First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wanda

Bald Knob, AR

#1 Jul 21, 2012
hey, any one know about home schooling? i am thinking of home schooling.
taterbug

United States

#2 Jul 21, 2012
buy the curriculum, follow it, and youre good. Not recomended for lazy people.
Van

Bald Knob, AR

#3 Jul 22, 2012
You will also need to print the home schooling paper work off of the deparment of education web site and turn it into the school a couple weeks before school begins. There are lots of web sites and other resources for home schooling. There is also a program in searcy that support and aids home schooling.

United States

#4 Jul 22, 2012
Homeschool paperwork should be completed by a certain date for the beginning of school; however, if you don't meet that date the only thing the school can do is make you wait two weeks. They CANNOT say no! Basically, all the paperwork is for is to say that the school is not responsible for the education of your child. They will ask who is teaching your child, what will you be teaching, what days and how many hours a day. How you do it is up to you! You can buy homeschool stuff online or Mardels! You can get stuff from the internet. The Dept of Ed has info. But it's all on YOU!
guest 2

Jacksonville, AR

#5 Jul 22, 2012
And very very very few people are capable of home schooling their children or the discipline it takes to accomplish it

United States

#6 Jul 22, 2012
guest 2 wrote:
And very very very few people are capable of home schooling their children or the discipline it takes to accomplish it
Exactly, it takes a lot of work, organization, self-discipline, etc. If you can't get your kids to clean their room without being told, don't waste your time trying to homeschool them. Lol
Van

Bald Knob, AR

#7 Jul 22, 2012
I agree, it does take a lot of work to home school your child but it is also very rewarding. Your child will benefit from the one on one interaction and form a closer relationship with the parent/guardian. There are pros and cons to both home school and public school. However, I do not agree with the statment that was posted about not trying HS if your child doesnt clean their room without being told because most child do not like to clean. Good parents know that they are "parents" and will be making their children do what is good for them, not letting them do what they want to. Public School today is very fast paced making it hard for even the teachers to keep up with, I can only imagine how confused our children must be. It is your right as a parent to home school so dont be discoraged into not doing it if that is what you feel is right for your child. I will be home schooling my child this year.
wanda

Bald Knob, AR

#8 Jul 23, 2012
thanks to everyone who answered question, helped a lot.
cathy

Jacksonville, AR

#9 Jul 28, 2012
any one home schooling this year??
whaaaat

Jacksonville, AR

#10 Aug 6, 2012
cathy wrote:
any one home schooling this year??
you sure dont have enough sense to home school your kids -
cathy

Jacksonville, AR

#11 Sep 2, 2012
whaaaat wrote:
<quoted text>you sure dont have enough sense to home school your kids -
you don't even know me !!!!!!!!!!
Eunice

Jacksonville, AR

#12 Sep 2, 2012
Oh but I do!
Van

Jacksonville, AR

#13 Sep 3, 2012
Need help get on net.
mad max

United States

#14 Sep 3, 2012
Brandon doesn't want homeschooled
cathy

Jacksonville, AR

#15 Sep 3, 2012
i do gooder
dj

Euless, TX

#16 Sep 10, 2012
I s home skilled n I s do ok
George

United States

#17 Oct 11, 2012
Go on ahead and home school your child if you want them to be weird and not know how to coop in society when they grow up!!! That's the benifit of public school. Social skills. Learning how to deal with different people not just mom!
wanda

Dumas, AR

#18 Oct 11, 2012
George wrote:
Go on ahead and home school your child if you want them to be weird and not know how to coop in society when they grow up!!! That's the benifit of public school. Social skills. Learning how to deal with different people not just mom!
you got to be kidding? kids home schooled being weird, can not coop in society, social skills, deal with people, never heard of a home schooled child going and killing a bunch of kids, have you?? and do you know any home school kids? must not or you would not say that.
Actually

Judsonia, AR

#19 Oct 11, 2012
I know quite a few home schooled kids.. They are weird. Sheltered acting.. Don't understand a lot of things.
really

United States

#20 Oct 12, 2012
Tim Tebow was homeschooled. Seems to have worked pretty well for him, but you probably think hes a weirdo too making all that Money an stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bradford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
renee nance turned needle Junkie 4 hr Heather 8
Amanda Ponder?? 7 hr No way 2
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 8 hr Jiffy Pop 10,025
bully workzzzxx 9 hr snap on man 5
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 11 hr sugar 29,861
two faced peopled 15 hr want out 1
Billy Hood/Reesa Moore 16 hr Sara 32
•••
•••
•••

Bradford Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bradford People Search