Boys wear baggy jeans to make fashion...

Boys wear baggy jeans to make fashion statement

There are 60 comments on the Bradenton.com story from Mar 5, 2008, titled Boys wear baggy jeans to make fashion statement. In it, Bradenton.com reports that:

We are two sixth-grade girls. We are wondering - why do boys sag? Their underwear is ugly, and no one finds pleasure in looking at it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bradenton.com.

Greg

Wimauma, FL

#21 Jul 30, 2008
angie wrote:
the baggy jeans is an old jail thing. it was actaully for the homosexuals. they wore there pants low as a symbol of being homosexuals. but of course it has been adapted as a fashion. i was just watching the news and over heard they want to make it illegal to wear baggy pants. whats next after that... this country is going down hill... eventaully we will have no rights besides to work for low wages.
Right on Angie! It's getting bad isn't it?.... We have idiots everywhere and they want to keep bringing more in and want us to like it! Good post!!
Jumpinjim

Wimauma, FL

#22 Jul 31, 2008
Baggy pants whos wearing baggy pants?
1flippedoutchick

Paonia, CO

#23 Aug 6, 2008
Jumpinjim wrote:
Baggy pants whos wearing baggy pants?
take one wold guess??? LOL!!!!
Bobaloo

Wimauma, FL

#24 Aug 6, 2008
If I'm out and I see them baggy pants I'm going to kick some butt!
1flippedoutchick

Paonia, CO

#25 Aug 6, 2008
Bobaloo wrote:
HaHa!!!!!
nelson

Kamloops, Canada

#26 Aug 12, 2008
its nice when you bag your pants but only when you got a belt so it doest get anylower and once u start seeing your boxer then it get wannabeish and i wear nice bboxer so i dont need to worr about that

“1 John 4:4”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#27 Aug 14, 2008
Shabooba Dray wrote:
<quoted text>
Done be messen where ya don't belong saggy is da bomb!
Saggy is sloppy and when the cops chase you, it's easier for them to catch you cause your pants end up down around your ankles.
Was that you I saw the other day running with a drink in one hand and your other hand holding up your pants?

Location hidden

#28 Aug 14, 2008
Bobaloo wrote:
You must be that tough guy!!
How old are you? 14? 15?

Location hidden

#29 Aug 14, 2008
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on Angie! It's getting bad isn't it?.... We have idiots everywhere and they want to keep bringing more in and want us to like it! Good post!!
It's not the gays that wear the baggies.
It's the blacks and the wannabes.
Why? I have no clue. I told one of them at work every day to pull up his dam pants, he looked stupid.
Bobaloo

Parrish, FL

#30 Aug 14, 2008
lilaclady wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be that tough guy!!
How old are you? 14? 15?
yep! I am, and I am old enough to know not to show my butt in public!

Location hidden

#31 Aug 15, 2008
Bobaloo wrote:
<quoted text>
yep! I am, and I am old enough to know not to show my butt in public!
Showing your butt or not, the fact is, the fad is one of the stupidest looking things I've ever seen.
Back when I was a teenager, we wore bellbottoms.
They look stupid now too.
It all comes and goes.
I wonder whats next?
Bobaloo

Parrish, FL

#32 Aug 16, 2008
Yeah, but your ass wasn't showing through those bell botttoms now was it? I'm young but I know that thugs, wiggers, gangstas are the only idiots wearing these stupid looking things! These jerks come from parents that shouln't be making babies anyway! Society is filled with em....

Since: Apr 08

Kingsland, GA

#33 Aug 16, 2008
Bobaloo wrote:
Yeah, but your ass wasn't showing through those bell botttoms now was it? I'm young but I know that thugs, wiggers, gangstas are the only idiots wearing these stupid looking things! These jerks come from parents that shouln't be making babies anyway! Society is filled with em....
You are right on the money on this one!!! If you move here to the mountains you won't see any of that!!
Nick

Parrish, FL

#34 Aug 17, 2008
Most wear them because they are gay and it is easy to bring out the bum then....
Amanda Dallas TX

Dallas, TX

#35 Aug 22, 2008
First of all, sagging pants were in "style" before George W Bush became president. And no, I am not a fan of his...cant wait for him to get out of office.

The root of the baggy pants comes from culture. And not just black kids do it...that is racist to say that. White kids, and hispanic kids sag too.

I am not saying it is something I approve of, but I think out lawing someone's ability to express who they are through fashion violates our civil rights. However, I do think there are things that baggy pants can cause that are disturbing...such as gang members and trouble makers in general who happen to wear baggy pants because they think it is cool do hide weapons and drugs in them. It also seems to have some sort of sexually explicit meaning with it, which I think has a little something to do with the high numbers of teen pregnancy.

You can not bad mouth a very large group of young men who come from all different walks of life for a choice in fashion. But when the fashion starts to intrude on others, then there needs to be a solution. I do not have THE solution, but if it is such a major problem, then people should try to educate them before assuming they are only poor black kids. Look around...boys of all ages and races sag. And it might not be the parents' fault...maybe it is the fault of our very own society...that is who I blame. All these people who claim they want good but all they do is talk instead of act!

For those curious, I am a college educated young white woman who happens to be with an educated young black man, who once upon a time sagged.
Wynkie_the_Mofo_ sagger

AOL

#37 Dec 11, 2008
All who say "Colored" are Racist.Mrytle, I tink ur Racist
Mrytle

Bradenton, FL

#38 Dec 15, 2008
Wynkie_the_Mofo_sagger wrote:
All who say "Colored" are Racist.Mrytle, I tink ur Racist
Heavens no! I like all of God's creatures even the colored ones that rob and steal and beat up old people for their money. What is "Mofo sagger" mean anyway?
000091htj

Pierrefonds, Canada

#39 Feb 2, 2009
I think that its a fashion statement.
Superfly

Bradenton, FL

#40 Feb 2, 2009
This is Superfly. Why were pants if they sagging just go pant less? You're not so kool now ha ha get a grip were your pants the right way please!! No one wants to see your boxers or your boy underwears. How would you feel if your mothers walk around with no skirts on? The sagging pants are asking our men to have at you in the wrong way if you are funny. So please get a grip dont sag.Word of the day. Superfly!!
rantingshyt

San Jose, CA

#41 Jun 27, 2009
its just a phase where boys go throught in some point of there lives they start to change theres nothing wrong wif sagging your pants..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bradenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billie R. Hutchings (Aug '15) Thu hope 31
jack dowd Sep 20 took 1
Bill Warner Private investigator (May '15) Sep 20 bill warner 90
WTF is wrong with Robin Adkins? Sep 18 Blahblah547 1
News 3 Tampa Starbucks Among Those To Be Closed (Jul '08) Sep 15 Yeah MEG RYAN 49
News Deputies: 7-Eleven fatal stabbing suspects in c... (Jul '13) Sep 14 Stfu Wtf 5
Mexico Beach Music Thread Sep 12 Musikologist 1

Bradenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bradenton Mortgages