Blinded By The Light

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

What's your favorite childhood memory? Mine is remembering how hard that we had it growing up and being happy to get one gift for Christmas, a teddy bear. I was on top of the world.
I remember

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

I remember being able to go to bed without locking my doors, I remember being able to stop and pick up a nieghbor that was thumbing without worrying. i remember being able to send my kids to school and not worrying about shootings and hostage situations. Ah, the good ol days.
Blinded By The Light

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

I remember wrote:
I remember being able to go to bed without locking my doors, I remember being able to stop and pick up a nieghbor that was thumbing without worrying. i remember being able to send my kids to school and not worrying about shootings and hostage situations. Ah, the good ol days.
So true.
sport

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

I remember wrote:
These are the things that we all remember and miss the most. Something our grand children will only hear us talk about and never will be able to experience.
Sick and Tired

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

My fondest memorys were when Dad would play Rummy with us..we played on teams..and Dad and my Brother when the house champions..lol
Poor ole Mom never did catch on too good..lol..but God how much fun we had.
Dad worked in the mines my whole life and what little time he was at home he made the best of it.
As a teenager I use to think I had the strictest parents ever, but as I look back I had the best parents. They made sure we always had everything we needed..and even some of what we wanted.
We had some hard times, but all the money in the world wouldnt of made my childhood any better that what it was.
Blinded By The Light

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Sick and Tired wrote:
My fondest memorys were when Dad would play Rummy with us..we played on teams..and Dad and my Brother when the house champions..lol
Poor ole Mom never did catch on too good..lol..but God how much fun we had.
Dad worked in the mines my whole life and what little time he was at home he made the best of it.
As a teenager I use to think I had the strictest parents ever, but as I look back I had the best parents. They made sure we always had everything we needed..and even some of what we wanted.
We had some hard times, but all the money in the world wouldnt of made my childhood any better that what it was.
This is a wonderful memory and I agree with what you said about all the money in the world wouldn't of made my childhood any better than it was.
Time passes much too quickly.
james

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

my dad had an old mule when I was a little younger and my sister vicki kept wanting to ride it. she aggervated me so bad till I put her on it and no sooner she got on it, I slapped it on the hind end and off down the road she went and that mule was running about 20 mph. she was screaming every step of the way. I finally caught up with them after about 2 miles and when I got home my dad whipped me so hard till I couldnt sit down for a week. so until day my sister wont get on a mule or horse around me. that is one whippen that I didnt mind getting. because that was very funny. and my sister never asked me to ride anything again. I hope you liked this funny story and it really happened. and this is one of my fondest memories that i have.
Sick and Tired

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

james wrote:
my dad had an old mule when I was a little younger and my sister vicki kept wanting to ride it. she aggervated me so bad till I put her on it and no sooner she got on it, I slapped it on the hind end and off down the road she went and that mule was running about 20 mph. she was screaming every step of the way. I finally caught up with them after about 2 miles and when I got home my dad whipped me so hard till I couldnt sit down for a week. so until day my sister wont get on a mule or horse around me. that is one whippen that I didnt mind getting. because that was very funny. and my sister never asked me to ride anything again. I hope you liked this funny story and it really happened. and this is one of my fondest memories that i have.
Thats so funny..lol..Gosh things like that happened with my brother and sisters too. dad use to go to the stock market and back then you could get a pony for $10 or $15 and he'd buy 3 or 4 and God knows how we survived the stuff we did..lol
One winter we hooked an old sleigh to one of them stubborn ponys and we sleighed all day..
I love this thread. I love remembering all those old stupid things we did.
james

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Judged:

I did alot of stupid things when I was young. My brother used to beat up on me all the time when we were little. I got tired of it so I came up with a plan. Every nite my brother would strip off into his underwear and so I got a whole feed sack full of chestnuts with the prickly hulls on them and I put them under his sheet on the bed and then I made the bed up real nice and neat and I was up on the top bunk waiting for him to jump into his bed and so when he came into the bedroom and stripped into his underwear I was trying so hard to not give it away because I was about to die of laughter. So when he pulled back the cover and jumped into bed he came out of there screaming and it looked like someone shot him with a bee bee gun about a million times. When he was screaming I was laughing so hard, I gave myself away and then he beat me up. that is one time i didnt mind getting my hind end kicked..lol. and after that he started checking his bed before he would jump into it. lol. thanks for reading my stories and this really did happen.
carebear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Gosh I have afew.. But I guess the most special memory would be the very last christmas that I spent with my daddy. I was seven years old. I slept in the bed with my sister that night. We had on matching pj's. My brother came in and woke us up, and told us to look under the tree. We were all so excited. We ripped those christmas gifts open so fast. lol...And I remember sitting on daddys lap, playing with my doll babies. God love his heart, I know he got tired of playing dolls. lol
carebear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

James that is funny! I used to want to hang around with my brother when I was little. I would annoy him so bad. He and his buddies were going fishing one time. I wanted to go. He told me if I would get him a bunch of worms, he would let me go. I dug up a bunch of worms, and put them into a bucket.(wouldnt dare do that now) He came to get them, and told me I couldnt go. I was so mad at me. I followed him to the river anyway. He got mad at me, and threw me into the river, and yelled, "sink or swim!" I was only about 8 or 9, I was bobbing up and down. lol.. Oh he was in big trouble for that! Shew.. those were the days.
Homerline

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

My favorite childhood memory is when a girl older than me mad fun of me.I burst into tears and turned around to run home.When I turned,my little brother was standing there and I had never heard him cuss,but it was flowing out of his mouth like a raging river.I was afraid daddy would hear him and kill him.He scared the girl so much that she would never look at me again.Wish now that I know more about life that she would try it again.lol.
CarrotCake

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Being able to go outside and play...in the yard...woods...wherever and my parents not having to worry like I do about mine now....and My Little Pony....I loved them....
good ol days

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

mine would be when my grandpa would take me and my cousins to drive the car up beartown mountain..hearing him tell us stories from when he was young and shooting a hole in his camper with a home bow and arrow he made me out of a skinny little tree from beartown mountian!! lol those were the best times and i didnt even realize it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Bradshaw Forum right now

Search the Bradshaw Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 10 min Mgtn Res 43,747
WV 2 dead in explosion at W.Va. chemical plant (Dec '10) 15 min jimmy love found raped 3,900
relax baby u on zanaxxs.. 12 hr all the money 3
who is the crack rabbit? 16 hr Bunny Rabbitt 12
did amity rife mcclanahan &zack rife rob grandp... (Jun '11) 17 hr Bunny Rabbitt 25
Officials on lookout for missing McDowell teen Sat DNA 4
Leona Cooper Sat this is true 11
•••
•••
•••
Bradshaw Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bradshaw Jobs

•••
•••