Chicago Heights mayor to succeed Scul...

Chicago Heights mayor to succeed Scully in House

There are 16 comments on the The SouthtownStar story from Mar 7, 2009, titled Chicago Heights mayor to succeed Scully in House. In it, The SouthtownStar reports that:

Local Democratic leaders on Friday named Chicago Heights Mayor Anthony DeLuca to the Illinois House before an enthusiastic standing-room-only audience.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The SouthtownStar.

Honest Citizen

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 7, 2009
It was said in the article that Deluca's appointment to Scullys seat is a TRAVESTY. This is an understatement. What the appointment of Deluca shows is that Bloom Township Democratic Commiteemen Terry Matthews is also an untrustworthy individual and people should take note that the Bloom Township Democrats is nothing but Crooked organization who aims to fill vacant seats and postions through there good ol boy network.

DeLuca is bold face liar he is Fox News, George Bush loving Republican. Lying and decieving his way to career advancement. Total Disgrace.
really

Chicago, IL

#2 Mar 7, 2009
Who is the next Chicago Heights Mayor???????
UnoDosTres

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 7, 2009
Who knows? But one things for sure, there is no shortage of incompetent pinheads, who are salivating for their shot to be Corrupter In Chief
really

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 7, 2009
I heard Perez? Is there any truth to that?
really

Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 7, 2009
So it looks like the Chief and Deputy Chief of police will be changed? Who would be next in line?
UnoDosTres

Chicago, IL

#6 Mar 7, 2009
I do not have any idea whom will be the next mayor. CH will not be conducting a special election, atleast as far as know, so someone from within DeLuca's circle will likely be appointed. As far as a change in Police Chief, and Deputy Chief, I do not think a change will happen, just because there is a "new" mayor, as this person will have not been elected, and comes from the same circle. If current chief and deputy chief retire then obviously there will be some different faces.
proud of city

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 7, 2009
really wrote:
Who is the next Chicago Heights Mayor???????
Will be an aldermen according to the rules. hehehe com on willie white!!!
Tis of thee

Chicago, IL

#8 Mar 7, 2009
Boycott Bloom Township Democrats!
really

Chicago, IL

#9 Mar 7, 2009
Ok then it leaves Lopez,Faso and White. As I do not know any of them who would be the best fit??????????
really

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 7, 2009
Why is everyone dooming Deluca? He did alot of good for the Heights as cleaning it up. However, Him going to the Illinois House of Reps will benefit the city of Chicago Heights in the long run. Just hope whoever he appoints keeps the same idea of rebuilding the hts.
tex

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 7, 2009
really wrote:
Why is everyone dooming Deluca? He did alot of good for the Heights as cleaning it up. However, Him going to the Illinois House of Reps will benefit the city of Chicago Heights in the long run. Just hope whoever he appoints keeps the same idea of rebuilding the hts.
Please see "Some Dems Object to potential Deluca appointment"

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1459015,030...
proud of city

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 8, 2009
sorry only one last night!
KLH1

Homewood, IL

#15 Apr 8, 2009
I'm so disappointed in the leadership in this community. Back-door deals, hung ballots, sell-out politicians and the list keeps going. When will this stop. When will some of these "politcal leaders" realize this is not the God Father. People arent stupid. We whats going on, people are just too fearful to speak up and why I dont know. What they gone do kill you. Anthony, Terry, all of them know they are just in it for a selected few. not to sound racist because im not, but it almost seems as if your last name dosen't end in a vowel you dont mean much in Chicago Heights.
Insider

United States

#16 Apr 9, 2009
Where do you come up with this conspiracy theory garbage? Noone has been accused or charged of any wrong-doing since DeLuca became Mayor--noone. Ciambrone was convicted of political firing and had to pay a fine. You may not have liked some of DeLuca's decisions, or his appointments, but it is impossible to deny he has done very well for Chicago Heights. Matthews name ends with S--Gonzalez ends in Z--Somer ends in R--see my point, you are just dumb.
Truefact

United States

#17 Apr 11, 2009
The Hts needs to appoint Aprati and stay away from the other two yoyo alderman!
Love

Chicago Heights, IL

#18 Apr 12, 2009
I agree. She is the best choice to continue DeLuca's good work. She has said it publicly and I believe her. It will be tough to follow DeLuca but Aprati will be the best shot.

Wanda Rodgers and Willie White work for Lopez at the Park District. I wonder who they will be voting for for Mayor? What a joke, two Alderman who are employees of another Alderman who needs there vote to become Mayor. What a sham! Isn't that illegal or unethical?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bradley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Heatherwick Apr 30 beatyameat 2
the fire men Apr 28 onsloth 4
Cow milking contest in Peotone Apr 26 Just me 2
Review: Laborers Local 751 (Jan '15) Apr 26 LaRue Benigh 5
News College News Apr 25 Normal Person 4
Sun River Terrace Apr 23 mandown 5
treason Apr 22 openeyes 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bradley Mortgages