Why do people believe their own lies?

Why do people believe their own lies?

Posted in the Bradshaw Forum

wondering

United States

#1 Nov 18, 2008
Please help me why do men an woman tell a lie an back it up until the end over simple things not cheating just stupit things.An as soon as they lie they believe it their selves?Does this mean they are just flat our liers?
STONE COLD

United States

#2 Nov 18, 2008
you lissen here if I tell you a big lie
you better believe it OK SO I wont be wasteing
my time when I tell a lie its the truth realy
I was out with your spouse the other day sorry
nana a

Ithaca, NY

#3 Nov 19, 2008
sometimes people will lie to feel important..trying to cover up their own insecurities...just love them anyway..what the old say "got to love a lier"
ole pocahontas

Lorton, VA

#4 Nov 19, 2008
it's better to say thats my story & i'm sticking to it.
wild eyed country girl

Verona, PA

#5 Nov 19, 2008
maybe they tell them so much that they do not know any other way to act. and like someone else said they just tell them to act like they are someone.
wondering

United States

#6 Nov 19, 2008
The lies i am hearing ruined my marrige completly i am so agervated i can not stand myself it is killing me.

“Be nice.....”

Since: Dec 07

Lex

#7 Nov 19, 2008
wondering wrote:
The lies i am hearing ruined my marrige completly i am so agervated i can not stand myself it is killing me.
I'd venture to say you know what the truth is...the heart is seldom wrong...if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck...chances are it's a duck...go with your instincts. And remember....more then not, there is a grain of truth in every lie/story told.
Lisa

Goldsboro, NC

#8 Nov 19, 2008
wondering wrote:
Please help me why do men an woman tell a lie an back it up until the end over simple things not cheating just stupit things.An as soon as they lie they believe it their selves?Does this mean they are just flat our liers?
My father is good at telling lies. Even swearing on his kids life that it is the truth. "Of course it is not". We ask why he tells lies and goes along with his girlfriend that does also. He just looks at us. Sometimes it is best to stay away from those that can hurt through their tongue.
wondering

United States

#9 Nov 19, 2008
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>My father is good at telling lies. Even swearing on his kids life that it is the truth. "Of course it is not". We ask why he tells lies and goes along with his girlfriend that does also. He just looks at us. Sometimes it is best to stay away from those that can hurt through their tongue.
Men dont know just how bad a lie can hurt some one i proved the lie to be the truth an he still says he didnt lie i swear i dunno what to do i have put up with this so long i dunno what to do with my self i went out an bought a 42.00 drug test to prove that i knew he was high an when he took the test it came back positive i took my last 42.00 to purchase the test an i could have taken it back before it was used but he insisted he was not on anything then he took the test an failed an still acts like i am stupit.

“Be nice.....”

Since: Dec 07

Lex

#10 Nov 19, 2008
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Men dont know just how bad a lie can hurt some one i proved the lie to be the truth an he still says he didnt lie i swear i dunno what to do i have put up with this so long i dunno what to do with my self i went out an bought a 42.00 drug test to prove that i knew he was high an when he took the test it came back positive i took my last 42.00 to purchase the test an i could have taken it back before it was used but he insisted he was not on anything then he took the test an failed an still acts like i am stupit.
I knew you knew what the truth was...why are you beating yourself up over this....he's obviously the one that f'd up...let him own it....NOT you...it wasn't the "lie" that ruined your marriage...it was that fact that he's "using" that ruined it....which was HIM...NOT you...
buickman

United States

#11 Jun 24, 2011
People who lie about almost every thing don't care who they hurt. When they are caught. "It's not what it looks like" don't be stupid are you crazy you need help. She gets in my face yelling trying to intimidate me making you feel two inches tall then stops talking and treating me like it's me not her that has the problem. It goes on and on and will never stop
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Men dont know just how bad a lie can hurt some one i proved the lie to be the truth an he still says he didnt lie i swear i dunno what to do i have put up with this so long i dunno what to do with my self i went out an bought a 42.00 drug test to prove that i knew he was high an when he took the test it came back positive i took my last 42.00 to purchase the test an i could have taken it back before it was used but he insisted he was not on anything then he took the test an failed an still acts like i am stupit.
buickman

Granite City, IL

#12 Jun 24, 2011
To continue! I think liers believe every word they say if not why are thay so good at it or is our self-esteem that low we let so-called loved ones treat us that way. Does it come from our upbringing being put down when we know were right.( in my case anyway.) In my case i should opend my eyes from the start, looking back now how did i miss it.
c_carver

United States

#13 Jan 5, 2013
wondering wrote:
I been going thru the same thing. A lady that worked with my husband told all kinds if lies to everyone about her and my husband having an affair for 2yrs. Found out that it was ALL LIES after it ruined my marriage and my feelings for him. But people said words can't hurt you but hell yeah they can. I rather be beat than go thru that pain afain.
2 posts removed
cherry o

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Jan 13, 2013
c_carver wrote:
<quoted text>I been going thru the same thing. A lady that worked with my husband told all kinds if lies to everyone about her and my husband having an affair for 2yrs. Found out that it was ALL LIES after it ruined my marriage and my feelings for him. But people said words can't hurt you but hell yeah they can. I rather be beat than go thru that pain afain.
bump
say u

Richmond, VA

#17 Jan 13, 2013
Lies are awful and. Can hurt

when you r like the 2 little girls that live with the big fat red faced woman that does nothing but bad mouth , anyone that will listen tired of lies on the children if you don't want them can give them to someone thAT do do you really think we care about your lies and when you talk it back in you just like you hate them
woundering

Powellton, WV

#18 Jan 14, 2013
pamperedbiker wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you knew what the truth was...why are you beating yourself up over this....he's obviously the one that f'd up...let him own it....NOT you...it wasn't the "lie" that ruined your marriage...it was that fact that he's "using" that ruined it....which was HIM...NOT you...
I'm in the same boat my woman was using an didn't find it out till she OD we have went our separate ways
Not in Bradshaw

Jonesborough, TN

#19 Jan 20, 2013
say u wrote:
Lies are awful and. Can hurt
when you r like the 2 little girls that live with the big fat red faced woman that does nothing but bad mouth , anyone that will listen tired of lies on the children if you don't want them can give them to someone thAT do do you really think we care about your lies and when you talk it back in you just like you hate them
The only BIG Fat red face woman that I know who has taken in two little girls and bad mouths them to any one and everyone who will listen does not live here in Bradshaw she lives in Raysal . And you are right she talks about those two worse then people speak about there dogs .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bradshaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BOLD and TRYING (Mar '11) 11 min Weepy 19,994
Welch Community n 6 hr Hospital 12
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 7 hr Zani Grey 7,084
Mike Green (Feb '14) 8 hr Old friends 7
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 9 hr RSM 4,245
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 12 hr God bless Trump 40,130
head of the dragon 12 hr Jackies Harley 3

Bradshaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance