I caught my son doing "Jenkem"?

Posted in the Braidwood Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RCHS MOM

Joliet, IL

#1 Apr 12, 2010
Yesterday afternoon I came home early to find my son and his friends getting high on something called "jenkem" which they say they heard about at school. This "jenkem" is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. They urinate and defecate in plastic bottles and leave them to ferment in the sun, then inhale the resulting gas. I know it sounds unreal but when I came home I found my son and his friends laying on the grass in the backyard and they were acting very strangely. There was a horrible, putrid smell in the air. I can't believe my son would do something like this. I looked it up on the internet and apparently this was something invented by African children that wound up online and now kids all over the world are doing it. My son says most of his friends at school have tried it.

When I try to ask him about it further, he just ignores me.

I really don't know what to do as a mother right now.
RCHS MOM

Joliet, IL

#2 Apr 12, 2010
Im sorry, I'm so new with this topix thing.
fear of god

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Apr 12, 2010
I'll tell ya what I would have done. Put the fear of god in his head and my boot in his a$$ there is a difference between child abuse and disipline and I can guarentee the cops would turn their head because the kid needed it. All the "let's talk about it" and "let's sit down and be friends" needs to stop. If these behaviors are not curbrd right away you'll be making a visit to the funeral home in the future.
senior

United States

#4 Apr 12, 2010
RCHS MOM wrote:
Yesterday afternoon I came home early to find my son and his friends getting high on something called "jenkem" which they say they heard about at school. This "jenkem" is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. They urinate and defecate in plastic bottles and leave them to ferment in the sun, then inhale the resulting gas. I know it sounds unreal but when I came home I found my son and his friends laying on the grass in the backyard and they were acting very strangely. There was a horrible, putrid smell in the air. I can't believe my son would do something like this. I looked it up on the internet and apparently this was something invented by African children that wound up online and now kids all over the world are doing it. My son says most of his friends at school have tried it.
I have to point out that you are a good Mom informing others about this...this is a really something to watch out for...Thank you for informing people.
couldhavejustgoo gledit

Elwood, IL

#5 Apr 12, 2010
http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/jenkem.a...

your allfools. stupid braidwood.
Festus from Wilmatucky

AOL

#6 Apr 12, 2010
fear of god wrote:
I'll tell ya what I would have done. Put the fear of god in his head and my boot in his a$$ there is a difference between child abuse and disipline and I can guarentee the cops would turn their head because the kid needed it. All the "let's talk about it" and "let's sit down and be friends" needs to stop. If these behaviors are not curbrd right away you'll be making a visit to the funeral home in the future.
I totaly agree !! BEAT their ass !! If I caught my kid smelling piss and shit, he would be wearing it !!

I'm sure the left-wing, do gooders, Democrat type's will say to reason with the child, but I say beat the little shits ass!

I could only imagine what my old man would have done to me if he caught me smelling piss and shit, and then told him why I was doing it !! LOL
Resident evil

AOL

#7 Apr 12, 2010
What the HELL is wrong with kids these days. You should have took them to sewer treatment plant and through there butts in there, and they could inhale echother all day.
Reed-Custer

United States

#8 Apr 12, 2010
I think you should inform the school. Hopefully, they can address this and help in some way.
RCHS MOM

Joliet, IL

#9 Apr 12, 2010
it's starting to get quite bad, failing grades, hanging out at the skatepark, and there's a piles of empty botlles under his bed.

Abuse is not an option, i just love my son too much.
braidwood resident

Scottsdale, AZ

#10 Apr 12, 2010
RCHS MOM wrote:
it's starting to get quite bad, failing grades, hanging out at the skatepark, and there's a piles of empty botlles under his bed.
Abuse is not an option, i just love my son too much.
i'm getting worried now that you mention the empty bottles, i just cleaned my son's room and there were quiet a few empty bottles, nothing smelled bad though, he also hangs out at the park. i'm going to ask him about this thing and see his reaction.

thank you for posting about this.
braidwood resident

Scottsdale, AZ

#11 Apr 12, 2010
i just checked a few links on JENKEM and it's all
a hoax, our stupid kids are plobably experimenting. i'm still going to ask my son.
Happy to be me

Bloomington, IN

#12 Apr 12, 2010
braidwood resident wrote:
i just checked a few links on JENKEM and it's all
a hoax, our stupid kids are plobably experimenting. i'm still going to ask my son.

not sure about the hoax part. The concoction is methane and amonia fermenting and to sniff this would make a person really sick or possibly high.
disgusting

Wilmington, IL

#13 Apr 12, 2010
You would think the smell would make them puke! That's so disgusting!
Tell him he could get seriously ill- end up in the hospital with a e-coli infection in his lungs!
dont worry

AOL

#14 Apr 12, 2010
I just heard yesterday they are closing the skate park for alot of reasons so let's keep our fingers crossed, It will be soon!!!!
do no good

Warwick, RI

#15 Apr 12, 2010
Even if they did close the "skate park" do you think that is going to stop these kids from doing bad things. The "skate park" is just park of the park in general. I can gurantee that wouldn't solve the problem.
MOM 2

United States

#16 Apr 12, 2010
Rchs mom thank you so much for sharing your information with us.
Improvement

AOL

#17 Apr 13, 2010
It is not a hoax. This originated in Africa according to Webster Dictionary. It is alive there and now appears to be alive here. It's a cost free way of gettin high. They put a balloon on top of the bottle with the fecal matter and pee in it, let it sit in the sun to ferment. The gases blow up the balloon and the kid then inhales the gases just like you would a helium ballon to make your voice squeeky. It is a halucinagenic big time according to Webster and other sites I have read.
Willie Awesome

New Westminster, Canada

#18 Jul 27, 2010
RCHS MOM wrote:
Do your research and introduce your Son to Cannabis. Hopefully from there he will discover things like Hallucinogenic mushrooms later on which will account for the "Trippy" effct of this disgusting poop drug.
This being used is proof that when you Prohibit the safe natural plants people have been using on this planet for THOUSANDS of years, people do stupid crap to get high.
Literally.
Legalize Marijuana, save our children.
so sorry

Joliet, IL

#19 Jul 27, 2010
RCHS MOM wrote:
Thank you for the heads up. Get him help now!!!
Shady Lady

Westmont, IL

#20 Jul 27, 2010
It may be a cheap way of becoming high. It is a very easy way of becoming quite ill. Do you have good medical insurance. They could even die. Are these people that silly?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Braidwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Custer Park Party 14 hr Commissioner 1
Snookers (Jul '16) 22 hr Reed 22
Coal City Baseball 23 hr eddie 21
Chick-A-Dee Restaurant Sat JustSaying 3
Unemployment debit card (Jan '09) May 15 WTF 279
Trains May 3 Oscar 6
Stolen tools ? May 1 Corky 2

Braidwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance