Franken 'cautiously optimistic' about Afghanistan

Full story: TwinCities.com

Minnesota Sen. Al Franken says he's feeling more optimistic about the war in Afghanistan than he did before visiting the region and meeting with top American commanders and ordinary troops from his state.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of63
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
concerned

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

What the hello does Franken know about Afghanistan, or anything else for that matter.
SHG

Hastings, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

different administration, same results
joebadoka

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

I thought Obama was going to end the wars? Do you think he will tell us to "read his lips" that he was ending the war in Iraq and didn't say anything about afganistan? SHG is sure right about his post.
joebadoka

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

If we didnt help the muslims in the russia / afganistan war in the 1980s for their religous freedoms and to bleed USSR dry, we wouldnt be in this mess now.
NoSht

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

Franken (the clown) is a waste..... He is the laughing stock of the Senate and a rubber stamp for Obama.... He would lick Harry Ried's boots on command.... Just a joke and it is a shame he is a factor in confiscating your income and squandering it and voting to restrict your liberties... 2014 can't come soon enough!!!
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

Senator angry clown is on board with any war run by a democratic president. Guess he just wants to get in the news for doing something besides ill mannered behavior.
Creep and Creepy

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

Franken has his own opinion? When did that happen? He must have gotten the script emailed to him. He and Amy have zero brains and just follow step. Creep and Creepy from MN. By the way, any of your looked at Amy's plea to pass the porkulus package back in January? She pleaded we need this bill to keep unemployment under 8%. That's what they told her to say and she said it. Now does she regret it? Or even start to think on her own? Franken, the same thing? Nope, just follow the dems right off the cliff.
American Idiots

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

1 and done for this closet dweller. Maybe when he loses 2014 he'll take his worthless butt back to New York. The toughest thing a Dem. has to do is decide who other than the poor do they want to raise taxes on, when cutting spending is never on the table, they have just 1 thing left.
IP Freely

Rosemount, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

Way to go out on a limb Al. What a waste of taxpayer $$. Did anyone think rubber stamp man would come to any other conclusion?
Bob

Hastings, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

Franken is a joke will never be taken seriously anytime he opens his mouth it's best to let it go in one ear and out the other.
Embarrased Minnesotan

Hastings, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

I think Al needs to keep his stupid mouth shut and hide in the back of his office for the next 5 years and collect money for doing nothing. The less this embarassment says or does, the better off Minnesota is as a state. Just who in the he[[ was stupid enough to vote for him anyway???
Cory in St Paul

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

OH, THANK GOD

I was so worried about how Al Franken was feeling about this. I hope he didn't lose any sleep. I hope his tummy isn't upset or anything.
Good GOD, Pioneer Press. You are getting to be more and more like the Strib every day.
Who gives a rats ass what Al Franken feels? He is a buffoon we elected to office-stupidly, I might add, and he doesn't CARE about Minnesota. He is now part of the club and he's ALL GOOD.
Coakley D MA

Spring Park, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

Al,

The terrorists are gone from Afghanistan, we can leave now.
Not from MN thank god

Monterey Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

I know! Just like these numbskulls from MN. Who do these people think they are? The state of MN is such a joke and I hope our next pres does something about that state. Canada doesn't even want them.
concerned wrote:
What the hello does Franken know about Afghanistan, or anything else for that matter.
LBJ

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

Al Franken: former mediocre comedian and now military strategist is optimistic. Well we're all just soooo relieved. Rest easy tonight folks, Al has checked it all out. The guy who can draw a map of the US from memory(but couldn't find has own ass with both hands and GPS) is on the case.
Ann

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

This is good news!
kcmn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

Al the clown is a total embarassment. He should just keep his mouth shut for the next five years and then sink back to NY.

Minnesota voters (and the crooked poll workers) should wake up.

No more clowns.....
NobeLOL

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

LOL! Who cares what that joker thinks! He's an embarassment and disgrace to MN.
Jack Awff

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

P T Bull wrote:
Senator angry clown is on board with any war run by a democratic president. Guess he just wants to get in the news for doing something besides ill mannered behavior.
Al Franken is a chickenhawk warmonger, both for Iraq and Afghanistan.

In May 2005, John Walsh wrote "Al Franken is a Big Fat Phony" for CounterPunch.org . Go here:

http://counterpunch.org/walsh05042005.html
ACORN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

Judged:

Embarrased Minnesotan wrote:
I think Al needs to keep his stupid mouth shut and hide in the back of his office for the next 5 years and collect money for doing nothing. The less this embarassment says or does, the better off Minnesota is as a state. Just who in the he[[ was stupid enough to vote for him anyway???
The people who filled in the ballots that mysteriously appeared in the trunks of cars got the loser into office.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of63
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brainerd Discussions

Search the Brainerd Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Brainerd, MN (Jan '12) Jun 23 sick 14
looking for alicia moe Jun 23 looking for alicia moe 1
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun 12 doomsayer2014 847
Judge approves forfeiture of car, despite not g... May '14 David Shipp 1
Little Falls: Fund established for families of ... (Dec '12) Apr '14 UNKNOWN NAME 4
looking for biological father... Mar '14 amy 1
Lakes Bee scheduled March 6 Mar '14 Janet Schofield 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Brainerd Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brainerd People Search