St. Paul soldier, 23, among dead in F...

St. Paul soldier, 23, among dead in Fort Hood massacre

There are 41 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 6, 2009, titled St. Paul soldier, 23, among dead in Fort Hood massacre. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Pfc. Kham Xiong had been in the Army two years when he received orders to go to Afghanistan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
And Justice For Some

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 6, 2009
??????
Jay Xiong

Chaska, MN

#4 Nov 6, 2009
Condolence and prayers to the family of Kham Xiong. RIP.
Gregory

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Nov 7, 2009
Just a musilm POS wrote:
obuma the most worthless pos in history
Obama wants you to go back to school so you can learn how to spell.
Alicia

Cottage Grove, MN

#6 Nov 7, 2009
My sympathies to the Xiong family. It hurts to lose such a fine young father, husband, and son. I wonder, too, why such a terrible thing happened. Our country needs good citizens like Kham.
Antoine

Cottage Grove, MN

#7 Nov 7, 2009
This article is about a family's grief. Please post such political opinions elsewhere.
linokid

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Nov 7, 2009
Friday wrote:
Terroist Attack..... Lets see how they cover this up saying it was not.
I havent seen enough info to base an opinion on, could be terror related could be a nut that went off his rocker. You are saying it is so, what do you know that brings you tot his well educated decision?
DoveGirl

United States

#12 Nov 7, 2009
Thank you for your service, Kham Xiong. I will pray for your wife & children & the rest of your family.
Jen

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Nov 7, 2009
I'm so very sorry for this family's loss. You should be very proud of your son for serving our country. You are in my prayers.
Akbar

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Nov 7, 2009
This was not a massacre, it was a terrorist attack; let's get it right.
ISRW

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Nov 7, 2009
Requiescat in Pace.

This is a time for reflection and mourning. Political opinions are toxic to that process.
linokid

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Nov 7, 2009
Akbar wrote:
This was not a massacre, it was a terrorist attack; let's get it right.
I dont disagree I just hope the people that determine this have more eveidence then yours, the little bird out your window telling you this is not the greatest of sources. Dont you think its ignorant to jump to conclusions when the facts arent known?
Indeed

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Nov 7, 2009
linokid wrote:
<quoted text>I havent seen enough info to base an opinion on, could be terror related could be a nut that went off his rocker. You are saying it is so, what do you know that brings you tot his well educated decision?
A dictionary definition of 'terrorism', combined with released information logically draws such a conclusion. Do you, from what you've learned, deny that Nidal Hasan terrorized PFC Xiong and the others at Ft Hood? The motivations may still be in question, but the actions are clearly known, even though many, especially the media, and perhaps including yourself, out of ignorance, are in denial.
My condolences to the family and comrades of Kham Xiong.
Facts - linokid

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Nov 7, 2009
Would you ostriches get your head out of the sand! There are facts that have come out! He yelled a religious phrase when he started shooting, that's a FACT! Not really tough to connect the dots on this one, though we shouldn't condemn all muslims on the actions of one idiot. And quit covering your ears when someone is stating FACTS that you just don't want to hear.
BTW

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Nov 7, 2009
The family of Hasan is still adamant that he was 'harrassed.' What do they think happens in the military? You are given a terry cloth robe & pipe & told to do as you wish? It's the military - if they don't harass you then somethings wrong.
Dr Phil

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Nov 7, 2009
Hey linokid, you're welcome to come on my show & we can both shame people that would jump to a conclusion that terrorism might have something to do with this. He didn't yell a religious phrase when he started shooting, he was ordering pizza!
Mark

United States

#25 Nov 7, 2009
Maybe Kham Xiongs picture should be at the end of this page instead of the shooters. Someone at the Pioneer Press should take this picture of the shooter down. Don't put attention onto the criminal. Put it onto the soldier who deserves it.
Mai Kou Xiong

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Nov 7, 2009
I heart goes out to the Xiong family. I have a personal connection with this family as we lived together in Santa Barbara County for many, many years in California. Kham was a former student of mine in elementary school. He was a wonderful student and will be missed by many.
Lee

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Nov 7, 2009
Just a musilm POS wrote:
obuma the most worthless pos in history
Don't blame on obuma for what happen. We can not blame somebody for your cause. We have this kind of shooting every day. We have to many guns and too much freedom.
linokid

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Nov 7, 2009
Indeed wrote:
<quoted text>
A dictionary definition of 'terrorism', combined with released information logically draws such a conclusion. Do you, from what you've learned, deny that Nidal Hasan terrorized PFC Xiong and the others at Ft Hood? The motivations may still be in question, but the actions are clearly known, even though many, especially the media, and perhaps including yourself, out of ignorance, are in denial.
My condolences to the family and comrades of Kham Xiong.
By definition its an act of terror. Is it organized as an attack or is it a guy that went nuts and happened to be muslim. People that post on here tend to leave an impression that they believe it is an attack, which once again by definition it is, but I believe to this point its the act of a nut. I just get amazed how people rush to judgement, hardly any info is out yet but people already will swear it is this or that.
linokid

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Nov 7, 2009
Bob wrote:
When the incident doesn't support Obama's agenda he says "Let's not jump to any conclusions", but, as we saw in the case of Professor Gates where Obama himself admitted "I don't have all the details", he still made the statement "The Cambridge Police acted stupidly".
Does anyone have a reason to think that this buffoon of a "president" doesn't fully sympathizes with the Islamic cause over America and her Judeo-Christian roots? "Let's not jump to any conclusions"?!?!?! HUH?!?!?! Do you mean such as assuming that because he is Muslim that his murderous spree was motivated by his Islamic beliefs??
How horrible a crime this was, but how much more horrible and disgusting that we have a president who is undermining this country everyday!
Give it a break Vote Bush if you dont like Obama, or better yet just come out and say im an old school racist and a republican

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brainerd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Juno winner Francey to perform at Nisswa Jul '16 Beware place like... 1
News Juno winner Francey to perform April 15 in Niss... Jul '16 Beware place like... 1
News Brainerd man drowns in Gull Lake (Jul '08) Jul '16 Ginny 29
News Bodhi Edie Returning To Canadian Superbike Cham... Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 4
looking for alicia moe (Jun '14) Dec '15 GPK 3
News August 5, 2015 - (Aug '15) Aug '15 rodney neslson 1
David Folwell and Linda s folwell (Jun '15) Jun '15 Kentucky 1

Brainerd Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brainerd Mortgages