Small Orangeburg Town Hit Hardest in Storm

Full story: WLTX Columbia 25
" One of the hardest hit spots from Saturday's tornados was a little railroad town in Orangeburg County. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dhb

Florence, SC

#1 Mar 16, 2008
I know what the "F" stand for, but what does the "E" stand for? Anyone?

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

#2 Mar 16, 2008
dhb wrote:
I know what the "F" stand for, but what does the "E" stand for? Anyone?
"EF" stands for "Enhanced Fujito". Here's the link:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/faq/tornado/#f-scale3

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

#3 Mar 16, 2008
Sorry...post above should say "Fujita" not "Fujito."
Our Town

Nashville, NC

#4 Mar 16, 2008
God Bless all of us
Jospeh 50

AOL

#7 Mar 17, 2008
There was a hardward store there. I would like to know if it was hit. I know the person who owned it. Thank you. Thank you GOD that no life was lost.
Old resident

United States

#8 Mar 17, 2008
Jospeh 50 wrote:
There was a hardward store there. I would like to know if it was hit. I know the person who owned it. Thank you. Thank you GOD that no life was lost.
I work with someone that lives in Branchville, and she said that the hardware store did have pretty bad damage.

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#9 Mar 17, 2008
The people in Branchville are some fo the nicest ones you'll ever meet. I hate this happened to such great folks. I'm sure they'll work hard and recover. Just so glad there was no loss of life.
pvtlakinmom07

Little River, SC

#10 Mar 17, 2008
my prayers goes to everyone who was affected by this storm
Janice

Leesville, SC

#11 Mar 17, 2008
Thoughts and prayers goes out to all of you. Branchville had the best little icecream place in south carolina. I was told it was gone. I'm just glad that noone was seriously hurt or killed. God bless you.
angela green

Orlando, FL

#12 Mar 17, 2008
angela and linda green granddaughters of mattie lee green from from florida send there love to all familys at this time of dispear
angela green

Orlando, FL

#13 Mar 17, 2008
angela and linda green granddaughetrs of mattie lee green from florida send there love to all familys at this time of dispear
angela green

Orlando, FL

#14 Mar 17, 2008
angela and linda green granddaughters of mattie lee green from florida send there love all familys at this of dispear
allen

West Columbia, SC

#15 Mar 17, 2008
hope your town recives all the help they can possible get
its a great town to be at
allen sandy run area may god be with you
SWaltz

Newberry, SC

#16 Mar 18, 2008
I am a Teeneger from Branchville Sc and For anyone who is concerned and have yet to hear no one was hurt in the storm it just did a lot of damage....... Just sad is all
C Sergent

High Point, NC

#17 Mar 21, 2008
I REMEMBER WHEN (2000-2002)BEST SLAW DOG EVER AND BURGERS!"THE CHURN" ....WOW! I have just received the information about the tornado that hit Branchville. Yes, I must agree this community will reach out to each other during this difficult time. Our family sends our prayers and love to each of you.

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#18 Mar 22, 2008
Rode through Branchville yesterday and saw the devastation. You cannot truly comprehend it unless you see it firsthand. There was a house sitting in one spot that had the woods on either side of it looking like a pile of pick up sticks. It's amazing how noone was killed. God Bless them all. Those folks in that little town have already gotten to work on rebuilding.
Karen Meadows

United States

#19 Mar 24, 2008
My prayers are with you all. I went through yesterday and was amazed at the clean up already done. We will miss our visits to The Churn, it was a great little place.
Lovemore

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Mar 26, 2008
Old resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I work with someone that lives in Branchville, and she said that the hardware store did have pretty bad damage.
Hareware store or the Feed and Seed lost the entire back of the building. But it is one of the only brick downtown structures not demolished.
youre-kidding

Grovetown, GA

#21 Apr 5, 2008
beth

Mount Holly, NC

#22 Apr 23, 2008
i grew up in bville, class of 03. even though i was a wild child and took off to NC after i graduated, this is still my home. I used to eat at the churn multiple times a day, strips of fire and a cherry coke. or a chocolate shake. this breaks my heart but the ppl of branchville are the finest ever, and maybe at raylrode daze (u homeslices know what im talkin about here) we can have a branchville releif fumd set up next to the beer garde, whereever that will be this year, sice otts is out of it. i just hate that these buildings that havent changed since i rode my bike thru these streets on summer days when i was little have to renovate like this. my heart is there with everyone. i was actually supposed to be in town for a visit that weekend, but came down a week earlier. sigh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branchville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge sides with breakaway Episcopal churches Feb 6 Listen to the Word 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bamberg, SC (Aug '10) Jan '15 Brian_G 6
The Advertizer-Herald, Bamberg's Best Friend (Apr '09) Dec '14 AndreBrown32 2
Dorchester Music Thread (May '12) Nov '14 Musikologist 13
metts (Aug '14) Aug '14 harry metts 1
loan offer (Sep '13) Jul '14 clem 2
South Carolina Episcopalians take fight to court (Jul '14) Jul '14 RevKen 4
Branchville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web