New legislators say same-sex marriage...

New legislators say same-sex marriage amendment could go to voters

There are 52 comments on the St. Cloud Times story from Nov 28, 2010, titled New legislators say same-sex marriage amendment could go to voters. In it, St. Cloud Times reports that:

Minnesota voters should be able to amend their state constitution in 2012 to ban same-sex marriage, three local legislators-elect say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Cloud Times.

Since: Oct 08

York, PA

#21 Nov 30, 2010
Vikings Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How is Obama Health Care working? Big suprise? My health insurance premiums are going up 18% again 1/1/2011. The Obama/Pelosi/Reid Care Bill did nothing to help current employee health care plans hold down costs, did not address Trial Lawyer TORT reform, does not allow competition to allow companies/corporations to purchase health care plans across state lines, illegal aliens are covered by Obama Care, and Obama has allowed 118 fortune 500 Corporate waivers of his health care plan. Yes, it's working real good. The only thing Obama's health care bill has done is put the taxpayers on the hook for 40 million un-insured.
Funny cause mine went from $196 a month to $138.
I don't want tort reform that just means crappy doctors can get insurance and I can't collect when they screw up my body nor do I want to buy insurance across state lines because each state is regulated independently and if those insurers wanted to offer insurance in my state they are more than welcome but they don't want to because they want to operate in states where there are the least amount of regulations or the least amount of requirements to insure you for. But good luck with that - you get what you pay for.
Bawney Fwank

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Nov 30, 2010
George Orwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, I vote to take away your rights !:-)
"un-moral" ? Wow...guess you fell asleep in English class.
Jesus said, "judge not, lest ye be judged"; also, "Let he who is without soin, cast the first stone"...
Guess you fell asleep in Sunday school as well.
I'm casting. So judge me, poofer.
do not talk costs

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Nov 30, 2010
Absurdity wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny cause mine went from $196 a month to $138.
I don't want tort reform that just means crappy doctors can get insurance and I can't collect when they screw up my body nor do I want to buy insurance across state lines because each state is regulated independently and if those insurers wanted to offer insurance in my state they are more than welcome but they don't want to because they want to operate in states where there are the least amount of regulations or the least amount of requirements to insure you for. But good luck with that - you get what you pay for.
The new message:'Improve' health care, don't talk cost

Key White House allies are dramatically shifting their attempts to defend health care legislation, abandoning claims that it will reduce costs and deficit, and instead stressing a promise to "improve it." The messaging shift was circulated this afternoon on a conference call and PowerPoint presentation organized by FamiliesUSA -- one of the central groups in the push for the initial legislation. The call was led by a staffer for the Herndon Alliance, which includes leading labor groups and other health care allies. It was based on polling from three top Democratic pollsters, John Anzalone, Celinda Lake, and Stan Greenberg.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0810/T...

I can't wait for the rationing they also claimed won't happen.

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke...

What could possibly go wrong?
guy

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Nov 30, 2010
Ivan wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH! That would be the point! We don't have the same rights...we are NOT allowed to marry!
You can marry if you want. To marry is to form a legal union with someone of the opposite sex. Just because your abnormal behavior isn't recognized as a marriage doesn't mean your rights are being violated. It isn't a marriage.

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#25 Nov 30, 2010
Common Sense wrote:
Please, stay in the closet. We do NOT want you societal deviants to destroy our culture. So, let me leave you with the following:
Normal is a man and a woman.
Abnormal is a man and a man or a woman and a woman.
I for one pray my children will know what is normal from abnormal.
Gays are the culture. you have none, just bigoted BS, lies and hate.

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#26 Nov 30, 2010
guy wrote:
<quoted text>You can marry if you want. To marry is to form a legal union with someone of the opposite sex. Just because your abnormal behavior isn't recognized as a marriage doesn't mean your rights are being violated. It isn't a marriage.
Sexuality is a drive not a behavior. You are a person would try to force someone to drive a Ford when they prefer Chevys, just because you prefer Fords.

Since: Nov 10

Gervais, OR

#27 Dec 1, 2010
mixed wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexuality is a drive not a behavior. You are a person would try to force someone to drive a Ford when they prefer Chevys, just because you prefer Fords.
Just curious, why do you want to get married? It's just a piece of paper from a JOP isn't it? What additional benefit do you receive? Why is it so important?
janet

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Dec 1, 2010
Sick, sick sick and perverted and Stop Teaching our Young Kids IN School this garbage.....You want to be immoral,fine, just keep away from our kids!!!
feddup

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Dec 1, 2010
Vikings Fan wrote:
Civil rights should always be put up to a vote. Some citizens, such as an extreme, un-moral, vocal minority should be prohibited constitutionally from having the same rights and responsibilities as others. This is the American way, and to think that voters should not decide these issues, you are immoral and sickly opportunistic.
oh sure aren't you smart! you and your mega-church zombie pals. Guess I'll just take my $65,000 wedding budget somewhere else, prefferably to a state where the jesuznazi's aren't temporarily in charge.
rmolblazir

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Dec 1, 2010
According the a gallup poll on "Family Values", the American Public for the most part has given up on marriage. They are very accepting of gays and single parents outside of marriage. Why then, do these supposedly same people care about gay marriage ruining their heterosexual marriage ?

“OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!”

Since: Oct 10

Minneapolis

#33 Dec 1, 2010
Vikings Fan wrote:
Civil rights should always be put up to a vote. Some citizens, such as an extreme, un-moral, vocal minority should be prohibited constitutionally from having the same rights and responsibilities as others. This is the American way, and to think that voters should not decide these issues, you are immoral and sickly opportunistic.
Clueless troll.
Move to North Korea if you feel this way.
The constitution is there to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.
Somebody wasn't paying attention in 3rd grade.

Minneapolis

#34 Dec 1, 2010
janet wrote:
Sick, sick sick and perverted and Stop Teaching our Young Kids IN School this garbage.....You want to be immoral,fine, just keep away from our kids!!!
Kind of like teaching your kids premarital sex and divorce is fine and dandy?
It IS ok to be gay, that's the only message we have for the kids and it's badly needed considering they're bombarded by nothing but hate from your cults.
Vikings Fan

Rochester, MN

#35 Dec 1, 2010
feddup wrote:
<quoted text>
oh sure aren't you smart! you and your mega-church zombie pals. Guess I'll just take my $65,000 wedding budget somewhere else, prefferably to a state where the jesuznazi's aren't temporarily in charge.
First of all, I don't think your salary as a Walmart clerk allows you to budget $65,000 for a wedding. Matter of fact why would an athiest like you get married in the first place? Kind of a contradiction in terms there mega-smegma-athiest! Do your boyfriend's know you frequent the internet?

Minneapolis

#36 Dec 1, 2010
to the Sinners wrote:
“I want to give the people of Minnesota the opportunity to protect the definition of marriage from activist judges,” Gazelka said.
Right on. We need more normal people in positions of power. The revolution to turn around this immoral society has just begun. There will be more changes in 2012 to oust immoral democrats from power. The silent moral majority is waking up from the years of moral decay. Change we can believe in.
Normal people???
Like you? Dont' make me laugh.
Your pathetic revolution will be short lived.
All the polls of younger people show nothing but acceptance of gays and lesbians.
As you old farts pass away our victory is assured.
And lol.
The reason republicans won so much was because of the economy not gay marriage.
Trust me, if the new conservative super force focuses on social issues and nothing else the voters will toss them just as fast as they did the dems.

Minneapolis

#37 Dec 1, 2010
guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays already have the same rights as averyone else. You just can't marry someone of the same sex.
And the most retarded reason of all the deny gays the right to marry goes to........you.

Minneapolis

#38 Dec 1, 2010
Common Sense wrote:
Please, stay in the closet. We do NOT want you societal deviants to destroy our culture. So, let me leave you with the following:
Normal is a man and a woman.
Abnormal is a man and a man or a woman and a woman.
I for one pray my children will know what is normal from abnormal.
I pray one or more of your childeren is gay.
Maybe then you'll learn that little thing Jesus called love.

Minneapolis

#39 Dec 1, 2010
yuppers79 wrote:
U gotta be freaking kidding me. This country is under God and look what's going on. God does not approve of this, why should we? All of you liberal **** out there need to wake the hell up, gays are freaking disgusting anyways I mean come on think about it. No wonder so many countries hate us, we have dudes marrying dudes and chicks marrying chicks. Sickos
News flash.
God called, even he hates you.
Vikings Fan

Rochester, MN

#40 Dec 1, 2010
Brianmpls wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless troll.
Move to North Korea if you feel this way.
The constitution is there to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.
Somebody wasn't paying attention in 3rd grade.
Brian, brian, brian, are we a little mixed up? Troll? Is that your only argument?
BTW: The constitution is there to protect the majority from the tyranny of the extreme vocal minority. Who just happen to get their way when they scream loud enough. Why don't you research what happened to the three activist judges in Iowa, they were voted out on November 2 based on their extreme opinions regarding Iowa's same sex marriage amendment.
Brian wasn't paying attention in 3rd grade! That is if you made it to third grade! Deal with it pal!

Minneapolis

#41 Dec 1, 2010
Vikings Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian, brian, brian, are we a little mixed up? Troll? Is that your only argument?
BTW: The constitution is there to protect the majority from the tyranny of the extreme vocal minority. Who just happen to get their way when they scream loud enough. Why don't you research what happened to the three activist judges in Iowa, they were voted out on November 2 based on their extreme opinions regarding Iowa's same sex marriage amendment.
Brian wasn't paying attention in 3rd grade! That is if you made it to third grade! Deal with it pal!
Trust me baby, Topix won't let the name calling get that out of control, so I usually go with troll.
As for Iowa?
I love it.
I'll love it that the voters have tossed three judges just like they did with every civil rights judge in the past.
A paltry million can buy you some new judges.
Riddle me this genius.
What if Muslim's are one day the majority?
What if they decide they want judges to reflect only their beliefs and condemn yours?
What will you say then?
"It's not fair"
You did it to us, someone else will do it to you.
Enjoy your victory in IA, it WILL come back to bite you.

Minneapolis

#42 Dec 1, 2010
Vikings Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and your name really says it all doesn't it?
Football fan = mentally challenged.
How's good old Favre working out for you LOL.
#4 plays like #2.
Enjoy your fantasy football while engaging in your other...fantasies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brainerd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Juno winner Francey to perform at Nisswa Jul '16 Beware place like... 1
News Juno winner Francey to perform April 15 in Niss... Jul '16 Beware place like... 1
News Brainerd man drowns in Gull Lake (Jul '08) Jul '16 Ginny 29
News Bodhi Edie Returning To Canadian Superbike Cham... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 4
looking for alicia moe (Jun '14) Dec '15 GPK 3
News August 5, 2015 - (Aug '15) Aug '15 rodney neslson 1
David Folwell and Linda s folwell (Jun '15) Jun '15 Kentucky 1

Brainerd Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brainerd Mortgages