewpot and the staff members that come into contact with have shown nothing but love for the people they serve. As for as Frank Spencer goes it seems that the majority of his staff members place litle to no confidence in him. when I have been around Rev. Spencer he comes across as aloof and a superior attitude (I'm a better person than you because I'm an attorney and the big boss here). He does not seem to be in touch with the day to day operations at Stewpot. In order to get to Rev. Spencer you need to be someone with high social status and money.
(Rev. Spencer if you are reading this meet with your staff and regular volunteers and get you and them on the same team pulling in the same direction. There is more happening at the Stewpot besides the Capital campaign. As the leader you are expected to handle more than one project at a time. The ministry is becoming like a termite infested 2 x 4 falling apart on the inside.)
I truly enjoy working with the staff and the clients. I wish there was a better team spirit there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHY "CHRISTIAN" ZIONISM IS A CULT (Illuminists) (Nov '11) Wed trutrumpbelieber 8
Stolen items Tue Please Help 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jun 19 Fitus T Bluster 20,945
News Renasant, Metropolitan merger to be complete by... Jun 12 marketing 1
lawyers Jun 8 needlawyer 1
News Black lawmakers condemn white colleague's lynch... Jun 6 indict ed royce 1
Pearl Class of 1987 - 30th Reunion is July 15th! Jun 6 KWright 1

Brandon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brandon Mortgages