Illiana: Us or none

Illiana: Us or none

There are 22 comments on the Free Press story from Oct 10, 2012, titled Illiana: Us or none. In it, Free Press reports that:

Staff report Plans for construction of the Illiana Expressway were narrowed Tuesday: build it near Wilmington or not at all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Watch i think its coming

Villa Park, IL

#1 Oct 11, 2012
Here it comes this is a oneway freight train with no brakes read the story it is a no brainer!!!! 60 days away from official corrider
Curious

Calumet City, IL

#2 Oct 11, 2012
Watch i think its coming wrote:
Here it comes this is a oneway freight train with no brakes read the story it is a no brainer!!!! 60 days away from official corrider
Read what story??
Watch i think its coming

Villa Park, IL

#3 Oct 11, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what story??
THE STORY (ILLIANNA US OR NONE)AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE
Smiley

Peotone, IL

#4 Nov 2, 2012
BUILD IT!!!
wilmo

Addison, IL

#5 Nov 3, 2012
Lets build it now it won't hurt anything its only going to help!!!
Jor

Wilmington, IL

#7 Nov 4, 2012
Do the supporters of the Illiana realize this is going to be a toll road?
Stegerfox

Homewood, IL

#8 Nov 4, 2012
who cares? we need the businesses out here!!!!
wilmo

Addison, IL

#9 Nov 5, 2012
Jor wrote:
Do the supporters of the Illiana realize this is going to be a toll road?
So what !!!!
Mike

Peotone, IL

#10 Jan 10, 2013
Toll road, free road ... Build it!!!
Nah

Calumet City, IL

#11 Jan 11, 2013
Stegerfox wrote:
who cares? we need the businesses out here!!!!
Don't expect miracles. They promised businesses and prosperity when they built the I355 extension, and it has amounted to zilch in terms of growth. The Chicago Tribune had a very enlightening story about it last fall. Check it out if you don't believe me.
BUILD IT WILL YA

Carol Stream, IL

#12 Jan 15, 2013
GET BUSY BUILD IT NOW
susie

Mokena, IL

#13 Jan 30, 2013
Nah wrote:
<quoted text>Don't expect miracles. They promised businesses and prosperity when they built the I355 extension, and it has amounted to zilch in terms of growth. The Chicago Tribune had a very enlightening story about it last fall. Check it out if you don't believe me.
It has actually added a lot more residents to the Frankfort area. I hope they build it.
Watcher

Calumet City, IL

#14 Jan 30, 2013
susie wrote:
<quoted text>
It has actually added a lot more residents to the Frankfort area. I hope they build it.
No, that is not why Frankfort's population increased. Nothing to do with it, as a matter of fact. People don't move to an area because of an expressway/tollway. People moved to Frankfort because of its reputation for upscale living, schools, absence of gangs and violence. But not for a road!
Noo

Manhattan, IL

#15 Jan 31, 2013
I moved out to the country to get away from the busy every day life. First the road and then the airport in peotone which equals more traffic and trucks. No business's are going to build now, most of them are downsizing.
Neighbors to the south

Peotone, IL

#16 Mar 10, 2013
Build it!!!! I wish they would extend 355 to 57 also.
South Sider

Lansing, MI

#17 Apr 2, 2013
Build it- right through the fine neighbors house in Manteno! Think of your neighbors-oh, I forgot it is OK to ruin an area, produce congestion, crime, noise and future blight, as long as it is not crushing or destroying your house or area. After all, it will produce all those jobs-which seem to pay substandard wages and these companies seem to hire a disproportionate amount of cheap desperate illegal labor. Think about these poorly maintained noisy trucks destroying the quiet. Think about the bright lights taking away the view of the night sky,in an area that is known to be one of the best star gazing areas in northern Illinois. Think about these poorly maintained trucks ruining all the other roads in the area, as well as the safety hazards these trucks will present on local roads. JUST THINK!! You will not ever be able to undo the damage this road will inflict.
Lettuce be serious

Wilmington, IL

#18 Apr 2, 2013
South Sider wrote:
Build it- right through the fine neighbors house in Manteno! Think of your neighbors-oh, I forgot it is OK to ruin an area, produce congestion, crime, noise and future blight, as long as it is not crushing or destroying your house or area. After all, it will produce all those jobs-which seem to pay substandard wages and these companies seem to hire a disproportionate amount of cheap desperate illegal labor. Think about these poorly maintained noisy trucks destroying the quiet. Think about the bright lights taking away the view of the night sky,in an area that is known to be one of the best star gazing areas in northern Illinois. Think about these poorly maintained trucks ruining all the other roads in the area, as well as the safety hazards these trucks will present on local roads. JUST THINK!! You will not ever be able to undo the damage this road will inflict.
I sure hope you never drive on any highways in your day to day life, since they're so evil and all.
Wildcat Fan!

Coal City, IL

#19 Apr 2, 2013
53 is already a mess what is everyone scared about? It's not like it's going to bring semi's...they are already here!
iybitwc

Chicago, IL

#20 Apr 2, 2013
If you build it they will come.
MyWindyCity

Chicago, IL

#21 Apr 8, 2013
South Sider wrote:
You're so right, we should be demolishing interstates instead of building more. According to your flawless logic, that would reduce crime, congestion, noise, blight, broken down trucks, etc. We need to go back to horse and buggies, they didn't destroy the roads like trucks do. They also don't have headlights on them so it won't stop anyone from the super productive job of star gazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bradley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
manteno police sexual assault case - gagnon & f... (Feb '14) Jul 1 Liza Porche 15
Shawn Vangilder (Fish) (Mar '12) Jun 28 Shawn VanGilder 24
peotone park Jun 25 Barbsucks 15
Junky Jun 18 peotone-sucks 1
My Dear California Jun 13 KankaFred 3
Slum & Crooked Landlords Jun 13 KankaFred 5
Review: Laborers Local 751 Jun 12 751 laborer 2
More from around the web

Bradley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Bradley Mortgages