Brainerd / Crow Wing County Fair won't sell beer

Full story: TwinCities.com

Visitors to this year's Crow Wing County Fair will have to go elsewhere to get a beer.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Feb 21, 2011
TobaccoPatrol

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

After they took the vote, they stepped outside to light up a smoke and celebrate. No beer, should also mean NO SMOKING if you are REALLY going to call it a "family event".
Archie from Coon Rapids

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

I agree, if you lose the beer, lose the smokes. You can probably hold the entire fair in a community hall since attendance will be next to nothing.
Ayako

Alexandria, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

I'm glad beer was banned. Beer isn't everything. We don't need drunks running around the fair who may be unstable and have mean personalities when drunk. People like that tend to hurt other people and do bad things. And, there ARE people who drink too much and act like that. FAMILY events do not need to have alcohol served at them. If not getting to drink keeps a person away from the fair then they didn't belong at the fair in the FIRST place!

If anyone is mad that they can't have a beer at the fair, then they are foolish. A smart person knows that beer is not necessary in order to have fun.

This is a FAMILY event. Drinking is NOT NEEDED!

I do agree with banning smoking as well though. Kids don't need to be around all that foul smoke and others are allergic to it. Besides, it just stinks up the place. It is rude to smoke around others anyway. At the very least, they should have an area for the smokers who want to smoke that is separate from the fair itself. That way, fair goers can have a smoke-free day while the smokers can smoke away from the public who want to enjoy the fair without being stuck next to a person smoking a smelly cigarette. You want to smoke, do it in the designated area before going around the fair. That would be proper.

Anyway, I think people will show up. Most people know that beer isn't a requirement for having fun.
FilmAtTen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Ayako wrote:
I'm glad beer was banned. Beer isn't everything. We don't need drunks running around the fair who may be unstable and have mean personalities when drunk. People like that tend to hurt other people and do bad things. And, there ARE people who drink too much and act like that. FAMILY events do not need to have alcohol served at them. If not getting to drink keeps a person away from the fair then they didn't belong at the fair in the FIRST place!
If anyone is mad that they can't have a beer at the fair, then they are foolish. A smart person knows that beer is not necessary in order to have fun.
This is a FAMILY event. Drinking is NOT NEEDED!
I do agree with banning smoking as well though. Kids don't need to be around all that foul smoke and others are allergic to it. Besides, it just stinks up the place. It is rude to smoke around others anyway. At the very least, they should have an area for the smokers who want to smoke that is separate from the fair itself. That way, fair goers can have a smoke-free day while the smokers can smoke away from the public who want to enjoy the fair without being stuck next to a person smoking a smelly cigarette. You want to smoke, do it in the designated area before going around the fair. That would be proper.
Anyway, I think people will show up. Most people know that beer isn't a requirement for having fun.
And next they should ban soda pop, and fatty foods. The smoking I can see alright, but those pop addicts, and sloppy fair food freaks are really bad!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brainerd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Go Blue Forever 848
Minnesota veteran treats service dog incident a... Jul '14 Navy Guy 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Brainerd, MN (Jan '12) Jul '14 sherry 15
looking for alicia moe Jun '14 looking for alici... 1
Judge approves forfeiture of car, despite not g... May '14 David Shipp 1
Little Falls: Fund established for families of ... (Dec '12) Apr '14 UNKNOWN NAME 4
looking for biological father... Mar '14 amy 1

Search the Brainerd Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Brainerd Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Brainerd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••