Brainerd man drowns in Gull Lake

Full story: TwinCities.com

A 20-year-old Brainerd man drowned today after swimming with a group of people in Gull Lake in central Minnesota.
Comments
21 - 28 of 28 Comments Last updated Sep 18, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Slave of Jesus Christ

Baxter, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Jesus Christ suffered and died for us; in is name, my God have mercy on us!+---
Slave of Jesus Christ

Baxter, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

Jesus Christ suffered and died for us; in his name, my God have mercy on us!+---
The Girl Who Cares

Sartell, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

You don't have to argue and be immature by only thinking about what county is Gull Lake in Nate Awalt is the real story here. I knew him and I know his brother Nick no one knows what kind of affect that had on Nick, the rest of his family and the whole town of Brainerd and Baxter. That was "the day the music died". Nate was a great person he was so funny and he was was a people pleaser.. It seems so unreal that a tragedy like this would happen to such an awesome person. best of wishes to his family. Nate you are so greatly loved by your family and friends we all miss you!
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

I just want you all to know that Nate was my best friend and he was the big brother I never had! Nate was the most loving and caring person I ever met!! It actually does matter which county it was in only bc the dive teams (which of neither were on the lake) argued for a while about who would take it! For those of you that were there.. I hope you weren't the ones who stayed and partied! That was by far the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my life!! To watch your best friend die with his 7 yr old brother at tour side, right before your eyes.. when you believed he was damn near invincible.. to race to hospital hoping there's a chance, only to find out there never was, to go to his moms house not thinking you could feel any worse until you see her..... don't talk shit until you've been there!!
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

The Girl Who Cares wrote:
You don't have to argue and be immature by only thinking about what county is Gull Lake in Nate Awalt is the real story here. I knew him and I know his brother Nick no one knows what kind of affect that had on Nick, the rest of his family and the whole town of Brainerd and Baxter. That was "the day the music died". Nate was a great person he was so funny and he was was a people pleaser.. It seems so unreal that a tragedy like this would happen to such an awesome person. best of wishes to his family. Nate you are so greatly loved by your family and friends we all miss you!
Thank you!!!
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

a witness wrote:
I was out there yesterday and i seen the divers pull the body up and it was one of the worst things i seen for all you who are making jokes about it you have something wrong with your brains honestly
It was awefull! I'm sorry you had to go through that too..
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

dime11 wrote:
I was there too, I have a condo 4 doors down from Ernies, I thought the sadest thing i saw was NO ONE really gave a shit and went on partying...
And about 1/2 of those people showed up at his funeral claiming to be his best friend
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Was there wrote:
i was there also and that was one thing i never thought i would see in my life. No one wants to see a body being pulled up from the water. people got out of the way and let the divers do what was needed. granted alot of people stayed out there and partied there was alot of good people who left and it affects everyone different. i didnt know him personally but i am good friends with alot of people that knew him and he was a great friend and a funny guy he will be greatly missed. I have been reading comments all day and its pathetic on how rude people can be on these things. friends and family might read this stuff have some common sense please. today was his birthday
Thank you for the kind words appreciated!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brainerd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Go Blue Forever 848
Minnesota veteran treats service dog incident a... Jul '14 Navy Guy 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Brainerd, MN (Jan '12) Jul '14 sherry 15
looking for alicia moe Jun '14 looking for alici... 1
Judge approves forfeiture of car, despite not g... May '14 David Shipp 1
Little Falls: Fund established for families of ... (Dec '12) Apr '14 UNKNOWN NAME 4
looking for biological father... Mar '14 amy 1

Search the Brainerd Forum:
•••
•••
Brainerd Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brainerd Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••