Franken 'cautiously optimistic' about...

Franken 'cautiously optimistic' about Afghanistan

There are 63 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 13, 2010, titled Franken 'cautiously optimistic' about Afghanistan. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Sen. Al Franken says he's feeling more optimistic about the war in Afghanistan than he did before visiting the region and meeting with top American commanders and ordinary troops from his state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concerned

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 13, 2010
What the hello does Franken know about Afghanistan, or anything else for that matter.
SHG

Hastings, MN

#2 Jan 13, 2010
different administration, same results
joebadoka

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 13, 2010
I thought Obama was going to end the wars? Do you think he will tell us to "read his lips" that he was ending the war in Iraq and didn't say anything about afganistan? SHG is sure right about his post.
joebadoka

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jan 13, 2010
If we didnt help the muslims in the russia / afganistan war in the 1980s for their religous freedoms and to bleed USSR dry, we wouldnt be in this mess now.
NoSht

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 13, 2010
Franken (the clown) is a waste..... He is the laughing stock of the Senate and a rubber stamp for Obama.... He would lick Harry Ried's boots on command.... Just a joke and it is a shame he is a factor in confiscating your income and squandering it and voting to restrict your liberties... 2014 can't come soon enough!!!
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jan 13, 2010
Senator angry clown is on board with any war run by a democratic president. Guess he just wants to get in the news for doing something besides ill mannered behavior.
Creep and Creepy

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jan 13, 2010
Franken has his own opinion? When did that happen? He must have gotten the script emailed to him. He and Amy have zero brains and just follow step. Creep and Creepy from MN. By the way, any of your looked at Amy's plea to pass the porkulus package back in January? She pleaded we need this bill to keep unemployment under 8%. That's what they told her to say and she said it. Now does she regret it? Or even start to think on her own? Franken, the same thing? Nope, just follow the dems right off the cliff.
American Idiots

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jan 13, 2010
1 and done for this closet dweller. Maybe when he loses 2014 he'll take his worthless butt back to New York. The toughest thing a Dem. has to do is decide who other than the poor do they want to raise taxes on, when cutting spending is never on the table, they have just 1 thing left.
IP Freely

Rosemount, MN

#9 Jan 13, 2010
Way to go out on a limb Al. What a waste of taxpayer $$. Did anyone think rubber stamp man would come to any other conclusion?
Bob

Hastings, MN

#10 Jan 13, 2010
Franken is a joke will never be taken seriously anytime he opens his mouth it's best to let it go in one ear and out the other.
Embarrased Minnesotan

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jan 13, 2010
I think Al needs to keep his stupid mouth shut and hide in the back of his office for the next 5 years and collect money for doing nothing. The less this embarassment says or does, the better off Minnesota is as a state. Just who in the he[[ was stupid enough to vote for him anyway???
Cory in St Paul

Richardson, TX

#13 Jan 13, 2010
OH, THANK GOD

I was so worried about how Al Franken was feeling about this. I hope he didn't lose any sleep. I hope his tummy isn't upset or anything.
Good GOD, Pioneer Press. You are getting to be more and more like the Strib every day.
Who gives a rats ass what Al Franken feels? He is a buffoon we elected to office-stupidly, I might add, and he doesn't CARE about Minnesota. He is now part of the club and he's ALL GOOD.
Coakley D MA

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jan 13, 2010
Al,

The terrorists are gone from Afghanistan, we can leave now.
Not from MN thank god

Diamond Bar, CA

#15 Jan 13, 2010
I know! Just like these numbskulls from MN. Who do these people think they are? The state of MN is such a joke and I hope our next pres does something about that state. Canada doesn't even want them.
concerned wrote:
What the hello does Franken know about Afghanistan, or anything else for that matter.
LBJ

Sunnyvale, CA

#16 Jan 13, 2010
Al Franken: former mediocre comedian and now military strategist is optimistic. Well we're all just soooo relieved. Rest easy tonight folks, Al has checked it all out. The guy who can draw a map of the US from memory(but couldn't find has own ass with both hands and GPS) is on the case.
Ann

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jan 13, 2010
This is good news!
kcmn

United States

#18 Jan 13, 2010
Al the clown is a total embarassment. He should just keep his mouth shut for the next five years and then sink back to NY.

Minnesota voters (and the crooked poll workers) should wake up.

No more clowns.....
NobeLOL

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jan 13, 2010
LOL! Who cares what that joker thinks! He's an embarassment and disgrace to MN.
Jack Awff

San Antonio, TX

#21 Jan 13, 2010
P T Bull wrote:
Senator angry clown is on board with any war run by a democratic president. Guess he just wants to get in the news for doing something besides ill mannered behavior.
Al Franken is a chickenhawk warmonger, both for Iraq and Afghanistan.

In May 2005, John Walsh wrote "Al Franken is a Big Fat Phony" for CounterPunch.org . Go here:

http://counterpunch.org/walsh05042005.html
ACORN

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Jan 13, 2010
Embarrased Minnesotan wrote:
I think Al needs to keep his stupid mouth shut and hide in the back of his office for the next 5 years and collect money for doing nothing. The less this embarassment says or does, the better off Minnesota is as a state. Just who in the he[[ was stupid enough to vote for him anyway???
The people who filled in the ballots that mysteriously appeared in the trunks of cars got the loser into office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brainerd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Worker shortage grows as number of internationa... (Jun '17) Jun '17 spytheweb 2
Local Politics Do you approve of John Ward as ? (May '17) May '17 km loney 1
News Nisswa students pack meals for Kids Against Hun... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Addison Lullo 25 1
News Brainerd man drowns in Gull Lake (Jul '08) Jul '16 Ginny 29
News Bodhi Edie Returning To Canadian Superbike Cham... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 4
looking for alicia moe (Jun '14) Dec '15 GPK 3
News August 5, 2015 - (Aug '15) Aug '15 rodney neslson 1

Brainerd Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brainerd Mortgages