Underage drinking on Brainerd lakes targeted

Conservation officers will be cracking down on underage drinking this winter on Brainerd area lakes. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
g-del

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 24, 2010
they cant drink-- but they can fight the OBAMA WAR--
Really

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Dec 24, 2010
Really? This is that big an issue? Ice house drunken teen drinking? Really?

The logical question: Is there anything for teens to do in Brainerd? Maybe spend some money for something for them to do, rather than using it to jail/fine them for drinking because there is nothing to do?

Teen drinking is dangerous, but its feeling like back door prohibition in MN lately.
sean

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 24, 2010
Fight some real crime people. What a joke!!!!
Butch Whitetrash

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Dec 24, 2010
g-del wrote:
they cant drink-- but they can fight the OBAMA WAR--
Ya'll forget to see he collud.
Butch

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Dec 24, 2010
Millions of illegal immigrants in this country and we're choosing to focus limited law enforcement resources on teens having a drink or two.
taxpayer

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Dec 24, 2010
Excellent use of funds by the Minnesota Institute of Public Health. You wonder why we are in debt.
Really

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Dec 24, 2010
Butch wrote:
Millions of illegal immigrants in this country and we're choosing to focus limited law enforcement resources on teens having a drink or two.
I'm sure there aren't ANY hungry or homeless that could be fed with this money too.
More overtime for the law enforcement community while everyone else is cutting back. Figures. The fines won't even cover the wages for this "event." More entitlement.
Sarah Quitter Palin

Poland

#8 Dec 24, 2010
White gangs at work, let them off and go after the real enemy.
Squeaky Palin

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Dec 24, 2010
Hell, we could just shoot those drunken punks from a helicopter and put it on "squeaky palin's alaska".
Walt Kowalski

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Dec 24, 2010
Really wrote:
Really? This is that big an issue? Ice house drunken teen drinking? Really?
The logical question: Is there anything for teens to do in Brainerd? Maybe spend some money for something for them to do, rather than using it to jail/fine them for drinking because there is nothing to do?
Teen drinking is dangerous, but its feeling like back door prohibition in MN lately.
There is plenty for teens to do in Brainerd. These kids could get involved with extra-curricular activities in their schools. When I was a teen I didn't have time to go out drinking.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Dec 24, 2010
where is Margie Gunderson? yeah sure ubetcha shes doing her job
uh huh

West Concord, MN

#13 Dec 24, 2010
looks like we need a politically correct "social host ordinance" to battle this scourge that aims to destroy the very fiber of this great nation.
kpcollin

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Dec 24, 2010
Isn't there something better to spend the money on in this day and age.
yabbut

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Dec 24, 2010
Walt Kowalski wrote:
<quoted text>
There is plenty for teens to do in Brainerd. These kids could get involved with extra-curricular activities in their schools. When I was a teen I didn't have time to go out drinking.
There were jobs for teens back in the day. Now, they compete with mom and dad for the Walmart jobs.

If there is plenty for them to do, why are they out drinking in an ice house?
Conservation Officers

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Dec 24, 2010
Conservation officers looking for under age drinkers? When did that task enter their job description?
Lars Lincowski

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Dec 24, 2010
Isn't this a coming of age event in every Minnesotan's life, there?
Janet Incompetano

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Dec 24, 2010
Conservation Officers wrote:
Conservation officers looking for under age drinkers? When did that task enter their job description?
Right after DHS got global warming jurisdiction!
Sven

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Dec 24, 2010
Gull Lake will MAKE you drink.
thomas

Bend, OR

#22 Dec 24, 2010
Walt Kowalski- Yeah, well i'm sure you were a loser in high school.
Walt Kowalski

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Dec 24, 2010
thomas wrote:
Walt Kowalski- Yeah, well i'm sure you were a loser in high school.
Nah, I was a stud in high school, all-conference, national honor society, weekend job, girlfriend... As I said, I didn't have time to sit in a shack on a lake and drink beer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brainerd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
Minnesota veteran treats service dog incident a... Jul '14 Navy Guy 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Brainerd, MN (Jan '12) Jul '14 sherry 15
looking for alicia moe Jun '14 looking for alici... 1
Judge approves forfeiture of car, despite not g... May '14 David Shipp 1
Little Falls: Fund established for families of ... (Dec '12) Apr '14 UNKNOWN NAME 4
looking for biological father... (Mar '14) Mar '14 amy 1
•••
•••
•••

Brainerd Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brainerd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brainerd News, Events & Info