First Prev
of 2
Next Last
truth

Eunice, LA

#1 Aug 16, 2014
I've watched Nootsie's house progress over the course of the last few months and noticed one thing in particular..
Besides using a Eunice contractor, everything else in that house or for that house has gone to out of town merchants.
Floor, plumbing, furniture, decor... everything
For a man that wants to represent the people of Eunice, What does this show? That we're good enough to pay his councilman salary he wants but not good enough to provide his goods and services?
Hell! His kids didn't even attend Eunice schools!
From a passerby, it appears this man wants only what he can take from us and give nothing in return.
Shouldn't elected officials promote Eunice? Support the people they represent?
What a shame.
Jeff

United States

#2 Aug 16, 2014
You went in nootsie's new house and looked at his new furniture and where it came from? As well as his floors and decor? What about his underwear? Did he buy it at Crowley walmart instead? You dug up his plumbing and checked the tag? Are you a criminal that's trespassing or just that big of a creep that stalks him? Or better yet, a lying. "Junior"?? LOL.., calm down little man.
Truth

Eunice, LA

#3 Aug 16, 2014
Jeff wrote:
You went in nootsie's new house and looked at his new furniture and where it came from? As well as his floors and decor? What about his underwear? Did he buy it at Crowley walmart instead? You dug up his plumbing and checked the tag? Are you a criminal that's trespassing or just that big of a creep that stalks him? Or better yet, a lying. "Junior"?? LOL.., calm down little man.
No, Jeff
I'm not Junior. Far from it. But that shows your intellect. You think because someone spills the truth they must have an ax to grind.
My only fight is that why would a man want people to vote for him and represent the city of Eunice when at the same time buy all merchandise outside the city?
You don't have to be a stalker to see the different trucks and service companies from outside the city at his house on a daily basis.
Sorry, Jeff...
The bigger man in this race is the one that supports his city.
Maybe you should creep along and see where our prospective candidates shop and support local business instead of wondering where he buys his underwear
Charlie

Opelousas, LA

#4 Aug 17, 2014
Everyone should try to buy local no matter where you live. Local businesses are the backbones of a community. A good point has been made if it is true.
Want to know

Hammond, LA

#5 Aug 17, 2014
Charlie wrote:
Everyone should try to buy local no matter where you live. Local businesses are the backbones of a community. A good point has been made if it is true.
Charlie you are so correct on your statement about local businesses being the backbone of communities. Charlie maybe Truth can give us a little bit more info cause it sounds like he knows.
Eunice resident

Branch, LA

#6 Aug 20, 2014
Wow! You seem to be very observant of the Sattler's, but seems like you have concentrated on what you wanted to see. If your going to take notes on the rebuilding of their home, state ALL of the facts, not just the ones you've highlighted for your own purpose. Funny how the timing of your post just happens to be move in weekend for them. But guess you're a little late with your post because you have seen them using the local businesses and local businessmen for the whole rebuilding process and had nothing to report on. Also I'm sure your home has NOTHING BUT merchandise purchased from Eunice businesses.....right? I guess you NEVER go out of town to dine out....right? I also noticed that you must have gone into the Sattler home, for you to think you even know where they purchased their home decor. Or did you gather allll this info from just being a passerby? Regardless of what picture you are trying to paint, shouldn't the race for Ward 3 be about a candidate that wants to help his community not about where he may or may not have purchased his home decor. If you would have taken notes this whole time, you would have noted that the Sattler's have not only used a local contractor, local flooring installer, local appliance sales, local a/c installation, etc.. As much as you would like to think that you know so much.....guess what....you don't and the Sattler's have proven you WRONG with your accusations. Oh btw, their son is a Sophomore @ Eunice High School! Proven wrong, yet again. You should try to get the correct facts before posting false accusations. Sounds like someone grasping at straws. This race should be about what each candidate can do for the community and after talking with Mr Sattler....he is eager to do his part.
Truth

United States

#7 Aug 22, 2014
Eunice resident wrote:
Wow! You seem to be very observant of the Sattler's, but seems like you have concentrated on what you wanted to see. If your going to take notes on the rebuilding of their home, state ALL of the facts, not just the ones you've highlighted for your own purpose. Funny how the timing of your post just happens to be move in weekend for them. But guess you're a little late with your post because you have seen them using the local businesses and local businessmen for the whole rebuilding process and had nothing to report on. Also I'm sure your home has NOTHING BUT merchandise purchased from Eunice businesses.....right? I guess you NEVER go out of town to dine out....right? I also noticed that you must have gone into the Sattler home, for you to think you even know where they purchased their home decor. Or did you gather allll this info from just being a passerby? Regardless of what picture you are trying to paint, shouldn't the race for Ward 3 be about a candidate that wants to help his community not about where he may or may not have purchased his home decor. If you would have taken notes this whole time, you would have noted that the Sattler's have not only used a local contractor, local flooring installer, local appliance sales, local a/c installation, etc.. As much as you would like to think that you know so much.....guess what....you don't and the Sattler's have proven you WRONG with your accusations. Oh btw, their son is a Sophomore @ Eunice High School! Proven wrong, yet again. You should try to get the correct facts before posting false accusations. Sounds like someone grasping at straws. This race should be about what each candidate can do for the community and after talking with Mr Sattler....he is eager to do his part.
"Eager to do his part"
What a statement... To prove my point, all you needed to do was observe..
A eunice contractor. Eunice concrete.. And that's about it. Lumber from Doug Ashy. Doesn't he have a person in his ward that owns a EUNICE lumber company? I'm sure Fruge Lumber would have been more than grateful to have that business...
Flooring from Jennings? That helps Eunice how? Electrician and plumber from Rayne? That sure helps Eunice businesses...
A car load of decor and supplies from Baton Rouge? Maybe the sales person was from Eunice? Appliances from where exactly?
There son is a sophomore at Eunice High... But before that, he and his sister were students at St. Francis in Iota. To good to even enroll in Eunice's own Catholic School?
And all this shows he is "eager to do his part?" His part for what? To slap Eunice business owners square in the face?!?
You could not be more correct.. This race IS about who wants to help Eunice and it's people. It's about who wants to work to keep Eunice above water.
Before I cast my vote, you can be darn sure I will take this into consideration and I hope my fellow residents of Ward 3 will do the same.
Curious

Mobile, AL

#8 Aug 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"Eager to do his part"
What a statement... To prove my point, all you needed to do was observe..
A eunice contractor. Eunice concrete.. And that's about it. Lumber from Doug Ashy. Doesn't he have a person in his ward that owns a EUNICE lumber company? I'm sure Fruge Lumber would have been more than grateful to have that business...
Flooring from Jennings? That helps Eunice how? Electrician and plumber from Rayne? That sure helps Eunice businesses...
A car load of decor and supplies from Baton Rouge? Maybe the sales person was from Eunice? Appliances from where exactly?
There son is a sophomore at Eunice High... But before that, he and his sister were students at St. Francis in Iota. To good to even enroll in Eunice's own Catholic School?
And all this shows he is "eager to do his part?" His part for what? To slap Eunice business owners square in the face?!?
You could not be more correct.. This race IS about who wants to help Eunice and it's people. It's about who wants to work to keep Eunice above water.
Before I cast my vote, you can be darn sure I will take this into consideration and I hope my fellow residents of Ward 3 will do the same.
Sure seems like "Truth" has a lot invested in this race and a lot of time invested in stalking the Sattler's. Just saying
Truth be known

Branch, LA

#9 Aug 22, 2014
truth wrote:
I've watched Nootsie's house progress over the course of the last few months and noticed one thing in particular..
Besides using a Eunice contractor, everything else in that house or for that house has gone to out of town merchants.
Floor, plumbing, furniture, decor... everything
For a man that wants to represent the people of Eunice, What does this show? That we're good enough to pay his councilman salary he wants but not good enough to provide his goods and services?
Hell! His kids didn't even attend Eunice schools!
From a passerby, it appears this man wants only what he can take from us and give nothing in return.
Shouldn't elected officials promote Eunice? Support the people they represent?
What a shame.
From what I hear...Eunice is good enough to pay the current councilman's salary that he wants but he can't even attend his monthly meetings that he's paid to attend. What does this show? That we're good enough to pay his salary just for him to say he is a councilman. Not to mention, citizens have had to take action themselves to get something done...and yes I was told this directly from the Eunice citizen. What does show? That we're paying a salary for someone to socialize with everyone and get nothing done. Eunice doesn't need a PR person....we need someone to do what they can to take care of issues within their ward.
Truth

Eunice, LA

#10 Aug 23, 2014
To answer both of the last questions..
I do not have a lot of time and money invested in stalking the Sattlers. Social media and the free vision God gave me allows me to see such things. All I am is a neighbor. A local. A resident of Ward 3.
As much as you people want to accuse me of being someone I'm not, it's with great pleasure that I tell you I am not Junior, or anyone else y'all say I am. Why is it that when someone questions the credibility of a candidate and questions what they think is a bad choice, it's automatically assumed they are an opposing candidate? Do you think Nootsie and Junior are the only people in Ward 3 that want to see Eunice prosper? How very callous and smug of you. The desire for progress and stabilization lies in all of us. Not just two people. Do not be smug in your accusation.
As far as our present councilman's attendance? I can't answer that. But I'm sure our city clerk can. All that is public record. Maybe you should do a little research this time.
And his effectiveness? When I've called.. He answered or returned my call. He came out to look at my drainage issue, my issue with my alley, and street issues I had. What I've never heard in my neighborhood or in town was that he was inaccessible or unwilling to assist. It's true he likes to talk, and if that is the PR person you accuse him of, then that part is true. But, you cannot deny in his talking that he has passion for his city. Passion for local business support. And a desire to see Eunice succeed.
Voters in Ward 3 will either elect someone who "wants to give back to the citizens" by shopping and supporting out of town businesses and taking away food from its citizens tables or re-electing a man that has proven he's for the city. For the people and has a desire, not a sudden whim, to see Eunice grow into the future.
I've rebutted every post on here with facts. None of y'all have come up with facts to back your claims yet. Maybe because it's just attacks by you to discredit a man that's worked his tail off for his city, and to hide the truth I've exposed?....
Bluejay backer

Branch, LA

#11 Aug 23, 2014
Truth please provide a list that Mr. Bergeron had done for ward 3 I'd like to compare it to the list of people that said he did nothing and the citizens had to address and take care of the problem. You say he worked his tail off so I'm expecting a pretty long list, and your correct maybe someone should pull that meeting record because I heard the same thing from a veryyyyy reliable source. I'll be waiting to see the list please make it worth my wild.
Truth

Eunice, LA

#12 Aug 23, 2014
Bluejay backer wrote:
Truth please provide a list that Mr. Bergeron had done for ward 3 I'd like to compare it to the list of people that said he did nothing and the citizens had to address and take care of the problem. You say he worked his tail off so I'm expecting a pretty long list, and your correct maybe someone should pull that meeting record because I heard the same thing from a veryyyyy reliable source. I'll be waiting to see the list please make it worth my wild.
If you're trying to phish me to see what I know or do not know in an effort to find out who i am, keep phishing.
Mr. Bergeron'so accomplishments can be answered by Mr. Bergeron himself. Ask him what he's done. Ask him what's been asked of him and ask him what steps he's taken. I can tell you what he did for me, and I did in my previous post. Maybe slow down, have another beer and re-read. SLOWER...
While you're at it, take that list that shows his ineffectivness and examine the situations. Was it something greater than what the city could do? Maybe a state problem? Parish problem? I'm sure Mr. Bergeron could provide a suitable answer for that too. Or, why don't YOU tell ME those situations? Isn't that what you asked of me?
And, there is no better reliable source other than public record. That is veryyyyy reliable. In fact, it's recorded truth. Not heresay.
I'd love to make things "worth your wild" but I'm not sure how wild your worth is.
I'm afraid the little old person you'd find in me is just not as wild as i used to be.:)
Bluejay Backer

Mountain View, CA

#13 Aug 23, 2014
Hey truth I don't give a Rats Ass who you are and could care less, I asked what Mr. Bergeron did you said worked tail off cleaning I alley ditch in 4 years hell he should be mayor. I think you are someone who sits in there window and watches or burns alot of gas watching the Sattler's get a life, you gave me no list so go cast your vote for Jr cause I'm with Nootsie and plenty more behind me. Hold on the train is coming. Done with you
Truth

Eunice, LA

#14 Aug 23, 2014
Bluejay Backer wrote:
Hey truth I don't give a Rats Ass who you are and could care less, I asked what Mr. Bergeron did you said worked tail off cleaning I alley ditch in 4 years hell he should be mayor. I think you are someone who sits in there window and watches or burns alot of gas watching the Sattler's get a life, you gave me no list so go cast your vote for Jr cause I'm with Nootsie and plenty more behind me. Hold on the train is coming. Done with you
Once again..
I give you info of what he's done at my house. For me and my neighbors. You have the list of what he HASNT done, right? Tell us!
Y'all questioned his attendance at council meetings, I tell you where to find proof.
If I sit in Nootsie's window, or sit in his living room, I have told you facts about this candidate. About both candidates. All you do is get mad. Why? Where is your list? Why haven't you not dispelled my post about him using out of town services?
I will not veer off the race and the facts. Get ugly all you want, get on the train, bus, car, whatever.. Maybe take that bus to Baton Rouge and buy more stuff for Nootsie's house. If you support a man to represent you that does NOT support his town, then that's your prerogative.
As for me? I own a business in Eunice. I live in Eunice. If I can help it, I'll live out the rest of my years and die in Eunice. My kids, grand kids, relatives, all live here. The ONLY way to see Eunice sustain and grow is to support it.
To quote you "I don't give a rats ass" if you like me or not, reply or not. My only concern is who will represent me and my city. And to let people know both candidates before the lever is pulled.
Bluejay Backer

Mountain View, CA

#15 Aug 23, 2014
Hey Truth Nootsie Sattler will be taking care of all the crap lil jr didn't do for the last 4 years at least go to meetings. Could you ask jr. Why all the roads on acadia , jelk and a few others in his ward was paved, but a few other streets with lil higer tax payers got screwed. I'm not gonna get in a pissed match with you see you at the polls.
Truth

Eunice, LA

#16 Aug 24, 2014
Bluejay Backer wrote:
Hey Truth Nootsie Sattler will be taking care of all the crap lil jr didn't do for the last 4 years at least go to meetings. Could you ask jr. Why all the roads on acadia , jelk and a few others in his ward was paved, but a few other streets with lil higer tax payers got screwed. I'm not gonna get in a pissed match with you see you at the polls.
If you pay attention to city business, or have at least lived in the city longer than 1 year, you know that the city re-paves streets all over town each year.
According to the Eunice News articles that come out EACH time this decision is made, a list is compiled from the City Engineer as to which streets are in more need of repair. I doubt this is a grab bag situation where certain streets are chosen because of any other situation.
You won't get "In a pissed match?" You have yet to come up with anything valid as far as debate, other than the height of our current councilman. And then, his opponent seems to be somewhat vertically challenged himself.
I state facts, you spew criticism. I'd bet you were a bully way back in the day? When facts or truth is presented, you punch rather than speak.
If these are the actions of what you represent, this solidifies my decision to re-elect Mr. Bergeron
Cacoon

Covington, LA

#17 Aug 24, 2014
So let me get this straight TRUTH, you are basing your vote on where a family buys some of their furnishing's for their house? Take a look around your own house. If the Sattler's could have saved $5000 by going out of town, i salute them for that who wouldn't. Have you ever had your house burn down, try picking up the pieces from that, I see Nootsie Sattler in town patronizing local business all the time. You ever try buying a Dress in town? My little girl has to go to Lafayette because the selection in Eunice SUCKS. Nootsie and his wife volunteer time at Church, and after church with the confirmation classes they teach, what type of volunteer work does Mr. Bergeron do, standing around in his designer clothes does not count as work either. The election results will speak louder than anything i have to say..........TRU DAT
Bluejay Backer

United States

#18 Aug 24, 2014
Well said Cacoon Truth still has not provided me with the list that Jr has worked his tail off in 4 years. And truth says it has all the facts, yet to see any. Truth far from a bully just a great person :)
Truth

United States

#19 Aug 24, 2014
Cacoon and Bluejay backer...
Facts? Where is your list of what he has not done? I have told you what he did. All you do is repeat the same dumb rhetoric... Makes me believe that you are either a child or have no basis on your accusations at all.
Cacoon... A person running for office in a town he wants to represent should buy in that town. What kind of example are you showing by buying outside, while trying to help your city grow? Wanna give back? Easy... Support it. Your tax dollars help support the town you live in.
What a selfish act, if you want to hold public office in your city but buy good and services outside that city. All the while collecting a monthly salary from that city and basing a budget on tax dollars received.
I'm sure Mr. Bergeron does his share of volunteer work. There again, ask him. He's accessible to anyone. If he answered my call, I'm sure he'd answer yours. Hell! He'd even answer Todd McFarlain if he called. That's the kind of guy he is.
Baseless accusations are a waste of my time and this forum. By repeating short jokes, critiquing his wardrobe and asking me for a list of what he's done instead of rebutting what I say he's done shows to me you are clueless, pointless, and just plain ignorant to this topic.
Go back the Bluejays, stick to Cajun Prep forums. At least you have a little knowledge of that subject.
Shelly

Eunice, LA

#20 Aug 25, 2014
If my house burnt down and I had to buy every single thing that I ever owned again, you had better believe I wouldn't buy everything in Eunice and would shop around for the best price. You cannot sit here and tell me every single thing in your house was purchased in Eunice. So just shutup. You are making a ridiculous point. Should he support local Eunice businesses? Sure. Should he have purchase every since item that he had to replace from Eunice? Of course not. You know as well as I do that he can't get everything in Eunice, and also that some things in Eunice are ridiculously overpriced. Show me a receipt stating that everything that you own was purchased in Eunice and I'll shutup. Better yet, show me proof that everything Junior has bought was purchased in Eunice. Considering we all know that isn't true, it's time you shutup and get back to using your binoculars on Clanton Street and playing inspector gadget.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Branch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Restaurant worker arrested for spitting in food 3 hr Null 2
Thoughts on the Iota Police Department? (Jan '11) 4 hr Boone 39
notre dame of acadia parish acquires top linema... (Feb '16) 8 hr Wity 107
Raffle for rusty carrier (Jun '16) 10 hr Debi1988 23
Cat fishing Sun Clint 2
New ULL Athletic Director snubs Iota Sun Red head 5
Anyone know kerry miller Sun Eunice Residence 17

Branch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Branch Mortgages