Report: Child dead in Pine River school bus accident

A child is reportedly dead in a school bus accident near the central Minnesota town of Pine River. Full Story
Cindy Stainker

United States

#1 Mar 22, 2010
My condolences to the child's family for such a tragic loss.
Concerned

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Mar 22, 2010
What is wrong with people when they are driving? They are to stay a couple hundred feet from in front and in back of a bus. At least I do. The bus driver should have made sure that the stop sign on the bus was out until the child was across the street. My prayers are out to the parents of this child and to whoever hit and killed that child. Prayers are also for any child that was still on the bus and saw what happened.
gwisahoax

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Mar 22, 2010
Concerned wrote:
What is wrong with people when they are driving? They are to stay a couple hundred feet from in front and in back of a bus. At least I do. The bus driver should have made sure that the stop sign on the bus was out until the child was across the street. My prayers are out to the parents of this child and to whoever hit and killed that child. Prayers are also for any child that was still on the bus and saw what happened.
Were you a witness to this accident? There are zero facts in this story, or are you making stuff up?
BRAD

Verona, WI

#4 Mar 22, 2010
:(
Nit Picker

Rosemount, MN

#5 Mar 22, 2010
Misleading headline. The child was off the bus. A "bus accident" implies the bus hit or was hit by another vehicle or obstacle.
NoSht

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 23, 2010
What ever happened, my condolences to the family. He was probabaly just a little bugger wanting to get home after school....
sad

Pierre, SD

#7 Mar 23, 2010
the child was hit BY the bus
Concerned

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Mar 23, 2010
gwisahoax wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you a witness to this accident? There are zero facts in this story, or are you making stuff up?
DO you have children? I know the laws. I have raised 3 kids that are grown up and always rode the bus. Find a policeman or talk to a school and ask them. I always pay attention to a school bus when they stop. Some kids just run across the street. A person is always supposed to pay attention when they see a bus stopped.And no I did not make stuff up.
Concerned

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Mar 23, 2010
A child of six years old probably was in front of the bus. At that age the child is probably short, and the driver thought he had crossed the street when he hit him.The driver just did not see him. The news always has to write eye catching sentences to make one read the news. Otherwise why read something? It was misleading.
Katelynn

Elk River, MN

#10 Mar 26, 2010
I'm actually from the school. This was just a freak accident, we don't know exactly how it happened. But the bus driver that was driving has been driving for 30 yrs with our school and has never had any accidents tickets, nothing he has a clear record. My uncle works for the bus garage and like i said it was a freak accident..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brainerd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
Minnesota veteran treats service dog incident a... Jul '14 Navy Guy 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Brainerd, MN (Jan '12) Jul '14 sherry 15
looking for alicia moe Jun '14 looking for alici... 1
Judge approves forfeiture of car, despite not g... May '14 David Shipp 1
Little Falls: Fund established for families of ... (Dec '12) Apr '14 UNKNOWN NAME 4
looking for biological father... (Mar '14) Mar '14 amy 1

Brainerd Jobs

Brainerd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brainerd News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brainerd

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]