New Eyewitnesses in West Memphis 3 Case

Oct 13, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MSNBC

There's a development in the so-called West Memphis Three case. The defense team representing Damien Echols, who is on Arkansas death row for his conviction in the case, reports that there are new witnesses who have not been questioned in the 1993 investigation.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Good Morning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2009

I can't believe that someone has not commented on this yet. The police never went door to door on McAuley street. Finally one of the neighbors said that they saw the boys with Terry Hobbs knowing that they will be picked on by everyone. If the police, or the defense team ask the people that lived on McAuley that day,I know for a fact more people will admit to what they saw. Those 3 little ones were at the Hobbs house about 6:30. Neighbors were afraid of Hobbs, plus no one wanted to say anything because the police and everyone else jumped the gun and the neighbors did not want people to blame them for coming forward. Like now, people are saying that the women are crazy for telling the truth. Ask anyone on McAuley,the kids were on that street at 6:30. I do hope the other neighbors finally come forward too. It's about time.
LOL

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2009

Good Morning wrote:
I can't believe that someone has not commented on this yet. The police never went door to door on McAuley street. Finally one of the neighbors said that they saw the boys with Terry Hobbs knowing that they will be picked on by everyone. If the police, or the defense team ask the people that lived on McAuley that day,I know for a fact more people will admit to what they saw. Those 3 little ones were at the Hobbs house about 6:30. Neighbors were afraid of Hobbs, plus no one wanted to say anything because the police and everyone else jumped the gun and the neighbors did not want people to blame them for coming forward. Like now, people are saying that the women are crazy for telling the truth. Ask anyone on McAuley,the kids were on that street at 6:30. I do hope the other neighbors finally come forward too. It's about time.
The quote from Deborah Moyer:
"Of course, had I known that I or my daughters had any information that was important to the investigation of the murders I would have gone to the police"

So...seeing the boys together in the yard and then seeing them with Terry Hobbs shortly before their death was not pertinent? My opinion is that these three are all liars. There are millions in the coffers of the WM3 defense fund. Did these girls suddenly just remember something like this or did someone standard of living just get much better?
Skeptical

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
The quote from Deborah Moyer:
"Of course, had I known that I or my daughters had any information that was important to the investigation of the murders I would have gone to the police"
So...seeing the boys together in the yard and then seeing them with Terry Hobbs shortly before their death was not pertinent? My opinion is that these three are all liars. There are millions in the coffers of the WM3 defense fund. Did these girls suddenly just remember something like this or did someone standard of living just get much better?
I do not believe them for obvious reasons. Why would the mother wait all these years to report what she says she saw? Also,it is highly unlikely that her kids would remember the exact times. The three little boys were seen by several eyewitnesses entering the woods. Nobody has ever said that they saw them returning alive from those woods.
freedom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

Think about this. Terry Hobbs was the ONLY parent who's house was not checked nor was he initially questioned like the others. If you can't see the forest thru the trees then I don't know what more to say.
Skeptical

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

freedom wrote:
Think about this. Terry Hobbs was the ONLY parent who's house was not checked nor was he initially questioned like the others. If you can't see the forest thru the trees then I don't know what more to say.
Yes, we need to look at the whole picture (forrest) and not just at some of the trees but all of the trees. Both stepfathers should have been thoroughly checked out. The friend of Hobbs should also have been checked out more thoroughly. Evidence should not have been "lost". No stone should have been left unturned. Sadly, that was not the case. Do I believe the convicted were guilty of the crime? Maybe. Do I think that others were involved? Yes. Do I think the accused should have another trial before a different judge? Definitely.
freedom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Judged:

Skeptical wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we need to look at the whole picture (forrest) and not just at some of the trees but all of the trees. Both stepfathers should have been thoroughly checked out. The friend of Hobbs should also have been checked out more thoroughly. Evidence should not have been "lost". No stone should have been left unturned. Sadly, that was not the case. Do I believe the convicted were guilty of the crime? Maybe. Do I think that others were involved? Yes. Do I think the accused should have another trial before a different judge? Definitely.
One of the best comments yet. I believe you are right. Jacoby should have been looked at more closely. And as long as Burnette is still overseeing this (although he's retired now, hmmmm...) They will not see justice.
piggott pete

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the best comments yet. I believe you are right. Jacoby should have been looked at more closely. And as long as Burnette is still overseeing this (although he's retired now, hmmmm...) They will not see justice.
Hey Barry Davis somebody's looking for you.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

I think it was the one victims step dad that did it and he had his teeth pulled out so they would not be able to match them to the teeth marks on the children. I am not saying that Damien and his buddies are not devil worshipers but you cant execute someone because thay worship satan. I think this case needs to be looked into again and reopened and if Damien and his buddies did commit this crime,I say they should be punished for it.
sorry4everyone

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Judged:

The only reason these boys were convicted was because they were different... they wore black and listened to different music.... Damien did not worship satan he worshiped wikka wich was mistaken or presented at the trial as devil worshipping... If these boys did do the crime they should do the time, but they must to proven guilty with evidence and that was not the case. And as for jessies confession please everyone go read it, its bull****.. I just feel sorry for everyone that was and still is involved in this case. not only did 3 children lose there lives so did 3 yound teenagers =(

West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

sorry4everyone wrote:
The only reason these boys were convicted was because they were different... they wore black and listened to different music.... Damien did not worship satan he worshiped wikka wich was mistaken or presented at the trial as devil worshipping... If these boys did do the crime they should do the time, but they must to proven guilty with evidence and that was not the case. And as for jessies confession please everyone go read it, its bull****.. I just feel sorry for everyone that was and still is involved in this case. not only did 3 children lose there lives so did 3 yound teenagers =(
FYI - WICCA....and "which" not wich......They are guilty. Let it drop. Let the three little boys rest in peace.
Mtiw

Ridgeland, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

sorry4everyone wrote:
The only reason these boys were convicted was because they were different... they wore black and listened to different music....
Did you reach this brilliant conclusion all by your little self? I don't blame you for being stupid, but you might want to just remain quiet if this is the best you can come up with.
comment

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

Judged:

sorry4everyone wrote:
There is alot more to it than your comment. But I agree with you.
How about the fact that there was absolutely NO EVIDENCE that linked the three to the crime or the crime scene. None. People their is ALOT of info out there on this case, and more keeps coming up. Do your research. All of you dumbazz rednecks who talk about them being 'satan worshippers' are idiots! How do you reach this conclusion? Did any of the three tell you they worshipped satan? This was all started by Damien's prob. off. Jerry Driver who according to the West Memphis Police Dept. was an 'expert on the occult.' Damien studied WICCA which is not satanism. It is more of a sect that deals with worship of the earth, although they believe in two Gods,one male and one female.
butch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

comment wrote:
<quoted text>
There is alot more to it than your comment. But I agree with you.
How about the fact that there was absolutely NO EVIDENCE that linked the three to the crime or the crime scene. None. People their is ALOT of info out there on this case, and more keeps coming up. Do your research. All of you dumbazz rednecks who talk about them being 'satan worshippers' are idiots! How do you reach this conclusion? Did any of the three tell you they worshipped satan? This was all started by Damien's prob. off. Jerry Driver who according to the West Memphis Police Dept. was an 'expert on the occult.' Damien studied WICCA which is not satanism. It is more of a sect that deals with worship of the earth, although they believe in two Gods,one male and one female.
You're full of crap frredom!
freedom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

Judged:

butch wrote:
<quoted text>You're full of crap frredom!
Oh, is that right? Prove me wrong. How am I full of crap?
freedom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

Judged:

butch wrote:
<quoted text>You're full of crap frredom!
by the way learn how to spell correctly.
Belluslitas

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2009

freedom wrote:
Hi Free! I haven't been on Topix in months. I never get to visit here anymore and don't hear from you now that the yuku board is gone. Hope you're doing well. I'll have to try to check back here soon; hope you get this message.
freedom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

Judged:

Belluslitas wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Free! I haven't been on Topix in months. I never get to visit here anymore and don't hear from you now that the yuku board is gone. Hope you're doing well. I'll have to try to check back here soon; hope you get this message.
Hey hon! How are you? I haven't been on either. Stopped in for the first time in months a couple of weeks ago and same ol same ol. Hope all is well with you and yours. Love Free
from Booneville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

What do you people have to do with Booneville, Arkansas?
freedom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2009

Judged:

Nothing at all. This is West Memphis bro.
IPSME

Knoxville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

but this topic is on the booneville, ar topix page. so this is a valid question, why is this being discussed in the wrong forum?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Branch Discussions

Search the Branch Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Thirsty 917
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 12 hr Always 27,916
Does anyone Know any Corey's around Paris ?? Tue oldcottonpicker 1
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) Tue jill birdsall 1,744
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) Tue Guest 9,717
Hobofest Apr 19 Urban outdoorsmen 1
Where is a good Buddhist temple to go to in For... (Jun '09) Apr 18 Really Happy in Arkansas 19
•••
•••
•••
Branch Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Branch Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Branch People Search