Tornado Does $1.7 Million Dollars Dam...

Tornado Does $1.7 Million Dollars Damage in Branchville

There are 10 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Mar 17, 2008, titled Tornado Does $1.7 Million Dollars Damage in Branchville. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

" Initial estimates from assessors put Saturday's storm damage in Branchville at $1.7 Million Dollars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

tim

Lexington, SC

#1 Mar 17, 2008
the government lines their pockets, they should be able to give away 0.00000000000001% of their cash to fix it up. if not, its startin to look like britain
rhjoha

Chester, SC

#2 Mar 17, 2008
THIS WAS AND STILL IS A VERY DEVISTATING THING TO WITNESS, I LIVE IN THIS AREA NOW AND THANKFULLY MY HOME WANSN'T TOUCHED AND NON OF MY PROPERTY WAS HARMED IN ANY WAY, HOWEVER MY NEIGHBORS EXPERIENCED ALOT OF DAMAGE TO THEIR PROPERTIES. WE ALL NEED TO KEEP THIS WHOLE COMMUNITY AS WELL AS ANYONE AFFECTED BY THIS MOTHER NATURE EVENT IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.
Melinda

Vidalia, GA

#3 Mar 17, 2008
Being from Branchville, and seeing the damage from videos and pictures there has me very thankful that no one was killed or hurt badly. This is a very small town, and it will take time to rebuild the town itself. I am thankful for all the newspapers and TV stations that are reporting about Branchville. It is getting the word out what happened and will help in the town being rebuilt.
Amanda

Newberry, SC

#4 Mar 19, 2008
i go to school in branchville and i was shocked to see how this tornado DESTROYED Branchville. our one peaceful town is now filled with sadness and anger. but underneath all of that pain there is still some hope to build back what was torn down.
rhjoha

Chester, SC

#5 Mar 19, 2008
Amanda wrote:
i go to school in branchville and i was shocked to see how this tornado DESTROYED Branchville. our one peaceful town is now filled with sadness and anger. but underneath all of that pain there is still some hope to build back what was torn down.
Branchville will in time rebuild itself to be the great town it once was, and underneath all the rumble it still is. There is no use in being sad and surely not angry, no person was hurt, we should all be thankful. Thankful that the lord has given us all a new day, thankful we have one another in the comminity, thankful that we are here to clean up and re-build. We are all very blessed this could have been a lot worse. Time is what it is going to take and our community will be back to normal.

There is no telling what mother nature has in store for any of us and all we can do is join together and support one another. We surely cant stop her so we have to deal with it and not let her tear us down.
John - uk

Florence, SC

#6 Mar 20, 2008
we are on holiday in your beautiful state, driving along highway 21, when we came to Branchville on tuesday after the tornado had passed. Amazed to see the destruction caused. And in awe at the power of mother nature. Give thanks that no-one was killed, and Hope and pray that reconstruction takes place speedily.
More generally, we so much enjoy South carolina - you are a great set of people. thanks for making us welcome.
tanks

Walterboro, SC

#7 May 27, 2008
rhjoha wrote:
THIS WAS AND STILL IS A VERY DEVISTATING THING TO WITNESS, I LIVE IN THIS AREA NOW AND THANKFULLY MY HOME WANSN'T TOUCHED AND NON OF MY PROPERTY WAS HARMED IN ANY WAY, HOWEVER MY NEIGHBORS EXPERIENCED ALOT OF DAMAGE TO THEIR PROPERTIES. WE ALL NEED TO KEEP THIS WHOLE COMMUNITY AS WELL AS ANYONE AFFECTED BY THIS MOTHER NATURE EVENT IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.
their thying to get up on their feet thank you very much
thanks

Walterboro, SC

#8 May 27, 2008
thank you but try to understand that their try ing to get up on their feet
Sharon

Lindenhurst, NY

#9 Aug 30, 2009
I went to elementary scholl in Branchville and was shocked to see what destruction has taken place there in March 2008. The town and the people are in my prayers.
rebuild

United States

#10 Oct 28, 2009
Melinda wrote:
Being from Branchville, and seeing the damage from videos and pictures there has me very thankful that no one was killed or hurt badly. This is a very small town, and it will take time to rebuild the town itself. I am thankful for all the newspapers and TV stations that are reporting about Branchville. It is getting the word out what happened and will help in the town being rebuilt.
With a mayor like they've got and community help, Branchville will come back Strong, if not Stronger!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branchville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Orangeburg is the worst city in the US (Apr '06) Aug 9 How bout you 96
Debate: Marijuana - Bamberg, SC (Dec '10) May '15 sandra 4
Dorchester Music Thread (May '12) Apr '15 Musikologist 14
News Judge sides with breakaway Episcopal churches (Feb '15) Feb '15 Listen to the Word 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bamberg, SC (Aug '10) Jan '15 Brian_G 6
News The Advertizer-Herald, Bamberg's Best Friend (Apr '09) Dec '14 AndreBrown32 2
metts (Aug '14) Aug '14 harry metts 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Branchville Mortgages