Bozeman, Mont., bears know trash day

Bozeman, Mont., bears know trash day

There are 3 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 14, 2010, titled Bozeman, Mont., bears know trash day. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Black bears in the Bozeman, Mont., area seem know when it's garbage day. Solid Waste Department Superintendent Steve Johnson says garbage crews found numerous trash cans tipped over and completely emptied in several alleys Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Steve El Paso-Rockport

Ingleside, TX

#1 Oct 15, 2010
Gee our trash day is Thursday and my kids only get it right about half the time... One is now in the Honors College at UT... wonder if a bear could accomplish that too... doesn't matter if its a Black Bear, or Brown or Polar either.
Ed Muntin

Huntington, NY

#2 Oct 15, 2010
That's nothing. Theres an old hag that lives in Edmonton that does the same thing every trash day. It's been going on for 15 years straight.
Montana Angler

Billings, MT

#3 Oct 15, 2010
I was fly fishing recently on Bozeman creek ( http://www.montanaangler.com ) right in town and ran into a black bear. I also saw a lot of scat in the area. They come down low this time of year if the berry crop is bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bozeman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Montana county wants to dispose of Cold War com... Apr 29 Zom13 5
News 7 must-see places in the US this year Apr 11 Paul 1
Vote Greg Gianforte for governor 16 Mar '16 Zod 2
News Mike's In & Out - Livingston, MT Mar '16 smartazz 2
News IronHaus, Inc. awarded job creation grant Feb '16 SHARI 1
Richard Opper Montana DPHHS, distorts argument Jan '16 Don Birkholz 1
Review - ILoveKickboxing Bozeman (May '15) Dec '15 Hannah 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bozeman Mortgages