Brainerd man drowns in Gull Lake

A 20-year-old Brainerd man drowned today after swimming with a group of people in Gull Lake in central Minnesota. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
COPDd

Walker, MN

#2 Jul 5, 2008
Walker is an hour away from Gull Lake, which is in Crow Wing, not Cass County! It's not surprising that Cass Co. didn't release the man's identity......neither did Ramsey, Hennepin, Blue Earth, etc. How did TwinCities.com get their Minnesota geography so messed up? ce.
ovie

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jul 5, 2008
Georgetta Jones strikes again! Thanks comment nanny! I'm glad you are there in every forum, ready to chastise!

Lake Park must be suuuuper boring!
Gull Lake Resident

Little Falls, MN

#5 Jul 5, 2008
I have a home on Gull Lake and our property is in Cass County, as is a portion of Gull Lake.
a witness

Forest Lake, MN

#7 Jul 5, 2008
I was out there yesterday and i seen the divers pull the body up and it was one of the worst things i seen for all you who are making jokes about it you have something wrong with your brains honestly
Don STP

Duluth, MN

#8 Jul 5, 2008
a witness wrote:
I was out there yesterday and i seen the divers pull the body up and it was one of the worst things i seen for all you who are making jokes about it you have something wrong with your brains honestly
Witness: You need to learn English, honestly. Periods are your friend.
Don STP

Duluth, MN

#9 Jul 5, 2008
ovie wrote:
Georgetta Jones strikes again! Thanks comment nanny! I'm glad you are there in every forum, ready to chastise!
Lake Park must be suuuuper boring!
Actually, Lake Park is kind of fun. I go up for occasional weekends at Lake Cormorant.
Heywood Ja

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jul 6, 2008
COPDd wrote:
Walker is an hour away from Gull Lake, which is in Crow Wing, not Cass County! It's not surprising that Cass Co. didn't release the man's identity......neither did Ramsey, Hennepin, Blue Earth, etc. How did TwinCities.com get their Minnesota geography so messed up? ce.
Maybe you need to get out a map and take a look at where the borders are on the lake Jethro. Must of miss that day in geography huh?

“Ready for a slap in the face??”

Since: Nov 07

Winnipeg,Man

#12 Jul 6, 2008
I was there too, I have a condo 4 doors down from Ernies, I thought the sadest thing i saw was NO ONE really gave a shit and went on partying...
Ad Noctum

United States

#13 Jul 6, 2008
dime11 wrote:
I was there too, I have a condo 4 doors down from Ernies, I thought the sadest thing i saw was NO ONE really gave a shit and went on partying...
sad enough, that's the way most people that party on Squaw Point on the 4th are.... most don't give a crap about anyone else, or anything else- except getting wasted and imposing upon everyone else's good time.
Heywood Ja

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jul 6, 2008
Ad Noctum wrote:
<quoted text>
sad enough, that's the way most people that party on Squaw Point on the 4th are.... most don't give a crap about anyone else, or anything else- except getting wasted and imposing upon everyone else's good time.
Sounds a lot like the people that hang around and party by Big Island on lake Minnetonka. A guy died there a couple of years ago over the 4th of July holiday, and no one want to move to let rescue in to help him. "They didn't want to lose their spots." POS!
Was there

Verona, WI

#15 Jul 6, 2008
i was there also and that was one thing i never thought i would see in my life. No one wants to see a body being pulled up from the water. people got out of the way and let the divers do what was needed. granted alot of people stayed out there and partied there was alot of good people who left and it affects everyone different. i didnt know him personally but i am good friends with alot of people that knew him and he was a great friend and a funny guy he will be greatly missed. I have been reading comments all day and its pathetic on how rude people can be on these things. friends and family might read this stuff have some common sense please. today was his birthday
was there too

United States

#16 Jul 7, 2008
Ad Noctum wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really sad, Squaw Point used to be a place to bring the kids and have a fun afternoon. So much has changed in the last 5 years. It is no longer a place to bring kids for fear of cutting yourself on glass beer bottles that have been thrown into the lake. Not to mention what you will see and hear when you are there.

I am truly surprised this has not happened sooner. The whole thing makes me sick that such a young life was lost and was totaly preventable. My heart goes out to his family.
ahem

Clinton, WI

#17 Jul 7, 2008
COPDd wrote:
Minnesota has SEVEN Gull Lakes
annanynous

Fargo, ND

#18 Jul 8, 2008
Nate Awalt gew up on the lake...him drowning makes no sense
annanynous

Fargo, ND

#19 Jul 8, 2008
I really hope that places like where nate drowned has maybe some type of patroling going on from now on!! The crow wing county police officers are to worried about pulling people over and hiding to catch someone with a license plate light out that things like this get overlooked! It is so sad to see what our community has come to! That place has been a party spot for years! There should have been a police officer out there in the first place and now a young life is gone! R.I.P nate you will be missed by SO many people! We love you
teddyboy

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jul 8, 2008
COPDd wrote:
Most of Gull Lake is in Cass County. Need a map?
are you kidding

United States

#21 Jul 8, 2008
Who really gives a crap what county Gull lake is in, I mean really...
This is a great example of our society, people aquaking about things don't matter and the real story is that a young man died, did you even get that part of the story?
Take it somewhere else people. How stupid...
teddyboy

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Jul 8, 2008
are you kidding wrote:
Who really gives a crap what county Gull lake is in, I mean really...
This is a great example of our society, people aquaking about things don't matter and the real story is that a young man died, did you even get that part of the story?
Take it somewhere else people. How stupid...
It looks to me that several posters are interested in saying what in which county Gull Lake lies, including me.
That someplace else you refer to is where YOU should go to to expresss your sympathy. It's the guest pages at the funeral home website. This site is where anyone who has a comment they want to make can make. They call this a public commentary forum.
How stupid are you?
jrw

Bellevue, NE

#23 Jul 9, 2008
wow
are you kidding

United States

#24 Jul 9, 2008
teddyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks to me that several posters are interested in saying what in which county Gull Lake lies, including me.
That someplace else you refer to is where YOU should go to to expresss your sympathy. It's the guest pages at the funeral home website. This site is where anyone who has a comment they want to make can make. They call this a public commentary forum.
How stupid are you?
Sorry, guess i am not as smart as you, maybe just a little more compassionate. To the guestbook I go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brainerd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
Minnesota veteran treats service dog incident a... Jul '14 Navy Guy 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Brainerd, MN (Jan '12) Jul '14 sherry 15
looking for alicia moe Jun '14 looking for alici... 1
Judge approves forfeiture of car, despite not g... May '14 David Shipp 1
Little Falls: Fund established for families of ... (Dec '12) Apr '14 UNKNOWN NAME 4
looking for biological father... (Mar '14) Mar '14 amy 1
•••
•••
•••

Brainerd Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brainerd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brainerd News, Events & Info