Report: Minnesota state senator dined with gay adult film star

A two-term Minnesota state senator facing a Republican primary challenger has confirmed reports that he had dinner with a gay adult film star. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
hotnight

Saint Paul, MN

#153 Jun 18, 2010
sock wrote:
<quoted text>
You just lack the courage of your convictions. Also known as cowardice
It's a sign of these divided times when someone is chastized for being pragmatic. It's much easier to fit everyone into easy descriptions that are either left or right, conservative or liberal, blue or red, democrat ot republican. After we have them labled, we can go ahead and make the usual insult. I guess if it helps us sleep better at night knowing we are "right" then it's all ok.

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Since: Aug 09

Twin Cities

#154 Jun 18, 2010
hotnight wrote:
<quoted text> It's a sign of these divided times when someone is chastized for being pragmatic. It's much easier to fit everyone into easy descriptions that are either left or right, conservative or liberal, blue or red, democrat ot republican. After we have them labled, we can go ahead and make the usual insult. I guess if it helps us sleep better at night knowing we are "right" then it's all ok.
Pragmatic my foot. Whenever someone feels the need to self identify as a centrist or independent after spouting off partisan rhetoric my BS detector goes wild. Only a moron would think that such a declaration bolsters their argument - or that such an argument even approaches "pragmatic". To the contrary it exposes one as too cowardly to let their words speak for themselves. It's an amateur attempt to redefine the center in order to claim those who disagree are fringe radicals. Sit down.

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Since: Aug 09

Twin Cities

#155 Jun 18, 2010
Gdubs wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get your mind-reading device, and are there more copies available?
Reading glasses are available at countless retailers. Seems to me you need them in order to see the quoted text I was referring to
hotnight

Saint Paul, MN

#156 Jun 19, 2010
sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Pragmatic my foot. Whenever someone feels the need to self identify as a centrist or independent after spouting off partisan rhetoric my BS detector goes wild. Only a moron would think that such a declaration bolsters their argument - or that such an argument even approaches "pragmatic". To the contrary it exposes one as too cowardly to let their words speak for themselves. It's an amateur attempt to redefine the center in order to claim those who disagree are fringe radicals. Sit down.
You are so full of yourself, you stink....THIS world has a lot of grey area that you refuse to see. I think it's cowardly to ignore the middle as if it doesn't exist! If I or anyone else can see the middle ground and try to find common solutions for all of us, then we are not trying to label those who disagree as fringe radicals. Rather, we are declaring that we are tired of the divisiveness that has overtaken our country. Even if I label anyone as this or that, it doesn't mean that I have won, it means that I have fallen into the trap of fitting others into convenient little boxes so I can sleep better at night knowing I am right. That's when I lose...so keep on fitting the rest of us into easy little lables...if it helps you to feel better than others, and if it helps you to feel safe.....And BTW...I will not sit down..tell me what to do, I'm a 53 year old man with more years and experience than you'll ever hope to have....sit down my arse....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brainerd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
Minnesota veteran treats service dog incident a... Jul '14 Navy Guy 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Brainerd, MN (Jan '12) Jul '14 sherry 15
looking for alicia moe Jun '14 looking for alici... 1
Judge approves forfeiture of car, despite not g... May '14 David Shipp 1
Little Falls: Fund established for families of ... (Dec '12) Apr '14 UNKNOWN NAME 4
looking for biological father... (Mar '14) Mar '14 amy 1
•••
•••
•••

Brainerd Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Brainerd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE