Bed Bug Tenat Lawyer!!
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Please Help

Virgie, KY

#1 Feb 8, 2013
I live in a 4 unit apartment out of Lexington Ky. My girlfriend and I have lived here for 4 yrs. This past Aug. a young couple moved in below us who claims to have bedbugs since Oct 2012. My girlfriend got bit last Tuesday night (1-29-2013) 9 total bites on her back and shoulder She thought at first she got bit by nats we have never saw a bedbug or knew much about their bites but when she video chatted with her sister she told her they looked like bb bites (BedBugs). My girl-friend immediately flipped out and we went out and spent over 200 dollars on spray bed covers a home steamer. at first we thought we had brought them home from somewhere until the landlord came on 2-2-2013 to collect his rent we told him we had an issue that we had bedbugs because we caught one alive in our bed on 2-1-2013 and saved it in a plastic bowl with a cover. She then started to tell him how much money we had spent on trying to get rid of them then our landlord said well the people down stairs has been complaining about them too for a couple of weeks. my girlfriend decided to talk with our neighbors on 2-6-2012 when she did they then proceeded to tell her that they have been fighting them for 4 months they said they had told the landlord when they first stared to see them but he only bought them a can of raid (roach spray) However that will not kill them and the lady walked my girlfriend into her babies room and the room was eat up with live bugs crawling everywhere the babies bed was pretty much black from these bugs and bugs were inside the playpen my girlfriend went that night and bought the baby a new bed to sleep in (playpen). we are at our wits end we don't know what to do or who to call for help the land lord keeps telling us he will send someone out but 2 days have passed and these things are hatching eggs as I am typing this. We are very clean people and our stuff is very nice and we have 2 kids our neighbors baby is getting eat up every night cause they are crawling all over their ceiling. Who can help us? Lawyers News anyone?
We have been to our local health department twice the man we talked to stayed far away from us acting as if we was nasty. he then said we could move or hire someone to kill them or contact a lawyer we don't have the funds to up and move and we sure can not afford to have someone come in and spray every apartment here. My girlfriend cries all the time she can't sleep she is going crazy over these things. we steam our apartment everyday all day we are both doing home schooling and it has affected us in every way you can imagine. We don't have the money to treat every apartment here and we feel it's not our place too, when our landlord has knew of this problem for 4 months he failed to notify anyone in our building about it so we had no time to prepare or anything. Everyone in the apartment building is mad the people down stairs is so stressed they are getting eat alive by these things. We don't have them as bad but we are scared if this continues we will be. For the love of God someone HELP US!!! I am about to contact LEX 18 ABOUT IT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THAT WILL EVEN HELP???

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#2 Feb 8, 2013
You shouldnt have to spray everyones apt if your nieghbor with bed bugs lives underneath you then why dont you guys pool your resources and call a professional to come and do your and your nieghbors apt let the landlord know of your plans and see if he would take it out of your rent. Bear in mind bed bugs are extremly hard to get rid of and will probably require 1 or more treatments.You will have to wash everything in extremly hot water and also dry on high heat i dont think a steamer is that effective i dont know im not a professional. If you can afford to get rid of things like throw away in a dumpster i would throw away what you can but wait until your sure the bugs are gone so you dont reinfect your new stuff. Best of luck to you and your neighbor.
Please Help

Virgie, KY

#3 Feb 8, 2013
Thank You, After We got back from the health department. My girlfriend did contact our Landlord once more because the day of 2-2-2013 when he came to collect rent we told him the problem thinking he would get on to of it. we even have the bugs we caught. when no one came to spray the next day. my girlfriend went downstairs and asked them if they had a bedbug problem that's when she told her she did and showed her, her babies arms and it's bedroom when she saw it she flipped out and came and got me and her sister to see the infestation I have never in my life saw anything so bad. My girlfriend then contacted the landlord again by phone he told her he was trying to get ahold of Orkin to come out. My girlfriend waited a few hrs and when she never heard back from our landlord she went back downstairs and talked with the neighbors and told them she was going to contact Orkin herself she came back up stairs called them and told them the problem they was going to come out this past Wednesday to inspect between 4pm and6pm. she then went back downstairs and told the neighbors that they would be here that day and even told the lady next door to us. As she was walking out of her apartment the landlord was walking into the empty unit downstairs my girlfriend ran up to him and told him how bad her apartment was infested with these bugs and begged him to take a look he just walked inside the other unit The lady tat has the infestation even walked outside and told the landlord she still had the bugs. my girlfriend then told our landlord that she contacted Orkin herself and someone is coming out that day he then agreed to it and said okay it was a (FREE) inspection. We went back up stairs thinking finally something is going to be done but Orkin called our house and said they had to talk with the landlord in order to come out. He had just left so she gave him our landlords home number and they said they would call us back and let us know what he said. They did call back but said they could not reach him his wife said he was gone out on their farm and wouldn't be home til late. Orkin closed at 5 this was around 2:30pm. That night which was last night, we went back out and bought more stuff even the baby downstairs a playpen to sleep in. We are trying to stay on top of the bugs up here cause we have only seen 3 live ones in our apartment. we are heating with a kerosene heater in each room we are heating up to 120 degrees and we have bleached our floors and we have a steam carpet cleaner on top of the hand steamer we bought. We are doing everything to keep them from coming in our apartment. My girlfriend called our landlord around 11am this morning and he said he couldn't get ahold of anyone to spray. we can't figure out why he first said he was going to get Orkin and now he is just trying to get anyone and no one came today. Hopefully someone will be here tomorrow but if he has knew they had them for 4 mths and not done anything I really don't se anything being done. We have threw away so much stuff and we do not plan on paying any rent til he takes care of the problem. We feel everyone should have been notified about the bugs the first day he knew about them. If anyone reads this if nothing else please pray for us and our neighbors because we all are going insane here. Thanks!!

Lexington, KY

#4 Feb 8, 2013
Spraying at least by a professional is very expensive thats probably why he's relucant to do anything,doesnt excuse it because he is supposed to responsible but that could be why he isnt doing anything.You will have to keep on top of it in order to keep the situation from getting worse but im wondering what your downstairs neighbors are doing about it seems like since they have had them for months they would have done something especially with a baby i dont know what is going on there.Hope your issue gets resolved soon.
Really

Louisville, KY

#5 Feb 8, 2013
So the landlord is responsible for you and your trashy neigbors infecting his property with bed bugs. Give me a break. Bedbugs do not all of a
sudden appear in a property , someone has to
bring them in to the property.

Lexington, KY

#6 Feb 8, 2013
Really wrote:
So the landlord is responsible for you and your trashy neigbors infecting his property with bed bugs. Give me a break. Bedbugs do not all of a
The landlord is responsible for the property that the tenet rents and one doesnt have to be trashy to get bedbugs as they are freakin everywhere to be trashy is to not take responsibility for it.Geesh sure hope your lily white ass doesnt get them.
wow

Louisville, KY

#7 Feb 8, 2013
Really wrote:
Your a idiot! Bed bugs are very spreadable. Your kid could bring them home on their backpack at school. U should Google it. I actually moved into my house and the people had them that had lived here b4. They live in walls and stuff. So your damn right the landlord is responsible.
EXcUSE ME

Virgie, KY

#8 Feb 8, 2013
Your rude comments are sick. However if you read the above information I stated the people below us is eat up with them. By our landlord not doing anything for 4 months to treat them. your telling me we have no rights. Something is bad wrong with you people. We are very clean and you may be getting ready to see just how clean we are on the news. We know we have rights and the landlord has never sprayed for bugs since we have lived here in 4 yrs and I'm sure if we have had them for 4 yrs the whole apartment unit would be well ate up by now. Someone packed them in but the infestation is NOT in our apartment it's below us. we have pictures, videos, we have people on tape with them knowing they are being taped. we have everything documented and further more we have all recites in which everyone here has tired on their own to get rid of them. The lady below us has three small children who are nothing more than bait for these bugs. My two children have never been bit so we don't have them like they do but when her kids go to bed at night the bites are so bad that she has taken them to the doctor. I believe our landlord should have had someone out here to sprayed or something within 4 mths and if you believe it's our fault your nothing more than a uneducated joke and one day you will be hit with these small pest and let me tell you it's pure hell if your someone who cares about other human beings and have a lot of money invested in your belongings. No I don't believe up and moving will do anything anyone any good all we will do is spread them like wildfire why would we want to risk infesting someone else until we know for sure these things are dead we will not move that's just unfair to anyone. so if anyone else has something smart ass to say please refer to this posting. Thank you!!
Really

Louisville, KY

#9 Feb 8, 2013
My God you people on here are filthy trash. You live like pigs and want someone to clean up your mess. The landlord is not responsible for your filty lifestyles.

Lexington, KY

#10 Feb 8, 2013
Really wrote:
My God you people on here are filthy trash. You live like pigs and want someone to clean up your mess. The landlord is not responsible for your filty lifestyles.
You Sir are a moron put down the crack pipe and learn about what you are talking about,Google is a wonderful thing use it before you run your mouth about things you have no knowledge of.
Sam

Louisville, KY

#11 Feb 8, 2013
I agree with Really, nasty people attract bugs. Change your nast lifestyles and quit blaming everyone else for your filth
EXcUSE ME wrote:
Your rude comments are sick. However if you read the above information I stated the people below us is eat up with them. By our landlord not doing anything for 4 months to treat them. your telling me we have no rights. Something is bad wrong with you people. We are very clean and you may be getting ready to see just how clean we are on the news. We know we have rights and the landlord has never sprayed for bugs since we have lived here in 4 yrs and I'm sure if we have had them for 4 yrs the whole apartment unit would be well ate up by now. Someone packed them in but the infestation is NOT in our apartment it's below us. we have pictures, videos, we have people on tape with them knowing they are being taped. we have everything documented and further more we have all recites in which everyone here has tired on their own to get rid of them. The lady below us has three small children who are nothing more than bait for these bugs. My two children have never been bit so we don't have them like they do but when her kids go to bed at night the bites are so bad that she has taken them to the doctor. I believe our landlord should have had someone out here to sprayed or something within 4 mths and if you believe it's our fault your nothing more than a uneducated joke and one day you will be hit with these small pest and let me tell you it's pure hell if your someone who cares about other human beings and have a lot of money invested in your belongings. No I don't believe up and moving will do anything anyone any good all we will do is spread them like wildfire why would we want to risk infesting someone else until we know for sure these things are dead we will not move that's just unfair to anyone. so if anyone else has something smart ass to say please refer to this posting. Thank you!!

Since: Jul 10

Louisville, KY

#12 Feb 8, 2013
I am a landlord and will tell you that it is the responsibility of the landlord to treat for bedbugs. Having said that, please keep in mind that the landlord did not cause the problem. It is likely that the family in the apartment where the infestation started probably brought them in. It's very frustrating for landlords because bedbugs are very expensive and difficult to deal with. Many of the families who bring them in are not clean and do not take care of their things. Many "apartment hop" rather than change living habits. Once the bed bugs are in one apartment, they will spread to others. You are doing the right things and should press the landlord to pay for professionals to treat the apartments. However, even with professional treatment, if other families aren't doing what they need to do to keep them out (like launder bedding and such in appropriate ways) you will get them back. And, this probably doesn't make you feel better, but bed bugs have a little bit of an undeserved bad reputation. They are not dirty insects. They are cleaner than flies and the bites are no worse that mosquitos.

Lexington, KY

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Interestedgirl wrote:
I am a landlord and will tell you that it is the responsibility of the landlord to treat for bedbugs. Having said that, please keep in mind that the landlord did not cause the problem. It is likely that the family in the apartment where the infestation started probably brought them in. It's very frustrating for landlords because bedbugs are very expensive and difficult to deal with. Many of the families who bring them in are not clean and do not take care of their things. Many "apartment hop" rather than change living habits. Once the bed bugs are in one apartment, they will spread to others. You are doing the right things and should press the landlord to pay for professionals to treat the apartments. However, even with professional treatment, if other families aren't doing what they need to do to keep them out (like launder bedding and such in appropriate ways) you will get them back. And, this probably doesn't make you feel better, but bed bugs have a little bit of an undeserved bad reputation. They are not dirty insects. They are cleaner than flies and the bites are no worse that mosquitos.
You are right about that its very frustrating when your trying to do the right thing and your neighbors arent making any changes,should be at that point the landlord should step in and let the ones that arent doing anything different and give them a warning or something cause bedbugs like roaches travel and are hard to get rid of.
Jeez

Wilmington, DE

#14 Feb 8, 2013
You trashy people are sick. Filthy people are like magnets for bugs. This makes me sick to think about and you are blaming your landlord for your filthy ways, get real.

Lexington, KY

#15 Feb 8, 2013
Jeez wrote:
You trashy people are sick. Filthy people are like magnets for bugs. This makes me sick to think about and you are blaming your landlord for your filthy ways, get real.
Your retarded,being clean or dirty has nothing to do with it.
Rick

Louisville, KY

#16 Feb 8, 2013
You are too stupid to spell tenant and obviously too lazy to clean your house. Typical topix poster.

Lexington, KY

#17 Feb 8, 2013
Thanks for the correct spelling of tenant,if you see a misspelled word sound it out stupid and my apt is spotless dont know how you get im lazy by one misspelled word but i guess you just had to find something to find fault with,way to go champ.
Larry

Louisville, KY

#18 Feb 8, 2013
Pretty much par for the course on topix. Low IQ, uneducated, unemployed white trash.

Lexington, KY

#19 Feb 8, 2013
Larry wrote:
Pretty much par for the course on topix. Low IQ, uneducated, unemployed white trash.
I have neither a low IQ i am educated and i work a 40hr week i however have compassion for the original poster who asked for help as i could relate to his plight. A friend of mine got bedbugs through staying at a nice hotel apparently the nice hotel had bedbugs which she brought back with her. she is obsessively clean as she has allergies things happen in life to be hateful and meanspirited is just uncalled for.
Samantha

Louisville, KY

#20 Feb 8, 2013
Maybe Obama will pay to have your apartment cleaned, I'm sure he pays your rent and gives you a food card and helps your children with money because they have ADD because they sit in front of a tv all day long. Jesus I have heard it all now, clean up after your self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bracktown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min another viewer 168,876
Sorry Libs: Obummer Team knew and colluded with... 8 min UnPolitically Cor... 6
Sorry Libs: Clintons, FBI, bribery plot, urani... 10 min UnPolitically Cor... 14
Sorry Libs: The wall WILL be built. The proto... 20 min UnPolitically Cor... 10
News Laurel County Sees Increase In Panhandling 24 min UnPolitically Cor... 12
Libs, what would make you happy? 25 min UnPolitically Cor... 201
Liberalism: Anti-American nazi party! 33 min UnPolitically Cor... 2

Bracktown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bracktown Mortgages