How to Park My Phone Number

Posted in the Boynton Beach Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Keisha

Miami, FL

#1 Dec 17, 2008
Im ready to give up my land line. Who needs home phone number anymore? I want to keep the phone number though so I'm looking for options to park phone numbers. What is the best solution to consolidate phone numbers and save on the phone bill? I still want to get all my calls on my cell phone though.
Kathy

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Dec 19, 2008
I had land line phone numbers that i wanted to get rid of but i didnt want to lose the numbers, people are still calling me on those. Now my company is moving out of state and definitelly want to keep the phone numbers. There is no better solution than park your phone number and forward them to your new lines. After some research I picked parkmyphone.com . I picked this company based on their price and the reviews other people wrote for them. So far so good!
Mike

Rohnert Park, CA

#3 May 4, 2009
I'm writing in response to Kathy's post. I'm looking to "park" my long time, AT&T, land line phone number. How has the quality of this service played out over the months? Anyone else have any positive or negative feedback?
When I called their 877#, the quality of the call and help seemed a little questionable. Has anyone tried to reactivate their land line? Thank you for any input!
Kathy wrote:
I had land line phone numbers that i wanted to get rid of but i didnt want to lose the numbers, people are still calling me on those. Now my company is moving out of state and definitelly want to keep the phone numbers. There is no better solution than park your phone number and forward them to your new lines. After some research I picked parkmyphone.com . I picked this company based on their price and the reviews other people wrote for them. So far so good!
Joe

San Diego, CA

#4 May 12, 2009
I called them a couple of months ago and agree that they seem questionable. The guy who answered the phone who said he was the owner (which could be a red flag right there...) seemed nice enough, but left me with little confidence that this was a company that was going to be around for a while. I think I'll keep shopping.
Mike wrote:
I'm writing in response to Kathy's post. I'm looking to "park" my long time, AT&T, land line phone number. How has the quality of this service played out over the months? Anyone else have any positive or negative feedback?
When I called their 877#, the quality of the call and help seemed a little questionable. Has anyone tried to reactivate their land line? Thank you for any input!
<quoted text>
rita

Miami, FL

#5 May 20, 2009
I've been using them for over a year. Being the owner to a company and answering the phone is not a major red flag to me. There are small businesses in the garage or home office where maybe just one or two people are running things that doesnt mean that they will run out of business, only that they are small.
Hereiam

Saint Albans, WV

#6 May 15, 2010
Kathy wrote:
Greetings~
So now it's been a couple years since you posted about the park my phone service. Are you still using it and happy with it? I'm thinking of using this service but I'm a bit skeptical 'cuz there's so little info or feedback out there about this company. I hope you or other users of this service have a chance to see this question and weigh in...Thanks!
Katalin

Waterloo, Canada

#7 Jul 1, 2010
Yes, I actually ported my two other number to Park My Phone, a Fax number and a toll free number. It does the job, it's working! They did everything that they've promised. I never had any problem with it. They said they are small but it's growing. Now everyone wants to save money so companies like these are growing. Let us know what your experience is if you sign up.
Katalin

Thousand Oaks, CA

#8 Jul 1, 2010
Yes, I actually ported my two other number to Park My Phone, a Fax number and a toll free number. It does the job, it's working! They did everything that they've promised. I never had any problem with it. They said they are small but it's growing. Now everyone wants to save money so companies like these are growing. Let us know what your experience is if you sign up.
Victim of Park My Phone

Coral Gables, FL

#9 Mar 30, 2011
ParkMyPhone charged me anddidn't do anything!
==========
Make a free Google Voice account

You get a free phone number

then, for a one-time $20 fee, you can "Port" your number to Google where it will be parked.

You get free unlimited voice and text forwarding.

A dream come true.

I love Google!
Albert G

Bothell, WA

#10 May 18, 2011
Victim of Park My Phone wrote:
ParkMyPhone charged me anddidn't do anything!
==========
Make a free Google Voice account
You get a free phone number
then, for a one-time $20 fee, you can "Port" your number to Google where it will be parked.
You get free unlimited voice and text forwarding.
A dream come true.
I love Google!
Google voice ONLY allows for cell numbers to be ported. If you are looking to park your land line, this will not work.. unfortunately.
Did they close ----

Newport Beach, CA

#11 May 23, 2011
I have had ParkMyPhone.com (Family Phone) for about 5 months, and now all week my business line receives a ring... but NO ONE IS THERE. My callers say that my number does not even have a ring.
The site's Live Chat no longer works.
Did the Co go out of Biz on me????
This sucks! I am leaving for a trip tomorrow.. and callers may now think MY COMPANY is out of biz!
When I call THEIR 877 number... "MY" phone rings.. but is blank when I answer.
What happened to this co?(May 23, 2011)
Barb

Dunn, NC

#12 Aug 27, 2011
I was thinking of giving " parkmyphone.com " a shot. However, after reading this thread, I called their customer service first just to see if I got a response. I got a recording that said someone would soon be with me. After 5 minutes, the recording said to leave a message. Then another recording said the mail box was not accepting messages. I'm definitely not going to use them now!

Since: Jan 12

Boston, MA

#13 Jan 17, 2012
Has anyone tried ParkNBlend? They look like they are fairly new on the scene, but they offer more features and a lower price. It also seems to be an unlimited calling service instead of metered. I don't need my home phone service anymore but i want to keep the number. I like the idea of online account management and voicemail notifications. Anyone know anything about this product?
ronni

United States

#14 Jul 4, 2012
Yes, I have been using ParknBlend for about a year. The service is great. I can login anytime and change where my phone forwards to or just send it to voicemail. The voicemails are even emailed which is very cool. I did my research when signing up and they are a subsidiary of Teleblend which is a broadband home phone company. Parknblend also has supprt at any time of the day which i like. Good luck.
DAJW wrote:
Has anyone tried ParkNBlend? They look like they are fairly new on the scene, but they offer more features and a lower price. It also seems to be an unlimited calling service instead of metered. I don't need my home phone service anymore but i want to keep the number. I like the idea of online account management and voicemail notifications. Anyone know anything about this product?

Since: Oct 12

Colchester, VT

#15 Oct 4, 2012
I'm a huge fan of ParkNBlend service. In addition to being able to change my call forwarding features in real-time, from any smartphone or computer, they also offer pinless voicemail access. I just call my parked number from my cell phone and i'm listening to my voicemail in seconds. I can't imagine many other number parking services offer pinless voicemail access or half the other features ParkNBlend offers. They could easily charge me double for this product, i'm happy with it.
TOM

Boulder, CO

#16 Dec 23, 2012
My brother parked his line with family-phone but when people called to say that his old number was still being used so I checked and they said he didn't fill out some things correctly but they still kept his money. After pushing they refunded only a part saying they incurred expenses.

Their 877 number is disconnected and several sites use they same website template with different names same guy - seems more than a bit shaky
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
TOM

Boulder, CO

#17 Dec 23, 2012
rother parked his line with family-phone but when people called to say that his old number was still being used so I checked and they said he didn't fill out some things correctly but they still kept his money. After pushing they refunded only a part saying they incurred expenses.

Their 877 number is disconnected and several sites use they same website template with different names same guy - seems more than a bit shaky
TOM

Boulder, CO

#18 Dec 23, 2012
My brother parked his line with family-phonewhich (has same website) but people called to say that his old number was still being used so I checked and they said he didn't fill out some things correctly but they still kept his money. After pushing they refunded only a part saying they incurred expenses.

Barb wrote:
I was thinking of giving " parkmyphone.com " a shot. However, after reading this thread, I called their customer service first just to see if I got a response. I got a recording that said someone would soon be with me. After 5 minutes, the recording said to leave a message. Then another recording said the mail box was not accepting messages. I'm definitely not going to use them now!
cheli

Knoxville, TN

#19 Jun 5, 2013
Teleblend, ParknBlend....... all one company, go to BBB.org and type in the name Teleblend, you will see that they are BAD NEWS!
kevin

San Diego, CA

#20 Aug 4, 2013
questionable availability of support:

listen to cheli above, Teleblend.com , inreach.com , and parknblend.com all share the same physical address, and two of these companies have an "F" BBB rating. seriously, an "F" i didn't know the BBB even gave out "F's"! Ha, they must be horrible.

check this review:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28528456-Is-... -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boynton Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) 12 hr YO VINNIE 1,463
Any other Lake Worth Corridor backyard hens Jul 23 Gelodagr8won 1
Veteran in desperate need Jul 7 IraqVet 2
News Boynton officers involved in 2014 beating case ... Jun '17 Coward cops 1
The K3VR/KZ8O Problem (Jan '08) Jun '17 JULIO 7
k3vr (Aug '08) Jun '17 CDN 35
Boynton Beach Music Thread (Oct '13) Jun '17 JULIO 12

Boynton Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance