RONALD MCDONALD

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2007

does bpd get freebees at burger king too?
THE KING

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2007

burger king is the best home of the wopper!!!!
THE KING

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2007

the king rules the fast food chain we make money we dont give our food away to fat cops!
THE KING

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2007

the king is back
brew

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2007

i like the good table

JWM

Since: Apr 07

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2007

Burger King is better. Better food and service.
Dragonfly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2007

Oh come on guys, they're all good. Burger King has better fries, but nothing will ever beat a big mac. Just ask the BPD! The Good Table has good foo and service, but don't go ther for their breakfast buffet in the summer. I won't say why because I like alot of people who work there to make a living, and they work hard.
Beatrice

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2007

Can someone please tell me a little bit about the Big Mac? Ive never had one but I want to try it.
Officer

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2007

I can tell you everything:

The Big Mac was inspired by the big boy , a similar double-decker hamburger sold by the restaurant chain of that name since 1936. The burger was invented by McDonald's franchisee Jim Delligatti at a location in Uniontown, Pennsylvania, before being picked up nation-wide. Frank Berardi, a biology teacher at Uniontown Area High School claims to have served the first Big Mac to a customer when he worked at the old McDonald's at the shopping center on Morgantown Street as a teenager. The McDonald's owned by Jim Delligatti was demolished around 2001, and a new restaurant built in the same plaza about 300 feet (100 m) away.[citation needed]

According to a famous advertising jingle, it consists of "two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun," though the most distinctive feature is a middle layer of bread used to stabilize contents and prevent spillage.
Back up Officer

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2007

In some restaurants, McDonald's also offers a "Mega Mac" with four patties and an extra slice of cheese. In Canada, this is commonly available in most McDonald's restaurants under the name "Double Big Mac". In the United Kingdom, the "Mega Mac" was once available but has since been discontinued along with the Super-size option as a part of the healthier McDonald's menu. The "Mega Mac", however, has been for sale in Ireland since at least some time in 2004 and remains on sale. The Mega Mac began sale in Japan on January 12, 2007. In Europe, larger burgers and buns were used to make a "Bigger Big Mac" as part of a limited promotion to celebrate the World Cup 2006, held in Germany. The burger was 40% bigger (compared to the weight of a normal Big Mac), and contained almost the same amount of saturated fat as the recommended daily allowance for an active adult male.

The Big Mac is known worldwide and is often used as a symbol of American capitalism. The Economist has used it as a reference point to determine the cost of living in different countries the Big Mac index since it is so widely available and is comparable across markets.

In 2005, McDonald's began offering product placement rewards to hip hop artists who namechecked the Big Mac in their music, giving US$5 to the artist for every time a song mentioning the hamburger was played on the radio.[1] This offer quickly spawned a satirical reference from Hip Hop artist Mad Skillz, who references the marketing ploy in his track "2005 Wrap Up" by stating "And I'm beefin' wit' Mickey D's man, y'all dead wrong, Talkin''bout payin' rappers to mention Big Macs in their song, We do rap from the heart, y'all better have some respect, Alright, Big Mac! Big Mac! Big Mac! Now where's my check?"
BUFORD T JUSTICE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2007

I PREFER A BBC FROM RAX

Since: May 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

Judged:

Hi everybody! Sorry i have not been on here for a while. been working in Mcdonaldland a lot! But since it just turned the first of the month and the rent for the restaurants is due i need help. Attention: McManning, McKing and McMcasland! Please come in tomorrow and eat. i need the money and you guys eat enough for two months rent. Thanks boys! See you soon.
Good Table no more

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

Judged:

I ate at the Good table and spent the next day & a half on the toilet. You won't catch me there again.
Rebecca

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

I hate that place! The last time we went it took forever for the waitress to even acknowledge we were there, and the food was horrible. When they have their Sunday buffett there are flies all over the food. It's disgusting.
Wilmington Jerry

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

Judged:

Bring on Wendy's or Arbys. Wilmington has had all of the BK and McD's we can eat. The service gets poorer by the day and you are lucky if you get your order filled right. then to have a person at the window who hands you your meal as if they could care less about serving you - bring on any one with good service.

I eat at the good table occasionaly and even though they are not my favorite the food is pretty good and the service is always good.
Very Bad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

Good Table no more wrote:
I ate at the Good table and spent the next day & a half on the toilet. You won't catch me there again.
That last time we ate at the good table, we had a disgusting view of one of the cooks urinating along the building within the view of the booth we were sitting in. Never again. We even told the waitress and she denied it happening, even after we described the guy that did it. And this was during the Sunday buffet.
Supportive of Braidwood

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

Very Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
That last time we ate at the good table, we had a disgusting view of one of the cooks urinating along the building within the view of the booth we were sitting in. Never again. We even told the waitress and she denied it happening, even after we described the guy that did it. And this was during the Sunday buffet.
That IS disgusting. I suggest you report that to an owner, rather than a waitress, who obviously was trying to protect her co-worker. I'll bet he even returned to work without washing his hands. YUK !!!
wondering

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

How much do McDonald's or BK pay? How much does a manager make? Just wondering. There are an awful lot of people around who don't have jobs. Wondering if working at a fast food place would even make a dent in the dreaded bills?
another parent

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

It pays minimum wage, but a manager can make between $30,000 to $50,000 yearly depending on experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Braidwood Forum right now

Search the Braidwood Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min Religionthebiglie 48,888
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr DogSauce 3,828
Docs Parking Lot 4 hr Happy Dad 12
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 9 hr KrisChristie 1,856
EZ Living's moving to Braidwood 15 hr Happy Dad 3
Accident stops traffic on NB I-55 15 hr Happy Dad 3
Homeless Shelter 17 hr Shasta McNasty 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Braidwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000