Inmate Beaten to Death in Orangeburg ...

Inmate Beaten to Death in Orangeburg Jail

There are 47 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Mar 5, 2008, titled Inmate Beaten to Death in Orangeburg Jail. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division agents are investigating the beating death of a Bowman man in an Orangeburg jail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Orangeburg

Orangeburg, SC

#42 Apr 10, 2008
Well from my understanding the family wasnt even notified of this incident till tuesday....several days after herndon was beaten....and yes he was attacked by a fellow inmate....he didnt deserve this....now his family is trying to get to the bottom of this and i think they should....sounds like ole orangeburg is in for a lawsuit.
family of this family

Clinton, SC

#43 Apr 11, 2008
I him all of my life, and yes he did have a drinking problem and he did need help. It was his choice by what i understood to remain locked up until a bed was available at a detox center. He did have an altercation with family members and this is what pushed him to agree on detox. Nobody deserves what happened to him. He has 4 children and several granchildren that are without a father/grandfather now. Bowman is a small community and we all rely on family here, They lost a part of their family and no one deserves this pain. I feel for you all and I add you to my prayers regularly. I do pray that the great Lord above continues to give you all the strength to keep moving forward.
*OCDC Correction Officers need to be evaluated. Why did he lay there 2 hours before being taken to the hospital. How did this beaten go on and was this severe in a holding cell and no one not stop it? There seems to be a lot of issues with the system ther and a lot of questions need to be answered for the family.
I think that our Sherriff Larry Williams needs to get out and investigate while still having a chance before HOPEFULLY Kinsey comes in and takes over and shows it off by being able to get the job done and the questions answered.
GOOD LUCK ALLEN KINSEY IN RUN FOR OUR SHERRIFF!!!
US Attorney

Augusta, GA

#44 Apr 12, 2008
If you're not careful Senator Lindsey Graham will give you this as your next US Attorney for the district of South Caroling replacing Reggie Lloyd. Reggie Lloyd was recently (Jan '08) selected by Governor Mark Sanford to be the next director of SLED.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/121296/m ...
countrybumpkin

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#45 Oct 18, 2011
SOME_1 wrote:
Somebody really needs to check into orangeburg county system. it seems as though a lot of covering up is being done on that case. the guilty will always tell on themselves! give it time family and friends, the truth lies behind the jail house bars! They will talk soon enough.
This is so true they always like to cover up what really happens & don't care what happens to someones loved one. I hope justice will prevail... And the truth will aventually come out. Sorry for your loss
Next

Lithia Springs, GA

#46 Oct 19, 2011
Karma - spelled with a "K", y'all... Truly a tragedy. The Burg is a living death, tho' a lot of burgers are too in denial to admit it to themselves. "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here". Crack County.
Never P C

Lithia Springs, GA

#47 Oct 25, 2011
Any way to get out of the hellish netherworld of orangeburg. R.I.P, and he's much better off.
Alli

Tucker, GA

#48 Jan 17, 2014
The corruption at Orangeburg Jail has continued. Five suspicious deaths in a year? Something is very, very wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branchville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Bamberg, SC (Dec '10) Feb '16 Penny 5
Low flying aircraft Jan 12? Jan '16 Kellyl1202 1
Convicted child molester to be deported from uk... Nov '15 Big yin 1
Orangeburg is the worst city in the US (Apr '06) Oct '15 Buck Jonez 98
Dorchester Music Thread (May '12) Oct '15 Musikologist 15
News Judge sides with breakaway Episcopal churches (Feb '15) Feb '15 Listen to the Word 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bamberg, SC (Aug '10) Jan '15 Brian_G 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Branchville Mortgages