First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JOHN

United States

#1 Jan 19, 2013
In this upcoming Election do you really think that preciding Mayor Rulien actually has a chance to be Mayor another two years again? He's not a Mayor but a dictator.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Santas Little Hleper

Joliet, IL

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Is anyone runing against him? If so who?
Resident

White Cloud, MI

#3 Jan 20, 2013
I agree I seen nothing no progress, many lost businesses and no new has come to town. Braidwood is falling apart.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Suzy

United States

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Resident wrote:
I agree I seen nothing no progress, many lost businesses and no new has come to town. Braidwood is falling apart.
Businesses lost, secret land deals. What happened to the development west of I55. We just had to spend 2 million dollars right away to get a land owner annex into the city but now he renigs on the deal to hold out for more money for his property. Screw the city again. None of the new land annexations have brought any money into the city. But we have zoo! And we wasted a good grant to put a fence around it!. Now thats where our priorities are.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Santas Little Hleper

Joliet, IL

#5 Jan 21, 2013
I really like that zoo....I'm just wondering when they will be posting the open position for care taker at the zoo.
Pa Pa elf

United States

#6 Jan 26, 2013
Is that one thing a cow or a big ant eater, Everytime I go by I look at it and cant tell what the hell it is.
I hear there going to put offices and restrooms in the shed!.
Its a shame that Kentucky chicken or taco bell couldn't go there. Maybe at slum fest we could have a big barbque and roast Girot oh I mean giraffe.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Owl

Wilmington, IL

#7 Jan 26, 2013
Pa Pa elf wrote:
Is that one thing a cow or a big ant eater, Everytime I go by I look at it and cant tell what the hell it is.
I hear there going to put offices and restrooms in the shed!.
Its a shame that Kentucky chicken or taco bell couldn't go there. Maybe at slum fest we could have a big barbque and roast Girot oh I mean giraffe.
Just what are you calling slum fest????
its time

Joliet, IL

#8 Jan 27, 2013
big stuff is running against him and we all know who is big stuff is ?
Pa Pa elf

United States

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Owl wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what are you calling slum fest????
Sorry I missed that mistake it was supposed to say Summer Fest.
Santas Little Hleper

Joliet, IL

#10 Jan 27, 2013
WHo is Big Stuff?
Owl

Wilmington, IL

#12 Jan 27, 2013
Pa Pa elf wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I missed that mistake it was supposed to say Summer Fest.
Thank you
Deadwood

United States

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Mr. Mayor claims that the "Zoo" is something to look at when people come into town or whatever. It's stupid and ugly. Put that time and effort into something usefull around here. No wonder the kids get into trouble. The stores are dirty and employees are rude. The ONLY store that's not that way is BP. I do like living here to a certain extent. It's also really sad the people are that excited for Taco Smell and KFC. Really? I mean come on, I under stand it's closer but, it's just another resturaunt.
Braidwood is all about gossip, eating, drinking, getting high. I'm just glad that I'm going to do something with my life.:D Have fun you clowns that live Topix land.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Happy dad

Joliet, IL

#14 Jan 28, 2013
Deadwood wrote:
Mr. Mayor claims that the "Zoo" is something to look at when people come into town or whatever. It's stupid and ugly. Put that time and effort into something usefull around here. No wonder the kids get into trouble. The stores are dirty and employees are rude. The ONLY store that's not that way is BP. I do like living here to a certain extent. It's also really sad the people are that excited for Taco Smell and KFC. Really? I mean come on, I under stand it's closer but, it's just another resturaunt.
Braidwood is all about gossip, eating, drinking, getting high. I'm just glad that I'm going to do something with my life.:D Have fun you clowns that live Topix land.
You are the one that lives on Topix. Makes you the clown. Lol
Owl

Wilmington, IL

#15 Jan 28, 2013
First this topic was about who is running for mayor not the zoo. If everyone is so dissatisfied with how and by whom this town is being ran, then more concerned residents should show up at the city council meetings and make yourself heard. Blabbing on this site will get nothing accomplished. Besides that, most of this crap is just gossip, lies and people starting rumors. If you want things to change you have to speak to and at the right people. Just remember to research who you are voting for next time. These people were put in their position by a majority of your votes and they can taken out the same way. Stop hiding behind this web site and speak up where it will do some good.
Wow

Joliet, IL

#16 Jan 29, 2013
JOHN wrote:
In this upcoming Election do you really think that preciding Mayor Rulien actually has a chance to be Mayor another two years again? He's not a Mayor but a dictator.
If you honestly think the mayor of Braidwood is a dictator, you either have no idea what a dictator is, or you're just an idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
citizen

Coal City, IL

#17 Feb 9, 2013
Does anyone know who all the candidates are for mayor. I know I can probably get a list at city hall just trying to save myself the time.
Pa Pa elf

United States

#18 Feb 16, 2013
What a bullshxxt artical in the Braidwood rag. Mayor really grabbing at thin air. The last time I was in a council meeting the Administrator don't have the say so to purchase land but the Commissioners do.
Wasn't it the commissioners who approved to purchase, not Andy!. Also the land was only going to be purchased because general fund was 2 million in debt, and they could buy the land through TIFF and when they sell it to some sap they would put the money into general fund to bring it out of debt. But the economy took a shit and now the City is holding property! Instead of trying to fill these open lots you put up some ugly eye sore and call it an attraction, something for Braidwood to have visitors stop and say I want to spend money here! Your the joke! What happened to the golfcart shop and sales center you were building??
You filled the wetlands in for free and now we have another ugly empty lot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
see th light

Wilmington, IL

#19 Feb 23, 2013
the down town project is shot kiss down town good by.
tom

Broadview, IL

#20 Feb 24, 2013
everybody hides behind a fake name on here too. id go to city hall but what good would it do because bill is fing girot and eric is just following his elders. train, zoo, banks pond whats next oh yeah half way house thats right. now i love braidwood just not the popo or community leaders. Can we buy a few more cop cars.
tom

Broadview, IL

#21 Feb 24, 2013
oh and i forgot bill wasn't elected mayor it fell in his lap, remember.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Braidwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
angie grill pancake house 5 hr sam 1
Ding dong ditch 6 hr Law Man 2
Braidwood 9 hr Oak Tree 5
Jonseys Tue Clint 14
Farmstone Home Owner's Association (Aug '10) Tue Rudy 44
Hot single moms (Oct '13) Tue Hung 10
We need a new law May 20 Ghkuyg654 6

Braidwood Jobs

Personal Finance

Braidwood Mortgages