San Raphael at Renaissance Commons
beatrice

Boynton Beach, FL

#41 Mar 22, 2009
I as well live at San Raphael. The basketball court has been broken for past 2 years and I called office to get update and they are not going to fix it. The gate on North side has been broken for months and they are refusing to fix it. They want every resident coming in from south entrance....what is the purpose of even having a garage??? They have towed my parents car twice plus friends car have gotten orange stickers on their car. Thank God I did not buy a place in here. I am in the process of buying at Villa Lago across the street. tHE hoa/office have nothing better to do. San Raphael already have many foreclosures and its going to continue. I would not recommend buying or renting from them unless you wanna feel like you live in JAIL
Joey

Bluffton, SC

#42 Apr 6, 2009
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where else you've lived - but here's a news flash buddy - there's crime EVERYWHERE!
As an owner, NOT A RENTER, we've lived there for over 3 years & the only problems we've had in the whole complex have been because of renters.
Really, are you serious?? yes there is crime everywhere. However, when garage doors are broken for months at a time, which is a supposed to be a security feature, that tends to annoy and anger some people.. And I have seen problems with owners and renters. There was a condo OWNER who used to take his dog for a walk every day, and let his dog crap in the elevator without cleaning it up, and would smoke in the elevator as well. So it is not just renters. Are you that naive and narrow minded?? As far as where else I have lived, Manhattan, Fort Lauderdale, Providence Rhode Island, a few other places. And believe it or not, Renaissance Commons , by far, has the most residents I have seen that blatantly violate any rules, and not care about the well being of the development.
Pissed in San Raphael

Boynton Beach, FL

#43 Apr 24, 2009
DO NOT rent OR buy in San Raphael! They hate renters, they refuse to fix things that break, the office staff are @$$holes, their rules have rules. The guard always asks me, "Do I have a sticker to park?" and I've lived here for over a year...any excuse to tow someone! They want to think it's this really nice place but it's not. The first question the staff asks you before they answer you is, "Do you own or rent?" It's such a double standard. I love how everyone blames the renters but you need a 650 fico score to even be considered as a renter so they obviously aren't renting to dirtbags. I personally can not wait to move! I just bought a gorgeous single family home. These owners are just bitter because they could only afford a shabbily built condo!
Basilovecchio

Pembroke Pines, FL

#44 May 1, 2009
joe wrote:
Please provide comments on this condo development. Is it completed? Have there been any problems, financial or otherwise? Is the location good? I heard it is near the Boynton Beach Mall. Is that right?
5/01/09
Great Community.Great Area
People are unset because they have paid in the 300K
range (can't blame them for that)
BUT YOU WOULD GET all the benefits and
pay just $99,000
Yes send me an email and I will get you in line for a place there for $99,000 and if by chance you have not purchased or owned a home for the last three year,get a gift of $9,000
bestsolutionsfl
at aol dot com
Ken

West Palm Beach, FL

#45 May 14, 2009
What a shame. i used to live at Renasance Commons in 2006-2007 before all the foreclosures and bad management. The management company onsite then was very good IMO.

There was gang activity across congress in the mall. Was there then probably there now. When I was there someone was shot dead in the target parking lot. What a shame. great deals though now.
Kimora

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#46 May 15, 2009
I am seriously considering moving to Renaissance Commons in late June but am a little concerned about all of the negativity. I am moving from a ridiculous gated community in PSL where everyone is nasty and the property manager for the community was a complete BITCH. I want to move to the townhomes but don't want my childrens cars being towed or my friends. Does anyone know if it is a problem in the townhome community?
Jesse

Coral Gables, FL

#47 May 19, 2009
I was just looking for San Raphael's office number online when I stumbled across this forum.

I've just moved in as a renter in San Raphael. We were pretty terrified about the approval process, as we are both in college. It turned out our credit was much better than we thought and we were approved. It took FOREVER. It came to the point where the office got irked with our very nice realtor who was just trying to check the status of the approval. Then our landlord called and threatened to quit paying his association fees, and that finally got us in.

Renaissance Commons is a very nice area in general. Yes, they are strict, but they just want to keep it a nice place. I do agree that the broken garage doors in San Raphael as well as the "broken" indoor basketball court is unacceptable. The owners pay the association a lot of money, so where does it go?

I've only met two girls in the office. The higher up Sydney is quite nice. The girl Alicia sucks. She is completely unhelpful. You're best off having a good relationship with your landlord, as they don't really listen to renters.

The pool, gym, and clubhouse are fabulous. For some reason our keys worked after 10pm and although it was against the rules, the security let us keep playing pool and enjoy our drinks.

On to the topic of the parking security on golf carts...One is a real ball buster, but I guess he just doesn't want to lose his job? There are plenty of parallel spots that are public and don't require guest tags. We had some friends out on the balcony one night and I guess we got too loud, the security came to politely ask us to keep it down. After profusely apologizing, as I didn't want to get started on the wrong foot, the security said it wasn't a problem there is just an old bat living on the 4th floor who complains about EVERYTHING.

So in all, I like the place. The lawns and pool are always kept in nice condition, and it's very quiet. I would really recommend, especially since its such a good deal. We scored a spacious 2/2 for $1,175 a month, that includes all of the utilities except for power. Setup was a breeze.

And I agree, the water pressure isn't the best in the world.

Hope this helps!

Since: May 09

AOL

#48 May 27, 2009
To Jesse: as an old bat myself, when you live in a multi-unit complex, it's considered neighborly to keep the noise level down when you are out on the balcony. The walls here are very thin to begin with and when you're on the balcony it's obviously even worse. If you're looking for a college type atomsphere with late night music and visitors then San Rafael is probably not for you.
No internet no happy

United States

#49 May 28, 2009
Can anyone tell me who the internet provider is for Renaissance Commons, and how to get in touch with them? I've been without internet for 4 days now, and our property manager tells me that it's my responsibility to handle the problem. However, the name ("Connections") and phone number she gave me to call are wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
aol

Redmond, WA

#50 May 30, 2009
Let's hope things improve here, I don't think it could get any worse!!
aol

Redmond, WA

#51 Jun 1, 2009
I've been living in San Raphael for about 8` months. Does anyone say hello, this place is so unfriendly. My husband and I have to keep our windows closed ALL THE TIME, the cigarette smoke is SO BAD, Once our lease is up, we'll be leaving this place so fast, you'll see our skid marks!
just watching

Bronx, NY

#52 Jun 1, 2009
Buyer maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
Gangs?? They are nowhere near there.
in my development there are a gang of yentas they are vey dangerous there all over boynton wife and i may have to move these yentas are scary
Yenta

Redmond, WA

#53 Jun 2, 2009
There are yentas in my building too! Go back to New York, you are not welcomed here. San Raphael should just give it up, this place is the worst place I have ever lived in. My boyfriend and I are out of here the end of the year. Can't wait!
Prospective Renter

United States

#54 Jun 8, 2009
Hi,

I am very interested in renting an apartment from management in villa lago. Can anyone inform me of the internet/cable providers name as well as how fast the internet is? I am part of a similar condo community that did the whole dsl thing and my internet is sooooo slow. Also, most of the bad reviews on this site are for San Rafael, is Villa Lago just as bad? Also, I drove around villa lago today and there is no parking whatsoever for guests. Do they park in the garage? Do you need a pass? Do you have to go downstairs to let people in? If anyone could answer these questions that would be fantastic. Thank you so much
sunshine

Redmond, WA

#55 Jun 15, 2009
Don't know about Villa Lago. I think there are many young people. I hope it's better than where my husband and 3 year old live!
Lisa

Redmond, WA

#56 Jun 17, 2009
I agree w/ all the negative e-mails about San Raphael. I moved in about 4 months ago, and I want to break my lease.
dls

Lake Worth, FL

#57 Aug 5, 2009
Roberta wrote:
<quoted text>
hi ally
are u looking for a gorgeous 1/1 condo with lake view, fantastic kitchen with lots of upgrades in San Raphael?
Please let me kmow....
Roberta
I am interested in moving to Renaissance commons. This post is 2 years old. are you still living there? how are the conditions today?
dls

Lake Worth, FL

#58 Aug 5, 2009
I am looking for a 2/2 to buy not rent. do you think that Bella Lago is better than San Rafael?
Annoyed

United States

#59 Aug 14, 2009
ALL HAIL THE CONDO COMMANDOS.

Seriously. They are so outnumbered it's ridiculous. A few old people are in charge and are pissed the building is attracting a younger crowd. Get used to it.
Sunshine -Atlanta

Boynton Beach, FL

#60 Aug 14, 2009
No need to be nasty on this blog. Move out if the "condo commandos" are too much for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boynton Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Strange Hooker (Jun '10) Tue Stop the Stigma 55
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) Jan 15 YO VINNIE 1,523
Dr. Kristin Tolbert Divorce? (May '15) Jan 12 Incorrect 64
Review: Pronto Tires (Sep '15) Dec 26 Kenya 3
New around here Dec 20 Hunter Munoz 1
Is Delray Beach a nice place to live? (Jan '10) Dec 19 MiamiNative 106
News Melvin Pollack, 65 -- U.S. Air Force 1964-1984 (Dec '07) Dec '17 jppanek 4

Boynton Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance