what happened to the River Bluff resort?

what happened to the River Bluff resort?

Posted in the Brandenburg Forum

janie

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Aug 14, 2006
I used to vacation with my family at River Bluff when I was a child and now I can't find any information about it on the internet. I had heard that it closed awhile back. Is this true? Does anyone know if there is any website with information regarding this? Thanks for any help you can give.
Snook crook

Lexington, KY

#2 Aug 23, 2008
ive lived in bburg for years an never heard of river bluff resort..must not of been that big of a resort cuz i havent seen nor heard of any such place
sue

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Nov 29, 2008
The River Bluff resort went out of business, was sold, now lots have been sold off and it is a subdivision.
RIVER BLUFF

Alexandria, KY

#4 Jun 6, 2010
YEA IT SOLD ALONG TIME AGO.DO YOU REMEMBER GARLAND?
Mandy

United States

#5 Oct 17, 2010
Awww my family went all summer miss the tire swings. And garland!!!!
wadewriter

Denver, CO

#6 Mar 7, 2012
janie wrote:
I used to vacation with my family at River Bluff when I was a child and now I can't find any information about it on the internet. I had heard that it closed awhile back. Is this true? Does anyone know if there is any website with information regarding this? Thanks for any help you can give.
Numerous civil suits were successfully filed against River Bluff for fraud, which contributed to its demise.
James

Mount Washington, KY

#7 Feb 5, 2013
hello all. i used to go there with my grandparents way back when. when grandmother passed i aquired the quilt they all had a part of making at "The Bluff" if anyone knows of any member still living let me know. I would love to let them see this quilt again.
BLUFF

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Feb 6, 2013
GARLAND DIED BUT HIS WIFE BETTY OWNS THE DAIRY CUP IN IRVINGTON IF THAT HELPS
James

Georgetown, KY

#9 Feb 8, 2013
Garland was a good man!!
Edward

Georgetown, KY

#10 Feb 8, 2013
River bluff became Indian Bluff in late 80's then closed. Betty did help make that quilt. She's in Irvington.
james

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Feb 13, 2013
Thanks Edward. I will try and get in touch with her.
tootisie

United States

#12 Feb 21, 2013
like ever think in the burg, to many rule,s, one horse town two,three people running it,been that way ever since beging of time,
Janie

United States

#14 May 20, 2013
Thanks everyone--I had no idea it turned out to be a scam! Crazy!! I have so many fond childhood memories there. Does anyone have any pictures from back in the day when it was a resort? I would love to see them if you do! I remember the cabins were so awesome, all had indian tribe names. I wish it were still there so I could take my kids there! I remember going down that steep hill to get down to the resort, I was always afraid we were going to go off the edge! If you have any pics of the resort--I would love to see them! You could e-mail them to me at janieb5782@yahoo.com. Thanks all!!
Melissa

Hodgenville, KY

#15 Oct 19, 2013
Lots of fond memories, I loved that place growing up. We went there also with my family & just thought wouldn't that be great to take my kids there! I had heard it had closed but was not sure. I would love to see some pictures also. I remember coming over that HORRIBLE hill when you first went in so SCARY.
rick tudor

Louisville, KY

#16 Jul 11, 2014
My grandmother front Davis was a member there. She is 92 now and at Fransiscan health care on fern valley road in louisville ky 40219. I am speaking with her know and she remembers working on the quilt. She enjoyed hearing about it.
Bluff

United States

#17 Jul 13, 2014
I know Garlands son painted the sign for them when the changed over to Indian Bluff he on tv shows now his name is tray.
Donielle Donaldson

United States

#18 May 16, 2015
James wrote:
hello all. i used to go there with my grandparents way back when. when grandmother passed i aquired the quilt they all had a part of making at "The Bluff" if anyone knows of any member still living let me know. I would love to let them see this quilt again.

James
I would like to the guilt.
Donielle Donaldson

United States

#19 May 16, 2015
Donielle Donaldson wrote:
<quoted text>
James
I would like to see the guilt.
I am on Facebook donielle Barnett Donaldson
Marcella Volz

United States

#20 Monday Jan 29
James wrote:
My mom worked on it Roy and Norma Volz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandenburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls at Fivestar by Hodgenville Rd? (Mar '16) 29 min I hope so 11
Hooters Fact vs Fiction 1 hr Edna B 2
Fire Sheriff John Ward Canít Contol Deputies 1 hr Wibb 2
Whatís up Hendrickson? 1 hr Will 3
Emily Franklin Fri jjksajfo 2
Jr abell (Jan '17) Thu Tell your w--re hi 18
Erika Huff has some stinkey p*ss on her Feb 14 One ugly duckling 2

Brandenburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance