Barn fire in north-central Minnesota ...

Barn fire in north-central Minnesota kills 40 horses

There are 15 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 22, 2008, titled Barn fire in north-central Minnesota kills 40 horses. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Wadena County sheriff's office is investigating a weekend fire that killed dozens of horses at a horse ranch in north-central Minnesota.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Work

United States

#1 Dec 22, 2008
How sad! Those poor horses!!!
north

Gatzke, MN

#2 Dec 22, 2008
this is been the worst thing that could happen my prayers are with the owner of those great horses
Mel

Willmar, MN

#3 Dec 22, 2008
I'm so sorry for everyone who lost horses. My parents are in the AQHA and I have met a lot of the riders and horse owners that were touched by this horrible tragedy. My prayers and tears go out to you.
Jodi

United States

#4 Dec 22, 2008
My heart goes out to this family they are wonderful caring people that run this barn and to the owners of the horse we are sorry for you lose also. Ron and Judy our prayers are with you, your family and the horse owners

Perham MN
Meagan

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Dec 22, 2008
The owner of the barn I ride at lost four amazing horses in the fire and one of his friends lost 7. My heart goes out to all who lost any more horses, you are in my prayers.
ANY WHERE

Mankato, MN

#6 Dec 22, 2008
HOW SAD!! TO LOOSE YOUR COMPANION,BEST FRIEND, OUR HORSES ARE EVERYTHING. TO LOOSE ONE IS SUCH A TRAGEDY. BUT MY HEART GOES OUT TO EACH AND EVERYONE WHO HAS LOST THEIR HORSE OR HORSES, I COULD NEVER IMAGING LOOSING MULTIPLE HORSES. ALSO THOUGHT AND PRAYERS FOR RJ SALES WHAT THEY ARE GOING THRU THE HURT FOR EVERYONE AND THE LOSE OF A GREAT FAUCILTY. I'LL PRAY FOR YOU AND ALL THE HORSES THAT HAD PASSED.
Wookie

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Dec 22, 2008
Many many prayers go out to the Sundby's and horse owners who lost there best companions. The Penning community is deeply devistated by this tragic loss.
randy schumacher

United States

#8 Dec 22, 2008
unbelievable lost for everyone.my prayers go out to you all.
Jodi Braford

Brainerd, MN

#9 Dec 22, 2008
Ron, Judy & family,
Our thoughts & prayers are with you and everyone who lost their horses. Your facility has often felt like a second home to us, a comfortable place where we all get together & visit with friends at sales, rodeos & shows. We have bought our AQHA & APHA stallions & several of our mares through your sales.
Best wishes & prayers being sent to help you all get through this tragedy.
Wanda Gorgoschlitz

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Dec 24, 2008
I've shown there with the North Country Appaloosa Club & we hold our shows there. They are the nicest people. My heart goes out to all who lost horses & for a wonderful caring couple. Our horses are so special to us & the ones we train to high standards are the closest to our hearts because of the time we share together.
BECJY W Tacoma-WA

Bellevue, WA

#11 Jan 5, 2009
My prayers go out to the horse owners for their extremly tragic loss. I just lost my 3yr.old Paint (APHA) who had a blood line of champion roping & reining horses. & All tack in a barn fire on December 11th, 2008 that took 15 horses. I understand this horrible nightmare all the owners are going thru. This is the worst nightmare no one should ever have to live thru. May all the prayers and support hopefully somehow comfort you all as well as the wonderful memories that you all hold dear to your heart of each of your horses- They are truely a part of our soul, I hope that you are all blessed with a memorial for your horses. All of the horses lost at the barn where I boarded the community held a memorial for all our 15 horses. This does help with the greiving process. My condolences.
Eve St Paul MN

Plymouth, MN

#12 Jan 7, 2009
I have a wonderful little Icelandic who has me heart and soul. To lose her would break my heart in ways I don't want to think about.
To most who have an equine parner they are more than a champion at an event, they are a friend, counslor, & child. My prayers are with all effected by this tradigy. I hope your wounds heal. I also hope to hear of a memorial to those friends lost.
Steph

Portland, OR

#13 May 2, 2009
The man who owns the barn where I ride losy four horses in that fire. I was very close to one named Wally. I miss him every day. It is still a sore subject to talk about at the barn and I can't say his name without my voice breaking.
Steph

Portland, OR

#14 May 2, 2009
The man who owns the barn where I ride lost four horses in that fire. I was very close to one named Wally. I miss him every day. It is still a sore subject to talk about at the barn and I can't say his name without my voice breaking. Sorry. I spelled a few things wrong and had to repost.
Salvage

Eau Claire, WI

#15 May 3, 2009
Were any of the horse carcasses salvaged to be made into dog food?? That, besides field work, is probably the best use for most horses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brainerd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Autopsy Disputing Police Account Of Calif. Shoo... Apr '18 Pardon Pard 1
News Worker shortage grows as number of internationa... (Jun '17) Jun '17 spytheweb 2
Local Politics Do you approve of John Ward as ? (May '17) May '17 km loney 1
News Nisswa students pack meals for Kids Against Hun... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Addison Lullo 25 1
News Brainerd man drowns in Gull Lake (Jul '08) Jul '16 Ginny 29
News Bodhi Edie Returning To Canadian Superbike Cham... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 4
looking for alicia moe (Jun '14) Dec '15 GPK 3

Brainerd Jobs

Personal Finance

Brainerd Mortgages