Braidwood Police
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Michael Brown

Joliet, IL

#1 Jan 21, 2010
I am grateful that the Braidwood Police don't have to follow the traffic laws, but are still allowed to enforce them. No wonder they are the laughing stock of the departments in the Will County Area. I am ashamed to call myself a resident.
your right

Kansas City, MO

#3 Jan 22, 2010
I have noticed when somebody posts something about braidwood pd. there is one person who gets really defensive and defends them to the hilt. So you can expet are expect that. But the fact is they are a laughingstock. Those people say your whining or feel like you are being picked on whenyou are guilty. In some cases that may be true. But if they had as much professionalism as arrogance it would be nicer. A womans cell phone rang, doing the right thing she pulled over in the shell station to answer it. Wth the car still running, and her in it, she got a ticket because ONE of her tires was in the handicap line. She had never been pulled or ticketed for anything in her life. Then they wonder why they don't get any respect. Maybe this was part of their murder investigation. Or the bank robber was on the other line. What a joke
William

Moline, IL

#4 Jan 22, 2010
The Braidwood Police Dept. is a big piece of Shitt
postman

Paso Robles, CA

#5 Jan 23, 2010
if you need a cop at 2am till 7am go to station or I55 AND WAKE one up
Juiced

Moline, IL

#6 Mar 8, 2010
Don't get stopped by them when the Secretary of States computers are messed up. My status wasn't updated properly and their computers didn't have the right information. Now I'm going to have to fight to get my vehicle back. I've been on the phone trying to get them to force my changes through so I can talk to the chief so I get the admin fee waived and my car returned and the tickets pertaining to incident fixed. FYI, Secratary of States computers are going through upgrade/maint and it can take 4-5 days for your information to be transferred to the state police system. Don't rely on a phone call to the Secratary of State to give you the ok to drive, call the police and have them run your DL#.
I found this out the hard way. I was told this could last up to the 3rd or 4th week of March.

Personal note- Tried to get ahold of the chief so I can set up an appointment to bring in my documents and proof, but can't get ahold of him. Phone disconnects after a couple rings.
braidwood

AOL

#7 Mar 8, 2010
I think the bpd are doing a good job, you people are pathetic!!!!!!
haha

Morris, IL

#8 Mar 8, 2010
braidwood wrote:
You must be talkin about bolingbrook p.d. right???? ha ha
Juiced

Moline, IL

#9 Mar 8, 2010
Braidwood..... Some of the people are professional. But some of them are not. Except for last sat, I usually ran into those who were not. I have no problems with Braidwood PD, and most of what they did on Saturaday was professional. I just got screwed because the Sec of State fucked up. And they did what they had to do.

The times I ran into the unprofessional ones weren't in regards to problems my friends and I were involved in, but as uninvolved bystanders. I observed one incident with 2 of my buddies, one a mp who's been out for less then a year, and the other who was on 2 week leave visiting. And both of them had the same opinion that the 2 officers observed needed a strong dose of reality. No more, no less.

It's bad when the problematic officers bring down the reputation of an entire dept., but the other posters here may of only met the bad ones and basing their view on that. Other then that, take your troll self somewhere else.

On another note, I hope the guy who got tasered by the one of the officers sues on one observed incident. The guy's wifes best friend was injured and bleeding badley after a car wreck and he was trying to get to her side. The officer turned and tasered him without any warning. That's unprofessional. There were 3 qualified first responders (medical) in our group (had a poker party that night) and they wouldn't let them do what they were qualified for. The lady had to sit unconcious and bleeding for 8 mins before the ambulance finally arrived. I hope that is brought up as well.
Well

Chisholm, MN

#10 Mar 8, 2010
I've never had a problem with the BPD, but then again I am a law abiding citizen.
Graduated Youth

United States

#11 Mar 8, 2010
when i was in high school i went on a ride along. we literally had someone pulled over every 5 min, The officer i was riding with at the time let me pick if the person we pulled over got a ticket or not. my advice is to just go around the outskirts of Braidwood. or make shure your vehicle is 105% legal.
Juiced

Moline, IL

#12 Mar 8, 2010
Well....., I am too, and taking in a fax from the Sec of State proving that I was legal at the time. Considering this is the first arrest I've ever had and only the 3rd time in 16 years (except for DUI roadblocks)I've been pulled over, I think I've done a lot better then most people. Actually, I'm thinking of just letting them keep the car. Lol, it only appraised at $750, and my 74 El Camino project car will be finished by tommorow since the parts got here today. Also got a offer for a good price for brand new car (2010 Crewcab). Talking to a lawyer to find out if it is legal. If it is, I'll prob let them have it. Let them go through the hassle of getting the title. I spent a lot of good years in that car, 11+, but it's finally acting it's age. They will be surprised when they get the title and find the car actually has over 500k on it. My copy is stamped with the actual milage and the notice a new odometer was installed and not adjusted @310k.

On the Braidwood police, they were patrolling my town at one point. But between how much they charged and the complaints from the citizens, they were dropped. Some of the complaints weren't valid, but there were enough to make the council think hard about getting rid of them. One of them came from a councilmen that had been stopped by Braidwood in his town for going 3mph(!) over the speed limit. The ticket was dismissed in court, but the councilman voted against extending the contract.
resident

United States

#13 Mar 9, 2010
Graduated Youth wrote:
when i was in high school i went on a ride along. we literally had someone pulled over every 5 min, The officer i was riding with at the time let me pick if the person we pulled over got a ticket or not. my advice is to just go around the outskirts of Braidwood. or make shure your vehicle is 105% legal.
Oh my GOD. Which officer was it?
WTF

United States

#14 Mar 9, 2010
braidwood wrote:
HaHAHA this is obivously the BPD or someone who's got their head sooo far up their ass they never get F**cked over by them or harrased!!!!! LMAO UR the pathetic one!!!
braidwood

AOL

#15 Mar 9, 2010
No just don't break the laws IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!
im just saying

Roselle, IL

#16 Mar 10, 2010
We had issues with our neighbors and they took their sweet time getting here, while when our phone was not working right and would dial 911 at 430 am I had 3 squads, a K-9 unit and 4 cops pounding on my door. They actually asked if my 11 month old called....
WTF

United States

#17 Mar 11, 2010
braidwood wrote:
No just don't break the laws IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!
I usually dont break the law.... but in the state of braidwood it dosent matter cause u can be walkind down the street doing nothing get stopped by a cop and have done nothing or have anything and either walk away with a ticket or go to jail....... thats ur sooo called good job...... psssshhhh.... get ur head outta ur ass.
Braidwood

Joliet, IL

#18 Mar 17, 2010
I live in Braidwood and even though i don't get pulled over i watch those cops pull everyone else over and sometimes a gd cause and sometimes just for the fuck of it. I know a few officers that don't belong in a job like that because a police officer is suppose to protect and serve not harass and be a jerk especially to their own people in the community. It's really sad. my advice to people is if your on a road trip, don't stop in braidwood unless u want a ticket? I see the police officers breaking the law everyday and do it with a smirk!!!!!!!!!!
ridiculous

United States

#19 Mar 18, 2010
I think they are on a power trip or something. I was driving into town one night coming from essex and as soon as i got through the lights a cop driving towards me whipped a U-turn, before he got to the median where he wouldn't be able to turn around anymore, and rode RIGHT behind me. I was doing nothing wrong I was only on my way home. It made me feel uneasy and i felt like I was being harassed. Just a week later while coming into town down division I noticed a car in my rearview coming up really fast on me. I honestly told myself this guy must be doing 60-70 mph that's how fast he got to me. Then they rode right up behind to where i could barely see their headlights in my mirror. After turning onto First Street I noticed the car that was riding me was a Braidwood Cop. I believe he committed at least two violations; speeding and tailgating. Not to mention that's pretty much harassment. I do not hate police just the ones that don't realize what their job is and are just on a power trip. I literally got a ticket for parking my car in my driveway but it was halfway over the sidewalk that cuts through my drive. This was at 3:00 a.m. Sorry for anyone walking out then that needed to take a 10 foot detour around my car. Who needs to use the sidewalks then anyways? Most don't use them during the day. Being ticketed for parking in my driveway a little over the sidewalk is ridiculous. This is why they get a bad reputation because some of them don't always do the right thing not because criminals just want to complain about them. People avoid this town because they're scared of getting pulled over and harassed for no reason by one of Braidwood's finest. A police officer should only be there to help and make the situation better not worse. I understand you need to do your job but your job is not to pull over and taser anyone you see fit. It is to serve the people not harass them. It makes me wonder about the morals of our police crew who should be the ones with the highest moral. They will literally call an off duty cop in the middle of the night to come in and help get someone they're after not because they need the help but just because Savarinno has it out for the kid. Sorry I didn't mean to do any name calling but that's outrageous. They should really look into some of the police we have and maybe do some thinking about revamping our police force and making it better.
Savarinno

Plainfield, IL

#20 Mar 18, 2010
F U ridiculous, Ill do whatever I want!
ridiculous

United States

#21 Mar 18, 2010
That's probably exactly what Sav-dog would say if that was him. hahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Braidwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Braidwood Bob sighting 20 hr Rex 5
Why are public bathrooms locked at city hall? 23 hr Laughing at you f... 12
Unemployment debit card (Jan '09) Apr 20 Nyc2228 275
Police Chief Ficarello Apr 19 Andy 9
Braidwood residents lock your doors! Apr 19 Tommy 1
wilmington moose lodge Apr 13 Wren 8
Funny stuff Apr 13 Pickle 1

Braidwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance