Florida - Infant Drowns While Mom Was...

Florida - Infant Drowns While Mom Was Buying Pot

There are 54 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Aug 29, 2007, titled Florida - Infant Drowns While Mom Was Buying Pot. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

By WTSP-TV Tampa SEFFNER, FL -- Hillsborough County deputies say a Seffner mother was buying marijuana while her 9-month-old son was drowning in the bathtub.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

nobody important

Jacksonville, FL

#21 Sep 4, 2007
Call me crazy but I am sorry to say it is nobody elses fault that her baby died except her own....nobody held a gun to her head and walked her away from that bathroom with her baby in there so she could answer her drug call....to youpeople that feel it was the society who is to blame....you need to wake up!She made that decision to walk away from that child to go make sure she didnt lose her chances of getting high later.You are sick individuals if you blame anyone else but the mother!
Real

Louisville, KY

#22 Sep 4, 2007
William wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to re-read the news article. The baby died of neglect because it's own mother thought it was more important to buy pot.
And what about the little that was mauled to death by a neighbor dog a while back when the mother was wiped out on pills. Why didn't you hold her to those same standards of accountability? You put most of the blame on the dog in that case so why not blame the drug war in this case being that the drug war has harmed more kids then dogs have?
Real

Louisville, KY

#23 Sep 4, 2007
William wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to re-read the news article. The baby died of neglect because it's own mother thought it was more important to buy pot.
And what about the little girl that was mauled to death by a neighbors dog a while back when the mother was wiped out on pills. Why didn't you hold her to those same standards of accountability? You put most of the blame on the dog in that case so why not blame the drug war in this case being that the drug war has harmed more kids then dogs have?

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#24 Sep 4, 2007
Real wrote:
<quoted text>
And what about the little girl that was mauled to death by a neighbors dog a while back when the mother was wiped out on pills. Why didn't you hold her to those same standards of accountability? You put most of the blame on the dog in that case so why not blame the drug war in this case being that the drug war has harmed more kids then dogs have?
What a stupid analogy!

If the baby had been caught in the crossfire between rival gangs fighting over turf you could make such a case. Here the baby died while his mother was distracted while in another room in the house "negotiating" a drug purchase.

No drug war incident in this case.

...just a stupid mother neglecting her child so she could arrange to get high.
Real

Louisville, KY

#25 Sep 4, 2007
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What a stupid analogy!
If the baby had been caught in the crossfire between rival gangs fighting over turf you could make such a case..
Well that 5 year old girl wasn't killed by cross fire in the drug war and the mother doing drugs was the main factor in her death.

Why don't you just admit you're a bunch of hypocrites?
Real

Louisville, KY

#26 Sep 4, 2007
There was a 16 year old on a bike hit by a cop car responding to drug selling complaint that I read about in the TU today.
That's just another example as to how the drug war harms children. A kid doesn't have to get caught in a cross fire with the drug war to get hurt, all they have to do is get in the way.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Tampa, FL

#27 Sep 4, 2007
Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that 5 year old girl wasn't killed by cross fire in the drug war and the mother doing drugs was the main factor in her death.
Why don't you just admit you're a bunch of hypocrites?
???

That's what everyone is trying to get across to you!

You're making absolutely no sense at all!!

I strongly encourage you to cut back on your drug use.
William

Denver, NC

#28 Sep 4, 2007
Real wrote:
<quoted text>
The little girl that you are referring to was 5-6 years old I remember, she was also mentally challenged and old enough to get out of the house and walk to a neighbors house that owned a chained-up killer Pit Bull. The dogowner also had an "unlocked" fence door which the girl went through! The killer dog could have killed ANY child for any reason.
I placed the blame on the "OWNERS" of the PIT BULL. They are responsible in the State of Florida. That's what I said.
The baby in "this case" is 9 MONTHS old and I doubt she can, walk, talk, turn water on or off and dress or feed herself.
The mother could have fell asleep, been drugged out, writing a novel about drug wars in another room, or buying pot on her porch.
She was buying pot on her front porch.
She is "totally" at fault and the person selling her the pot will probably be arrested and there may be a chance that they will be charged as an accessory to manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter.
I think these two childrens' deaths are very different.
I don't think the "Drug Wars" stuff that you are talking about will be brought up by the defense attorney do you?
Real

Louisville, KY

#29 Sep 4, 2007
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
???
That's what everyone is trying to get across to you!
Then you agree with me that the drug war is more dangerous to children then anything else.
Real

Louisville, KY

#30 Sep 4, 2007
William wrote:
<quoted text>
The little girl that you are referring to was 5-6 years old I remember, she was also mentally challenged and old enough to get out of the house and walk to a neighbors house ?
The reality is you're also blaming the child, as you speak out both sides of your mouth.
dare I say

Orange Park, FL

#31 Sep 4, 2007
Real wrote:
There was a 16 year old on a bike hit by a cop car responding to drug selling complaint that I read about in the TU today.
That's just another example as to how the drug war harms children. A kid doesn't have to get caught in a cross fire with the drug war to get hurt, all they have to do is get in the way.
With all the examples you have given about the harmfulness of the drug war on innocent children, I think the best answer is to immediately execute every drug dealer as soon as they are convicted. It sounds like they are terrorist to me.

Next every illegal drug user should be put into detox. Once they are clean they should either have to remain that way or share the fate of the drug dealers. The war would be quickly won and many innocent children would be saved.
Real

Louisville, KY

#32 Sep 4, 2007
William wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the "Drug Wars" stuff that you are talking about will be brought up by the defense attorney do you?
oh... The defense attorneys make a lot of money to off of the drug war, why would they bring it up?
William

Denver, NC

#33 Sep 4, 2007
Real wrote:
<quoted text>
oh... The defense attorneys make a lot of money to off of the drug war, why would they bring it up?
Dear Real...
I am convinced you have personal drug issues.
I think you need to take corrective action and speak with a professional or get help from a reliable family member or friend.
Real

Louisville, KY

#34 Sep 4, 2007
dare I say wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the examples you have given about the harmfulness of the drug war on innocent children, I think the best answer is to immediately execute every drug dealer as soon as they are convicted.
I can't argue that point you have here.

There are some country's that have publicly behead drug dealers, I believe the Saudi's and Chinese do that and they don't have the drug problem we have here.

Do you think we should completely trash the constitution and follow in their foot steps with government reform?
polly0946

Middleburg, FL

#35 Sep 4, 2007
IF YOU CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILD, PLEASE SEE THAT SOMEONE ELSE DOES. NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE TO DIE BECAUSE OF THE NEGLIGENCE OR IGNORANCE OF AN ADULT OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
Real

Louisville, KY

#36 Sep 4, 2007
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Real...
I am convinced you have personal drug issues.
I think you need to take corrective action and speak with a professional or get help from a reliable family member or friend.
You must be referring to my very poor grammar, spelling and typing skills because you completely ignored all my points.
dare I say

Orange Park, FL

#37 Sep 4, 2007
Real wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't argue that point you have here.
There are some country's that have publicly behead drug dealers, I believe the Saudi's and Chinese do that and they don't have the drug problem we have here.
Do you think we should completely trash the constitution and follow in their foot steps with government reform?
I think drug dealers are felons and I think felons should foreit all constitutional rights. If they can't obey the law, they should not be protected by it when they are caught.
the truth

Jacksonville, FL

#38 Sep 5, 2007
I say take her 150 mile off shore and let her swim back for her punishment. I think that should take care of that.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Tampa, FL

#39 Sep 5, 2007
Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you agree with me that the drug war is more dangerous to children then anything else.
No, I don't!

However, I do agree with several other posters here that you've fried your brain through excessive drug use.

Have a nice day!

Alas, given your obvious drug induced dimininished mental state I doubt you'd even remember whether you had a nice day or not.
BETH

Tallahassee, FL

#40 Sep 5, 2007
good... we're over populated anyway.... there are too many inbred white trash crystal meth f@ckheads passing for normal the mess called todays "corprete south".... Maybe the kid will get lucky and come back as a gopher...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drinking and driving Feb 15 udumb 2
Please take her back Feb 5 sooms 2
Italian pork store Feb 4 Resident 4
News Brandon makes impressive rebound in MoneySense ... (Jul '17) Jul '17 edwardtramer 1
Missing woman (Jul '17) Jul '17 Perfect world 1
News CUPE 'raising red flags' about P3 school model (Jun '17) Jun '17 HydroDebt 50Billi... 3
looking for alicia kirk-toler (Aug '12) Nov '16 Runner43 3

Brandon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brandon Mortgages