Two possible overdose deaths at Johnson & Wales

Full story: The Miami Herald

Two Johnson & Wales students who died in dorm rooms over the weekend may have died from recreational drug overdoses, North Miami police said Tuesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chris Pavao

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2006

Judged:

I would like to add that there was much more to Scott Beider than just a culinary student at Johnson and Whales. He was a competitive gymnast for most of his life achieving Jr. Elite status at the age of 14. He competed at many competitions around the state and country. He was a Regional team member in 1998 at the USAG Junior Olympics in Houston TX and an AAU Junior Olympic National Class 2 Champion. Scott will be greatly missed by all who knew him and services have been arranged at the following location:
Menorah Gardens & Funeral Chapel
9321 Memorial Park Rd
West Palm Beach, FL

If anyone would like to know more they can contact me at cpavao@bellsouth.net.
i knew Scott

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2006

Judged:

Scott was a dear friend of mine. Great all around guy. Smart, funny, caring, always willing to help out, just a great friend. i'll miss him.
Phil

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2007

Judged:

Scott, i will miss you! One of the best guys to be around, we had great times! Always respect to you!
Kristina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

That is terrible. My condolences go out to his mom, dad, and brother. He will be missed.
sensibleman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2007

We all hate to see our friends and relatives die. But it goes on. I had many relatives die and friends die over the last five years. It has taught me that life is short so make something of it otherwise you too will die without making anything out of your life.
Randall Beider

Maiden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2007

Scott....One year has passed since you have gone.There is not one minute that goes by without me thinking of you. I miss You terribly and you will be in my heart forever. I love you very much....Dad
Random Friend

Norwich, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2007

I wish there was some way to reconcile the fact of your passing, yet there is no word, belief system, or school of thought that could even begin to address the fact that you will never return. Goodbye
Randall Beider

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Scott...Today would have been your 25th birthday.Thanksgiving was ever more special because we celebrated your birthday ....Now since you`re gone, it is hard to get excited about holidays.It`s as if the sun`s brightness has diminished.There is a part of me that is gone forever.I miss you so much. I hope that one day I`ll be able to understand all this......Love Dad
Angela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Judged:

Scott was more than jut a friend to me he was more like a big brother I knew Scott since I was two years old he was always their for me I watched him compete in gymnastics competitions all the time he was amazing. You were an amazing friend and a great big brother i will always love you and keep you in my heart. Its hard to know you are dead and i cant believe I'm typing this almost 3 years later but its been hard to accept the fact that your gone. I heard it from Jesse's mom, Phil and even Marissa but i couldn't believe it. I miss you so much but i know i will see you again in heaven but for now your always in my heart. I LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOU UNTIL I SEE YOU AGAIN
XOXOXOXOXOX
ANGELA<3333
Randall Beider

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Scott..... 2 years have passed since you have been gone.It is so very hard for me to accept that I`ll never see you again or hear your voice .I miss you so much.......Love Dad
Debra Beider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

My dearest Scott,
Mother's Day just passed, that is a day that I will never forget. You left us 2 years ago the day before that we lost you. There is not 10 minuntes that go by that you are in my thoughts and prayers. There are days that I don't think I can go on, but, I need to go to heaven to be reunited with you again some day. There are no words to describe how much I miss you, and I can't get over the loss of such a precious man that had so much potential in life. I remember the last time I saw you, when you called me that Tuesday before the 13th, and we went to dinner and a movie, and I saw how bad you were doing. I tried to get you to come with me, you know I would have helped you out, whatever it took. But I guess you couldn't stop the drugs..........
We all make choices, and my heart is broken forever over the loss of you. You probebly will never understand the wake and quake you left behind in your passing. As a mom, I always still wonder, what would you be when you grew up, would you marry, have children, how many, what would there names be, would you be happy, joyful, and free? I will never understand what happened to you, and I wish you would have let me help you. I miss you so very much every day of my life. I believe in God, and know I will be reunited with you again one day. Wishing you were here..........Matt and I can finally reminiss the funny things we all use to do together, or I see something or someone that reminds me of you, so I guess I am getting a little better over the loss of my most precious son.

Love you, and miss you constantly, you are in my thoughts always.

Love you,

MOM
Helena NANA Larson

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Judged:

What a day!!!
Here I am, sitting on my sofa in Sweden, and searching to find some update information about you... started at facebook- with no luck!
Then I started to Google and I found this page were I got the information that you are not with us Scottie!! Tears are coming down my chin... of course I thin then about Debbie, Randy and Matt...
For all of you who doesn't know me, I can tell you that I meet Scottie the first time when he was a baby! I think he was 15 months when I came... What a boy! We were singing, swimming and I were with you when you started your gym education :)!!
I still can remember and see you when you drove around in the kitchen and polightly asked my mother- who were on visit from Sweden- to move " could you please move"... and I were standing in your way... saying MOVE NANA!:) You always knew how to behave then... I really wonder what happened then Scott!
Love you... always!
XO
Nana
Randall Beider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2008

Scott...Today would have been your 26th birthday.You will forever be in my thoughts and my heart. I love and miss you so very much.I hope you are at peace my son. Love Dad
Naples Gym Mom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

I hope you are at peace and may you be blessed wherever you may be. You were a great gymnast and a friend to my son when he needed it most. You and your Dad are very special to me, still to this day.
Randy Beider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Naples Gym Mom wrote:
I hope you are at peace and may you be blessed wherever you may be. You were a great gymnast and a friend to my son when he needed it most. You and your Dad are very special to me, still to this day.
Thank you for writing such nice things about my son Scott.He would have been proud , especially coming from you. My best memories are when Scott competed in gymnastics and all the fun and excitement that it brought. What made it even more special was meeting nice people like your family ....laughing and talking etc. I hope your son is doing well....and all is well with your family. Again , thank you for the nice thoughts. God bless you .....Randy Beider
Randall Beider

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

This is the 3rd anniversary of Scotts death. All I have left are photographs and memories of a life ended far too soon. Snippets of audio and video of my son that I love so much. Joyous memories have been replaced by tears of sorrow for a life that held so much promise. May God grant my son Scott eternal peace
WRose Palm beach FL

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Randy / Debbie,
I am truly sorry for your loss. My wife and I lost our daughter (Angela) several years ago at the age of twenty five. There is no way to decribe the emptiness and heartache from it. All we have left is the memories and what could have been.
Parents were not built to bury their children!
Time will help heal you, but you will always miss Scott and you will never forget him. Hopefully someday we will all be united together with our children on the other side.
Our prayers and thoughts are with you....Bill&Bab's
Randall Beider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

WRose Palm beach FL wrote:
Randy / Debbie,
I am truly sorry for your loss. My wife and I lost our daughter (Angela) several years ago at the age of twenty five. There is no way to decribe the emptiness and heartache from it. All we have left is the memories and what could have been.
Parents were not built to bury their children!
Time will help heal you, but you will always miss Scott and you will never forget him. Hopefully someday we will all be united together with our children on the other side.
Our prayers and thoughts are with you....Bill&Bab's
Dear Bill & Babs ....I am sorry for your loss. How well I know what a loss of a child means . Thank you for your kind words.I pray that our children have eternal peace. God bless you......Randy

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2009

I attend this school now as a senior and have been here since 07. People still remember and remind us to never forget <3
Randall Beider

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2009

Stray Bullet wrote:
I attend this school now as a senior and have been here since 07. People still remember and remind us to never forget <3
Thank You For your kind remembrance . If we continue to remember and remind others maybe tragedies like this would be avoided.....Thank you and God bless you......Randall Beider

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brandon Discussions

Search the Brandon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Family of jailed and beaten Tampa boy speaks out Fri Mike 1
Report of "suicide" of Pamela Hubbell-Miller (Feb '08) Jul 10 Floyd B Kersey III 113
Meet up Jul 6 Horny guy 1
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Jul 4 the protected species 2,911
Apparent gang shooting in Dover (Jun '12) Jun 29 Norte 14 10
Review: BayFlower Moving Group (Oct '13) Jun 26 James G Clarke 84
Review: Phil Hornback - Realtor Jun 23 Tom 2
•••
•••
•••
Brandon Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brandon Jobs

•••