Florida - Infant Drowns While Mom Was Buying Pot

Full story: First Coast News Jacksonville

By WTSP-TV Tampa SEFFNER, FL -- Hillsborough County deputies say a Seffner mother was buying marijuana while her 9-month-old son was drowning in the bathtub.
Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fairplay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2007

Very trajic . There is nothing more to say then be careful don't leave a child alone for a minute . There is no excuse if this is true but we all know no matter how hard we try we often run to the other room for the phone , get distracted . Be careful think it takes such a short period of time for tragedy to happen around pool homes or even a bathroom like here . This was more ignorance in my mind then anything else just tragic . Same with leaving kids in a car while running into the store . We are all tempted with 3 kids so we can just grab the milk and cigarettes . Yet the consequences , car jacking , kidnapping , escape into traffic . Drive in convenience stores should get local support and zoning approvals becuase they are needed . God Bless my prayers go out to for this child and Mother .
Real

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2007

Judged:

The baby is dead because of the immoral and greedy justice system we have here.

If pot was legal I believe the baby would still be alive today.
Womba

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2007

Real wrote:
You sound like as big an idiot as the girl.Morons always blame someone else.
MOM IN PVB

Nolensville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2007

Fairplay wrote:
Very trajic . There is nothing more to say then be careful don't leave a child alone for a minute . There is no excuse if this is true but we all know no matter how hard we try we often run to the other room for the phone , get distracted . Be careful think it takes such a short period of time for tragedy to happen around pool homes or even a bathroom like here . This was more ignorance in my mind then anything else just tragic . Same with leaving kids in a car while running into the store . We are all tempted with 3 kids so we can just grab the milk and cigarettes . Yet the consequences , car jacking , kidnapping , escape into traffic . Drive in convenience stores should get local support and zoning approvals becuase they are needed . God Bless my prayers go out to for this child and Mother .
very tragic, first of all i have never left my child alone in the tub, no phone call,knock on the door whatever it was, was worht leaving my kid alone in the tub. and nor have i ever been tempted to leave any of my 3 children in the car while i run into the store. thats just crazy. i think this mother should be put to death the same way her child died. STUPID POT HEAD.
nobody important

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2007

WHEW.......I am sorry for the baby who lost his or her life due to what may have the stupidest reason to die for.....but if this is true....that mother needs to be seriously punished!I agree with "thats just awful"...I have 5 children and I would never leave them in any danger!I know you cant always keep an eye on them 24\7 but I can damn sure try!
NITRO

Callahan, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2007

thats just awful wrote:
<quoted text>
very tragic, first of all i have never left my child alone in the tub, no phone call,knock on the door whatever it was, was worht leaving my kid alone in the tub. and nor have i ever been tempted to leave any of my 3 children in the car while i run into the store. thats just crazy. i think this mother should be put to death the same way her child died. STUPID POT HEAD.
AMEN TO THAT I HAVE 3 KIDS ALSO NOW GROWN UP NOTHING WAS EVER IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO LEAVE KIDS ALONE IN BATHTUB BUT NOW A DAYS 4 YEAR OLDS ARE PLAYING IN FRONT YARDS (UNATTENDED) RUNNING AFTER THE ICE CREAM MAN WHEN THEY GET HIT OR ABDUCTED THEN THEY WANT TO CRY FOR JUSTICE YOUR RIGHT STUPID STUPID
Renegade

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2007

Judged:

Give the mother life in prison,either that or drown her like that rat that she is
Jake

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2007

give the mother life in prison or drown her like a rat
nobody important

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2007

Shoot no....what they should do is make her smoke pot(since it was so important for her to have it) until she kills herself...that way it will be a slow death...it can happen if you smoke it continuously...non stop....but thats my opinion.I am sure they can come across alot of pot to give her...they conviscate it everyday from drug dealers anyways...maybe they will get lucky and she will get a hold of some bad pot and it will make her really sick...and if thats the case..they should keep forcing her to smoke it!See if she feels it was that important to walk away from her child to buy while he was drowning in that bathtub!
Jade

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

Zac is hot ! I wood like to be you G fr.

love you jade
Felix

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

A dope drop off doesn't take half an hour unless she was exchanging sex for drugs.

She should be given the choice of giving the dealers name or facing the death sentence.

The child didn't put itself in the water, therefore she drowned (murdered) the child.

The dealer should face the death sentence.

Time to get scum off the streets and into the fiery pit where they belong.
William

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Womba wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Womba........
From the South

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Real wrote:
Hey Real Stupid, why not blame the welfare system also, it was their money.
Real

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

From the South wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Real Stupid, why not blame the welfare system also, it was their money.
There are many children dead because of the drug war. That's a fact and this is no different.
Real

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Womba wrote:
<quoted text>
Then who do you blame for the drug war? The drug user's or the government that makes a lot of money from the drug war? If she was buying moonshine I could see where you could be coming from because everyone of age has the right to buy alcohol at their own convenience, that can't be said with pot unless you are a rich boy or maybe have good government connections.

The mother didn't plan to kill her baby , but the drug war has become such a reliable source of income for the government it could care less about any child that gets in the way.

This baby is dead because of the ignorance of most of the people in this thread, either being to stupid or to afraid to attack to problem at the source.
tommy salami

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

i wonder if the weed was commercial quality or hydroponic?
William

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

tommy salami wrote:
i wonder if the weed was commercial quality or hydroponic?
Does your parents know you play on the computer?
William

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Then who do you blame for the drug war? The drug user's or the government that makes a lot of money from the drug war? If she was buying moonshine I could see where you could be coming from because everyone of age has the right to buy alcohol at their own convenience, that can't be said with pot unless you are a rich boy or maybe have good government connections.
The mother didn't plan to kill her baby , but the drug war has become such a reliable source of income for the government it could care less about any child that gets in the way.
This baby is dead because of the ignorance of most of the people in this thread, either being to stupid or to afraid to attack to problem at the source.
You need to re-read the news article. The baby died of neglect because it's own mother thought it was more important to buy pot.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

Real wrote:
<quoted text>This baby is dead because of the ignorance of most of the people in this thread, either being to stupid or to afraid to attack to problem at the source.
The baby is dead because of the ignorance of the people posting here?!?!

That's well beyond stupid!!

Do you smoke a couple blunts, drink an entire bottle of hard liquor, snort 3 or 4 lines of coke, smoke four or five "rocks", or gulp down a handful of "stupid pills" before you start posting your jack@ss comments here?

You are a 100% pure, not from concentrate, unadulterated, unfiltered moron!!!
FURIOUS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

Real wrote:
No, he probably wouldn't have survived as long as he did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Brandon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Brandon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brandon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brandon