bradshaw in the 70's and early 80's t...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LORETTA MUNCY

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#21 Jan 6, 2011
all the money wrote:
<quoted text>well miss u mentioned the teen queenthat shows your age....u mentioned dreama miller that shows your age and your friends.....soon ill have a complete profile on u........so the other day did he mentioned me???....u no I no...don't u???...he lies to 2 or 3 people about him but u and I no ..........is he a good guy???...they say he looks like his brother does he???.......how long have y'all been having sex?...lol....is the doll in the same room???.....do u let cooter watch or do u put him out of the room????......happy new year
Everyone knows my age no big deal!Everyone knows me i lived in coal camp moved to maryland in 67 go home all the time.love seeing my friends and family down there.do u live there?and i dont kiss and tell guess u will have to ask the rabbit and cooter??

“treat me nice”

Level 2

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#22 Jan 6, 2011
Good Days Good Times wrote:
<quoted text>Lord David,To sit and think about the good days,makes me so sad.I can remember it like it was yesterday.Thinking about all the good times we had at the Boars nest,Acies,Country Kitchen.and we could have the best time just sitting beside the roads,drinking and having a good ole time.And you was a lil younger than most of us,but you fit right in,and was always the clown,that everybody really liked.but to sit and think about all the good times,and they are gone,and will never be back.all the good times at Rogers place running with a bunch of good ole boys.this younger generation will never know what good times really are.The good days and the good times are gone,but those good ole memories will always be there.You were and will always be a good friend.I hate so bad that I didnt get up with you while you were there in Bradshaw.someone said that you may move back,is this true?I will keep in touch,my old time friend!!
lol.. u r right........eddie addiar made more money and put more people to work sitting on a bar stool in bradshaw then he ever did running up to a mines..........it was a social gathering place.....I like to have a bar in string town some where........I loved watching them shoot pool........a good 9 ball game......randolf .james..allen cooper.loyd hughes.bill christan.lil bub.ruffus mullens.stout.larry blankenship.harold folley..........annd let's don't forget the el rancho.....pete was a good 1she used to feed me and put me to work cleaning the lot off after the weekend........but it was a job creating, good friends bullshiitng ....but they all worked.....
linda stacy gross

High Point, NC

#23 Jan 6, 2011
i have lots of great memories of jolo/bradshaw i had great friends an neighbors it is unbelieveable how people change places.but i still love to come home an see my home town an friends
freddy jackson

United States

#24 Jan 8, 2011
even though i grew up in the suburbs of bradshaw{bartley}.i had a many great friends in that wonderful community. and in the 70's and early 80's i had so many wonderful ones.thanks bradshaw and the old gang i ran with for all the memories for that is all i have now is just memories.
memorylane

Lexington, MA

#25 Jan 10, 2011
Nathan B Forrest wrote:
Burl Laxton put a stop to that nonsense. That was the best thing that ever happened to Bradshaw.
Tomcat didn't have to many road stops after he kissed that telephone pole.
Funny how you would mention one of the most crooked people in the town of Bradshaw put a stop to the nonsense. Truth be known is that he just got too old to cause the nonsense and probably stopped it for no other reason than that. Anyone remember when he and his buddy Isom crossed Clarence Shelton? Most of ole Burl's plumbing had to be redone thanks to that little incident. At least you could take Tomcat at face value which is a hell of a lot more than you can say about Burl Laxton,(a.k.a. Buford Pusser) cleaning up Bradshaw. At least that's who it seems you want him to sound like.
Paul Wayne

Lorton, VA

#26 May 18, 2011
all the money wrote:
<quoted text>lol.. u r right........eddie addiar made more money and put more people to work sitting on a bar stool in bradshaw then he ever did running up to a mines..........it was a social gathering place.....I like to have a bar in string town some where........I loved watching them shoot pool........a good 9 ball game......randolf .james..allen cooper.loyd hughes.bill christan.lil bub.ruffus mullens.stout.larry blankenship.harold folley..........annd let's don't forget the el rancho.....pete was a good 1she used to feed me and put me to work cleaning the lot off after the weekend........but it was a job creating, good friends bullshiitng ....but they all worked.....
R.I.P.Bradshaw,W.Va.

“treat me nice”

Level 2

Location hidden

#27 May 19, 2011
Paul Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>R.I.P.Bradshaw,W.Va.
paul wayne we lost 2 good friends last week.......james harvey and roger..........hope u and yours are ok.....
Evel Martini

Marietta, GA

#28 May 23, 2011
My Grandmother opened the ElRancho and also owned the Miss America Beauty Shop. One of my very first memories is of sitting in the ElRancho when I was 2 or 3. I also vividly remember the Theater my uncle Absalom owned. Bradshaw had some bustle to it then. I've lived in Akron just about my whole life but Bradshaw was a big part of my life when I was very young.
remembering

Hansford, WV

#29 May 24, 2011
i rememberwhen tommy poore ran a place in bradshaw its now the laundry mat and me and my girlfriends would go in there and tommy was all over us,is he still the pervert he was back then,gosh

“treat me nice”

Level 2

Location hidden

#30 May 24, 2011
Evel Martini wrote:
My Grandmother opened the ElRancho and also owned the Miss America Beauty Shop. One of my very first memories is of sitting in the ElRancho when I was 2 or 3. I also vividly remember the Theater my uncle Absalom owned. Bradshaw had some bustle to it then. I've lived in Akron just about my whole life but Bradshaw was a big part of my life when I was very young.
evel we need more like those 2......can u call back to the old country or florida and see if they will send a couple more?.........he builtttttt and employed and spent money on entertainment....housing.....a nd property..........absalom pushed his money around and every body that has followed him sits on there's........ The town doesn't grow its in limbo.......they need so much in that town and nobody knows where to start..........if u get a chance to go see the big school they built I wish heeeeee could see it he would know rite off what was needed to make a buck..........I drive by the elrancho and I close my eyes......just go thru town and u will see the owners don't want to spend money every body is waiting for the state to buy them out of dead realestate.........
Remember

New Hope, VA

#31 May 28, 2011
Jones Ford, Bradshaw Elementary School, Bradshaw Jr. High, Ben Franklin (the dime store), L&R, IGA, El Rancho, Bradshaw Park... Good times.
MaYbE

United States

#32 Jun 24, 2011
all the money wrote:
<quoted text>evel we need more like those 2......can u call back to the old country or florida and see if they will send a couple more?.........he builtttttt and employed and spent money on entertainment....housing.....a nd property..........absalom pushed his money around and every body that has followed him sits on there's........ The town doesn't grow its in limbo.......they need so much in that town and nobody knows where to start..........if u get a chance to go see the big school they built I wish heeeeee could see it he would know rite off what was needed to make a buck..........I drive by the elrancho and I close my eyes......just go thru town and u will see the owners don't want to spend money every body is waiting for the state to buy them out of dead realestate.........
Its a good thing the kids have a new school, of course...but what about the town they live in, or pass by going to school?!!! Its ashame, an embarresssssment!! When we grew up going to the town of Bradshaw was a big thing!! All the stores open, people walking down the streets, shoppping, talking, it was a beautiful place!! It breaks my heart to see it now! Now people drive miles to shop...when we used to interact with our friends, neighbors, spend money in our town...someone said how Lacy Wright at L&R used to say write up a ticket...thats what our town used to be...everyone looking out for eachother, an being able to trust that ticket would get paid!! Adults looking out for everyone's kids, an telling ur parents if u did sumthing, an ur parents knew before u even got home, or came an got ur butt! I used to hate that, now I understand it...an would give anything, if that was how life was, today!! I wish I could get the old run down buildings back to life an get life back into the town of Bradshaw...but its sad to say, we can't get the same life back into the people, like the people back in those days!! an what people are left are to afraid of the people that will rob u while standing talking to u! Its the same place I grew up when looking on the map, but it is so run down, its almost like a ghost town!! It hurts to look at it now!! No more picking up people walking, giving them a ride down the road, bc now u dont no what that person is going to do! Back then if someone needed a ride, they'd give u a ride all the way to the place u were going! Pick up ur kids after school, or after school practice for whatever sport u stayed after for...with practically whoever picked u up...now u can't trust ur kids getting into the car with some of the people! Bradshaw was home, an it felt like home...not anymore, its a wonderful memory, but just that...a MEMORY of what it once was!
dallas

Roanoke, VA

#33 Jun 24, 2011
can anybody pinpoint exactly when this town started falling apart?
Reverend Bizarre

Alexandria, VA

#34 Jun 30, 2011
Buddy Woods is my best memory

“HobertC The1Great AwesomeOne ”

Level 9

Since: Apr 08

Welch WV

#35 Aug 12, 2011
I remember going to my grandmas she lived over on the hill in Coal Camp... lived across from the fire station.. she lived everywhere in Bradshaw. Moved about 5 or 6 times maybe more before I was 11..
Casanova

United States

#36 Aug 12, 2011
Dating all the pretty girls back then, Now live elsewhere. But they were the most beautiful than any I have. Ever seen
guidinglight

United States

#37 Aug 12, 2011
I came to Bradshaw in 1974 when my Grandpa Ed Blevins had a stroke and my Granny Tish was also in the hospital in Welch. Granny had been a midwife and delivered many babies. She also sewed for folks and made the cheerleaders uniforms. I met a young man who lived just below my grandparents home. His name was Robert Payne. Does anyone know him or his whereabouts? I had quite a crush on him. Does anyone know of my Blevins family?
Have The Love

Hurricane, WV

#38 Aug 12, 2011
I remember going to Bradshaw grade school and my grandma and grandpa lived beside the school and he would always bring us stuff to the fence and give it to us I thought that we was special LOL But them was the good ole days.

“HobertC The1Great AwesomeOne ”

Level 9

Since: Apr 08

Welch WV

#39 Aug 18, 2011
Bradshaw was the place to be in the 80s...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bradshaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BOLD and TRYING (Mar '11) 11 min TRYING-_3 20,247
News Voters to decide fate of West Virginia's road bond 1 hr vote yes 3
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 2 hr Weepy 40,222
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 2 hr Mark mark 40,255
Welch gas cop op 22 hr MR Truth N Conque... 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Fri The monster 4,243
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) Thu Princess Hey 7,091

Bradshaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance