make up your mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

I just heard that the mayor changed the trick or treat hour to Sunday, but I don't know what time.
I am please to hear this but it is also a little late to inform everyone.
kerry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

I do not think so I think it is on halloween I am just not sure what time.
happy to be me

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Yes the mayor did change the halloween hours to Sunday from 2:00-5:00. However the lions club can not change the date of the hot dog give away and movie night. So please come down to the park for free hot dogs and drink, there will also be hayrack rides. Bring your lawn chair for the kid friendly
movie on the basketball court. All are welcome to dress up, but remember to dress up warm there will be a chill in the air.
Have a Happy Halloween
dumb move

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

well I just confirmed w/the city hall that the hours did get moved. This is BULLSH*T!!! Do these people not understand what kind of mess this creates? There was NOTHING wrong w/the hours being on halloween. That is how it SHOULD be!

I had to take halloween of a month in advance to take my kids trick r treating. No big deal right? Well, yeah it is!! Now I have to work on Sunday and CANNOT take it off. THANKS THE HECK A LOT MAYOR!!

If she wanted to change the hours - fine and dandy - but why wait until just DAYS before the event?
just great

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

I wanted trick or treat on Sunday. But to change it a week before is just crazy! Alot of families already have plans on Sunday and this just throws alot of families off! We won't even be home on Sunday so now my kids can't go trick or treating. And I also took Halloween off to take my kids out and now I don't need to be off!
And also how are people going to know? Are they going to send notes home with the school? Did they do this at the last minute to avoid other towns coming? Why was it done at the last minute? It sure throws off the working moms!
just great

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

And I spent $95 on my kids Haloween costumes too!!!!!
Concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to go out and buy $60 more of candy. All the other towns will be coming here. Way to go! Maybe the city should give us a tax break to cover this!~LOL~
Whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

First, the Mayor should worry about REAL issues in the city, not Halloween. When I was little, both my parents worked full-time and we had no problem. We just had a little less time. We weren't scarred as children because of this! Second, children safety. I think some parents like Sunday so they don't have the responsibility of taking their children. It's during the day so they should be fine. Bull, things happen during the day, too! You should still go with your children! There was also CCD when we were young. So, everyone turned out fine. Halloween is on OCTOBER 31. Maybe we should celebrate other holidays on other days, because they are not convenient for us!!!
Goodie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

I think its great it is on Sunday. Its a hole day of relaxation and enjoying all the kids in there scary costumes. If I run out of candy now, I will just regift my kids candy they don't need that much.
kerry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Thank you mayor I am very happy you decided to change it to Sunday. Much safer, light outside, and not a rush after school. Thanks and also just remember no matter what you do or decide while you are mayor you will NEVER EVER make everyone happy. Thanks again
My 2 cents

Hickory Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Way to go Sue!
shawna

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

This is BS, when trick or treat is on Halloween I go threw about 5 bags of candy, and thats OK. But on Sunday I`ll go threw that in about an hour, I`ll need another 10 bags. Maybe good ole Sue should pay for the candy on streets that get hit hard. 4 days notice for this, I am going to put a sign up, come back on Halloween. And like some others my neighbor switched her days off, so she could take her kids on Halloween, and theres no switching back. Real good one mayor, couldn`t stand the pressure from people. The whole bunch at city hall needs to go.
wilton

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

I have been reading your forum for awhile now. Your town is something else, but from what ive read and heard from people your mayor is a joke. Bit i hav to say thank you for changing the hours, my friends and i like to take the kids inn the daytime too so will be coming over maybe 4 or 5 carloads. Wilmington people say thanks for trick or treat sunday. if you people don`t like the sunday thing why didnt you keep havong it at night, you started you should have been like every other town.
Good

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Judged:

Why don't you blame the people that were going around with petions to change it back to sunday. That's right alot of people in town wanted it that way so blame them!!
Whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

We're not buying more candy, when we run out, that's it. Thank you petition people!
wilton wrote:
I have been reading your forum for awhile now. Your town is something else, but from what ive read and heard from people your mayor is a joke. Bit i hav to say thank you for changing the hours, my friends and i like to take the kids inn the daytime too so will be coming over maybe 4 or 5 carloads. Wilmington people say thanks for trick or treat sunday. if you people don`t like the sunday thing why didnt you keep havong it at night, you started you should have been like every other town.
shawna

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Judged:

I don`t know if this is true but I just heard there was a meeting last night at the city hall and J. Chinski was putting pressure on the mayor to change it too Sunday. Guess the mayor is no different then the last one, people always said the Dixons tried to control him. Well duh, who is Chinski, a Dixon. Gee were does she live, Shadow Lakes or somewhere. At my house candy will be passed out on Halloween, guess for once I`ll have alot left.
Goofy Braidwood

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Halloween is on Halloween. You can't just change the dates of holidays because they are inconvenient to you.
We already have plans for sunday.
Boycott Sundays fake Halloween!!
Whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Then, the Polk-a-dot would make more money. A Sunday afternoon, all the surrounding cities coming here. Cha-ching, Cha-ching$$$
shawna wrote:
I don`t know if this is true but I just heard there was a meeting last night at the city hall and J. Chinski was putting pressure on the mayor to change it too Sunday. Guess the mayor is no different then the last one, people always said the Dixons tried to control him. Well duh, who is Chinski, a Dixon. Gee were does she live, Shadow Lakes or somewhere. At my house candy will be passed out on Halloween, guess for once I`ll have alot left.
Disgusted

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Sue Grygiel your a joke!!!
kerry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

Judged:

lIKE i SAID THANKS SUE.. I GUARANTEE THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE FOR TRICK OR TREAT ON SUNDAY THAN THERE IS AGAINST. LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU WILL NEVER MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. AFTER THE KIDS GET HITTNG ON THE BIKES I THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE ON SUNDAY WHEN IT IS LESS CAOTIC. HAVING IT ON HALLOWEEN ALL THE KIDS WILL BE RACING HOME NOTBEING CAREFULL AND WHO KNOWS WHO ELSE MAY GET HURT. THANKS AGAIN SUE

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Braidwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min Mahz 49,383
Chrome Rack to re-open under a new name "Twisterz" 8 hr PeteOphile 17
Bobcat Organization Ripped Off???? 9 hr Just passing info 6
Wilmington girls basketball Tue Happy Dad 13
Homeless Shelter Mon Happy Mom 68
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Mon newpoly 1,900
assult catfish days Aug 25 Cat Fish 16
•••
•••
Braidwood Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••