Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

by mid Feb the stores will close
33rd st
St Road 70 @ LWR area
Beneva
too bad for all total 33 stores will fire 2000 workers
They were underperforming frankly, and most of them sucked anyway and getting their azz kicked by Publix
I only feel bad for the employees, but most of them seemed to have bad attitudes anyway esp the meat department on 33rd, and LWR was not much better, Beneva hired stupid people too, just like on 33rd
monopoloies are bad

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

PUBLIX and Walmart will raise prices when there is little competition............ just like the Hollywood monopoly selling only Masada Myths and pretending that the aggressors are somehow victims. .............. see USS LIBERTY , Lavon Affair , GOLDSTONE REPORT and OPERATION GREYLORD.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Small businesses continue to open and close everyday. HOW can a small local shop compete with cheaper items similar to those in their store? They cannot, EVEN loyal customers are pitching pennies. Budgets are being drawn up and piggy banks are lean. Ya hate to do it..Super Walmart... one stop shopping.. compared to Main Street USA shops closing at five.. and you don't get off of work until seven...in one breath, you FEEL guilty... but in another the economy OVERRULES your decision of loyalty...
The Incredibile Flounder

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Never liked shopping at Sweetbay, the one they closed on University didn't have prices on many of their products, had employees that were indifferent to customers and were higher priced than other grocery stores.

People aren't going to pay a higher price for bad service, they will shop at WalMart, pay less and tolerate long checkout lines and whinny employees.
they sucked

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

remember when they were Kash-n-Karry, same bozoed-up lousy employee service and terrbile atittudes, especially when it was open on Lockwood Ridge which was practically down the street from my subdivison. I used to shop at the one on Beneva because it was closer to my house, but they began to suck as well, and their prices were not competitive.Years earlier I shopped at a GrandUnion near my house in Clwtr, and they weren't bad, but not great, then Skaggs Albertson's and they too start going straight downhill as well..but can't say I miss Sweetbay, but their parent corporation Dehaize , a Belgium company actually is a good company, but it just got its clock cleaned by Publix throughout Tampa Bay, and Publix is even building more stores and upscale ones in key communities. I can say I don't shop at Walmart, neither does nayone in my family. The area still has some definitely great Publix stores, combined with Trader Joes, Fresh Market,Whole Foods, and even low level choices such as Bravo ! ALDI (no frills, but even fresh produce), and yes, even Sav Alot (no frills, no bags, but also fresh produce), even the super Target does a decent job for certain grocery catgories. For a city the size of say a Sarasota/manatee, or a St Pete, there are some good grocery shopping choices, so good BYE to freekin SweetBay, no loss really ! some one will fill those choes easliy
richinsarasota

Venice, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

winn-dixie rocks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Bradenton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bradenton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bradenton News, Events & Info