When are town sales? Thank you!
knows

Warwick, RI

#2 Apr 11, 2010
June 11 and 12, they are always on the second Fri and Sat in june
ladyinpink

United States

#3 Apr 11, 2010
does anyone have kids cloths that i can come and look at before the sale i need boys 5 6 7 and girls 7 and 8
im just saying

River Grove, IL

#4 Apr 12, 2010
Thank you! and I am not sure... I know 252 school st. always has a lot of boys and girls clothes in most sizes... she normally has one late april early may. I will post when I find out what day.
ladyinpink

United States

#5 Apr 12, 2010
thank you im just saying
dramafree

Joliet, IL

#6 Apr 15, 2010
ladyinpink I was just at Braidwoods Community Treasure Shop they finally have a thrift store yea!!! All this month they are having a 50% off everything in the store I just got my 7 year old daughter shorts, tops, shoes I think most I paid was .50 cent's a piece. YOU need to check it out good deals.
dramafree

Joliet, IL

#7 Apr 15, 2010
OOO to the town after your sales are over she is taking left over donations, she told me she is trying to keep this store in Braidwood and wow it does need one.
im just saying

United States

#8 Apr 26, 2010
where is it?
OH WOW

Channahon, IL

#9 Apr 30, 2010
hey lady in pink please don't go to the braidwood thrift store. it really isnt anything special your better off looking at garage sales.
we enter 2

Waterloo, Canada

#10 May 17, 2010
I see the entry forms are in the Braidwood paper and some other businesses in town. Hopefuly there will be a lot like last year. I think there were over 100 listed sales last year.
braidwood res

United States

#11 May 17, 2010
OH WOW wrote:
hey lady in pink please don't go to the braidwood thrift store. it really isnt anything special your better off looking at garage sales.
How can someone take donations and sell them to keep all money to themselves. I rather give my stuff to goodwill where someone can get it for free.That place makes no sense to me, get a real job!
Helpful

Wilmington, IL

#12 May 17, 2010
braidwood res wrote:
<quoted text>How can someone take donations and sell them to keep all money to themselves. I rather give my stuff to goodwill where someone can get it for free.That place makes no sense to me, get a real job!
Goodwill does make money, but all proceeds go to help shelters and battered women get back on their feet. Even the employees are people from shelters who have had a hard time finding jobs.
I would much rather give my leftovers to Goodwill too then to the "lady" who runs that thrift shop!
Shady Lady

Paso Robles, CA

#13 May 17, 2010
Goodwill sells the donations you give them. There are Goodwill stores everywhere.
Donater

United States

#14 May 17, 2010
If you are looking to give leftover items to help people then do what I did. I live in Wilmington and I wanted to give my leftover garage sale items to someone who helped the community and I didn't know so I checked with City Hall. They said check with the local churches like St. Rose and the food pantry and maybe embasy care nursing home I made a couple of calls to some of these places and they told me where to take my things. I was very satisfied and will continue to donate when I can I suggest that maybe you do the same.
Braidwood MOM

United States

#15 May 19, 2010
I post any left overs on freecycle. I would rather see the items go to someone who needs them rather than throwing them away. And it could make a world of difference to someone.
Stopped

Bartlett, IL

#16 May 19, 2010
I think that is very nice of you but FYI I used to do the same but then I found out my sister-in-law watches free cycle and also free items on Creigslist she will go and pick your items and then sell them on Ebay she told me that she knew a lot of people that do this, she has made quite a lot of money doing this.
Shady Lady

Paso Robles, CA

#17 May 19, 2010
There will always be people like your sister in law who takes advantage of good people. I am sure much is appreciated by who ever gets the items.
discusted

United States

#18 May 20, 2010
Sounds like your sister in law is a real trip thanks for the info i never thought about someone doing something like that from now on i will give to a place i know who is helping out i think i will check them out first though even if i have to pretend that im a needy person to see if they will help if they do then i know i have found a good place if not then i wouldn't give to them i really do thank you for opening my eyes
dramafree

Joliet, IL

#19 May 20, 2010
Braidwood res. The Thrift store in town does give back to the community check with several local churches, she has given back to the local food pantry has even given some of the donations given to her to another towns help center. Yes Goodwill takes in donations, makes a profit themselves they aslo have yes helped out the homeless in JOLIET but thank god we have no homeless here or who knows she would help If given the chance. I am not sorry to say I just went threw a though time and went in to look per churches advice, this lady gave me, well clothes, dishes, couch and love seat etc.. FREE so does this sound like someone who is looking to take and take not give back I think NOT. She is people helping people. God help your evil soul.
what a crock

Wilmington, IL

#20 May 20, 2010
dramafree wrote:
Braidwood res. The Thrift store in town does give back to the community check with several local churches, she has given back to the local food pantry has even given some of the donations given to her to another towns help center. Yes Goodwill takes in donations, makes a profit themselves they aslo have yes helped out the homeless in JOLIET but thank god we have no homeless here or who knows she would help If given the chance. I am not sorry to say I just went threw a though time and went in to look per churches advice, this lady gave me, well clothes, dishes, couch and love seat etc.. FREE so does this sound like someone who is looking to take and take not give back I think NOT. She is people helping people. God help your evil soul.
Carrie has never GIVEN anything to anyone in her entire life! She is a taker- not a giver! This post is the biggest lie I have ever seen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Braidwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
95 and laughing at all of you. 48 min Hot Chick 2
The Eagle has landed 7 hr 9645aaa 6
Thank you all the loyal Braidwood employees. 20 hr Coopertone Tornado 2
Trains 22 hr JustSaying 3
Mayor Vehrs team plagued with Drugs. Apr 27 PD supporter 3
Unemployment debit card (Jan '09) Apr 20 Nyc2228 275
Police Chief Ficarello Apr 19 Andy 9

Braidwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance