First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wtf

Joliet, IL

#1 Apr 1, 2010
at 1 am on April 1st i received a ticket for 100$ for not having a city sticker... i was parked and i looked around and saw that there were a few more tickets on cars that were parked around me. do they have nothing better to do than run around town and run everyone's plates? and a hundred dollars for a city sticker? sounds like bored cops need less working hours! why are they walking around looking at cars??? sounds like harassment to me!
just sayin

United States

#2 Apr 1, 2010
it's a revenue generator. The ciy is broke, the state is broke, the federal government is broke....look for more of this type of 'harassment' to help them all fill their budget gaps. Welcome to the recession!
mr big

Glen Ellyn, IL

#3 Apr 1, 2010
the rules of living in braidwood , got to love it .
Whine Whine

United States

#4 Apr 1, 2010
Don't whine you have known for over a month that they were due. So the way I look at it IT's you own FAULT! Everyone comes on here yelling when the police aren't doing there job and now your yelling when they are.
hah

Wolcott, IN

#5 Apr 1, 2010
Yeah.. the notice did come about a month and a half ago. And its like ten bucks. You can only procrastinate so long. That is kinda crappy to get a huge ticket one hour after midnight.. but come on. Its not like this isn't an annual thing.
wtf

Joliet, IL

#6 Apr 1, 2010
but a hundred bucks thats a little harsh
Billy Goats Gruff

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Apr 1, 2010
They don't have to run your plates......They know who has purchased and who has not. You address is on their records from last year as having bought one. It's not like they spotlighted and called in every vehicle.....there's a list of who is late. So unless you just moved here or you are "in the club" you won't get a break.
Billy Goats Gruff

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Apr 1, 2010
WTF ?? Sorry.....?!
Agree

Fruitland Park, FL

#9 Apr 1, 2010
I agree with the police on this one. It is part of owning a car you have the responsibility to keep current plates, insurance, and city stickers if required. Grow up take responsibility for your own actions or get rid of the car.
Braidwood Cops

Channahon, IL

#10 Apr 1, 2010
Keep up the good work! It's a 10 dollar sticker, or a 30 pack of beer. Hmmmmm?
simple stuff

Paso Robles, CA

#11 Apr 1, 2010
City stickers have been around since the 1950's when they had the round metal stamped tags. It's $10 for a car,$15 for a truck under 1 ton,$20 for 1 ton and over,$5 for motorcycles. Go over to Wilmington and the price doubles. It's eather city stickers or vehicle emmisions testing. How about chicago's stickers at $100 each and fines over $100. Notice has been in the Braidwood Journal, prairie shopper, doors of every business, sign at city hall, etc. No one can say they didn't know unless they live in a blinded bubble. It's something simple to do and if you do it when your suposed to it's alot cheeper and you can avoid the fines from the very beginning. Alot of people complain that $10 or $20 is too much, but those are the people who have 5, 6 or 7 cars/trucks and smoke like a chimney. How about selling a car or don't buy a pack for a week. People will find excuses, buy like A$$ holes, everyone has them. My family has been getting them since the 1950's and guess what, there is no $100 fine because we eliminated the chance of getting a fine at the very beginning. City stickers will never go away, if for some off the wall reason the city "leaders" did get rid of them, it would hurt the city in the check book, more so that people realy know.
TOM

Paso Robles, CA

#12 Apr 1, 2010
Billy Goats Gruff wrote:
WTF ?? Sorry.....?!
Too Bad so sad. wa wa wa. The sign out front CityHall had the sticker notice since Feb. Its been in the newspaper multiple times, and on your City Water bill.. I think $100.00 is not enough. I'm with the cops on this one. Good to know there out at midnight or early morning hours, I can sleep better knowing this..
Resident evil

AOL

#13 Apr 2, 2010
Just Fence in your driveway, then they can't come through the locked gates to give you tickets.
Billy Goats Gruff

United States

#14 Apr 2, 2010
Tom, My first post (#7)....showed up in triplicate for some reason....never seen that before....so I apologized before anyone started with the "click much?...or...are ya new?" banter....But Topix caught it and took 2 off....I was questioning my own posting situation.....not anyone sticker issues.
Billy Goats Gruff

United States

#15 Apr 2, 2010
They can in Braidwood.....their making up of ?? rules/justifying their shady probable causes/their less than savory methods of intimidation/entrapment....all in order to display their authority and might along with generating "suerevenue"...... is a specialty that they all seem to have. Prioritization....not so much.

"Yes Mam, the officers at your location did hear the gunshots and the barking dogs down the street from you, and yes they did see that car leaving the scene in a cloud of dust....but right now they have several more illegal parking tickets and sticker violations to finish writing up......."
Pitty

Fruitland Park, FL

#16 Apr 7, 2010
wtf wrote:
at 1 am on April 1st i received a ticket for 100$ for not having a city sticker... i was parked and i looked around and saw that there were a few more tickets on cars that were parked around me. do they have nothing better to do than run around town and run everyone's plates? and a hundred dollars for a city sticker? sounds like bored cops need less working hours! why are they walking around looking at cars??? sounds like harassment to me!
Couldn't get no sympathy on here so, I see you put your complaint in the Braidwood Journal. Well to bad its your own fault. Time to grow-up,(quit whining), you are in violation of the law take the wrap.
MMB

Morris, IL

#17 Apr 8, 2010
I agree I seen that in sound off too. Just like your license plates you have 364 days to decide when to cover your a$$ & purchase the sticker. Back in 96 I had my address as Braidwood however stayed frequently in Downers Grove and still to this day have a $75 fine on my credit report for not abiding the law who's fault? Mine!! So I learned since to purchase my sticker in advance. Hopefully by next year you would of learned this lesson & plan ahead. Yes it's a bunch of crap but so are alot of things we have to abide by.
BTW

Wilmington, IL

#18 Apr 9, 2010
The Police do not access the fine for local ordinance violations. That is done and passed by the City Council. All local ordinance violations are $100.00 for first offenses. Local Ordinances/and fines are posted online!!
get a life

Gilberts, IL

#19 Apr 12, 2010
TOM wrote:
<quoted text>Too Bad so sad. wa wa wa. The sign out front CityHall had the sticker notice since Feb. Its been in the newspaper multiple times, and on your City Water bill.. I think $100.00 is not enough. I'm with the cops on this one. Good to know there out at midnight or early morning hours, I can sleep better knowing this..
I just wish they were out catching the people breaking in to our cars instead of writing sticker fines. They don't appear near as concerned about that.
fjb

Channahon, IL

#20 Apr 12, 2010
What use do the stickers have?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Braidwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Vehrs Tue No stone unturned 10
Girot Tue Ruth 2
Can anyone tell me why the F.B.I is looking at ... Aug 19 Observation 10
Whats up with Joliet paper saying no Braidwood 911 Aug 19 Bob 4
Another choice Aug 17 Choosing Johnson 1
volleyball shorts too short (Dec '09) Aug 17 Concrete 35
Unemployment debit card (Jan '09) Aug 15 tamie2089 246

Braidwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance