San Raphael at Renaissance Commons
Anon

United States

#21 May 27, 2008
Boynton Beach is a great area! This forum is skewed. Drive around, look around at different times of day. Talk with people in the communities in person. Many pluses to living east..close to the beach & water, accessible to everything, there are more bugs & humidity out west..
Joey

Bluffton, SC

#22 Jun 20, 2008
I lived in San Raphael at Renaissance Commons for one year. The day our lease ended, we were out of there faster than anything. The garage doors were always busted, there was always running around in the hallways of the buildings, the water pressure was horrible, the security doors to the buildings never locked properly, the DishNetwork deal and free internet was very bad, and the management staff was absolutely horrible.
Also, Boynton Beach is going downhill in a hurry. It is turning into one of the more violent cities in Palm Beach County. Remember that gang murder on Christmas Eve Day at the Boynton Beach Mall in 2006. Yep, only 1/3 of a mile away from Renaissance Commons.
Anon

Charleston, SC

#23 Jun 20, 2008
just 1 man's opinion..
anyomous

Phenix City, AL

#24 Jul 14, 2008
would someone like to buy ours ? ours is for rent or lease
dtb

West Palm Beach, FL

#25 Jul 29, 2008
Ella wrote:
I heard there are special assessments on a lot of these units? what gives?
I have had it with the association fees here. the basketball courts have not been fixed for months. we have to pay assesments for those that do not pay their maintenance. i dont think so. if i could sell i certainly would.
Disgruntled

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#26 Aug 17, 2008
I have lived here for nearly 6 months now, and had I known when I moved in what I know now, there is no way I would have signed my lease. The property is falling apart, in disrepair, and no one maintains it. The management staff is rude and unfriendly. The basketball courts have not been in working order since I got here. One garage door has not worked for 4 months now. The fixtures are cracking and falling from the celing. The rules and regulations are enforced, and the associations fees are collected, but no work is being made to improve the facilities, or the staff here. All in all, not a very pleasant experience, and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.
Philip

Boynton Beach, FL

#27 Sep 12, 2008
I bought in Villa Lago last November and cannot think of any negative experience. The ladies in the office are always friendly and courteous and the maintainence staff are always around taking care of the property. I think some of these people complaining would complain if they were in heaven. I do not know about the other buildings in Renaissance Commons but Villa Lago is seperate and it is fantastic. The surrounding area is fabulous. You can walk to Target, Best Buy, Chili's and Linens n Things.
I love it at Villa Lago !!!!!
Michelle

Boynton Beach, FL

#28 Dec 5, 2008
I have lived in San Raphael (renting) for almost 2 years now. Living here is pleasant, i don't really mingle with the staff so they may be rude, I don't really know.

I do agree that the water pressure is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.

The units are classy but cheaply made. My crown molding is already cracked in some spots.

My sink does have rusting which i couldn't understand becuase stainless steel doesn't usually do that.

Also i'm on the 4th floor and my porch is dirty with dust but basically impossible to powerwash because i'm too high up.

The cable and internet is included in the rent, which "saves" $150 in other bills.

All in all i probably wouldn't buy here, but for renting, I'm pretty satisfied!
mike

Valley Stream, NY

#29 Jan 10, 2009
have a second home there.Will be the hottest new area in florida within 2 years!!
Buyer maybe

Boynton Beach, FL

#30 Jan 11, 2009
Im looking at Ren Common-Monte Verde. The sales lady said the Water Pressure was fine. Anyone have any experience with these condos? Is the Internet DSL also for this community? How about the cable- Is it Comcast or some lame outfit. Monte Verde only please. Thanks in advance.
Ann

Berlin, MD

#31 Jan 14, 2009
Ella wrote:
I heard there are special assessments on a lot of these units? what gives?
We all had to pay for the losers who tried to flip their units, then the market dropped and the deadbeats they rented to didn't pay their rent, thus the loser owners didn't pay their assesments, & alot of them went into default. All the other owners had to pick up their debt.
Ann

Berlin, MD

#32 Jan 14, 2009
Joey wrote:
I lived in San Raphael at Renaissance Commons for one year. The day our lease ended, we were out of there faster than anything. The garage doors were always busted, there was always running around in the hallways of the buildings, the water pressure was horrible, the security doors to the buildings never locked properly, the DishNetwork deal and free internet was very bad, and the management staff was absolutely horrible.
Also, Boynton Beach is going downhill in a hurry. It is turning into one of the more violent cities in Palm Beach County. Remember that gang murder on Christmas Eve Day at the Boynton Beach Mall in 2006. Yep, only 1/3 of a mile away from Renaissance Commons.
I don't know where else you've lived - but here's a news flash buddy - there's crime EVERYWHERE!
As an owner, NOT A RENTER, we've lived there for over 3 years & the only problems we've had in the whole complex have been because of renters.
Jeanie

West Palm Beach, FL

#33 Jan 14, 2009
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where else you've lived - but here's a news flash buddy - there's crime EVERYWHERE!
As an owner, NOT A RENTER, we've lived there for over 3 years & the only problems we've had in the whole complex have been because of renters.
Don't be so judgemental about renters, they are most probably saving your ass from further assessments in the complex. Otherwise the owners who rent their apartments out would be defaulting. Another thing, crime is everywhere but who needs it on their door step. Plus the Boynton Beach gangs like to hang out around there. Been there seen it!!!
Adam T

Pompano Beach, FL

#34 Jan 15, 2009
Hi Please discuss renaissance commons in Boynton Beach Living dot com ;)
Buyer maybe

Boynton Beach, FL

#35 Jan 20, 2009
Jeanie wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so judgemental about renters, they are most probably saving your ass from further assessments in the complex. Otherwise the owners who rent their apartments out would be defaulting. Another thing, crime is everywhere but who needs it on their door step. Plus the Boynton Beach gangs like to hang out around there. Been there seen it!!!
Gangs?? They are nowhere near there.
mike

Valley Stream, NY

#36 Jan 23, 2009
just came back from 2 week stay in san rafael.. the area keeps gettin better @ better!would like to see the basketball court operational!! whats up with that.
Jill

Miami, FL

#37 Feb 4, 2009
I live in San Rapheal. For the most part, I truly enjoy everything about this condo. The main setbacks for this particular condominiums are the crazy people at the homeowner's association that write ridicilous amounts of rules so that you cannot enjoy anything and the lack of water pressure. These people never fix anything and just create more problems for the owners. They now have some rule in place about guest parking. You now have to have a guest pass to park in a guest spot in the garage (which you can't even enter unless a resident rings you in). If you don't have a guest pass, which residents only receive 2-3 off (god forbid you have more friends than that), they will tow you. I am a resident and I was towed for no reason. I watched a man moving in and on the day he moved in, he was towed. It is ridiculous!!! They have such a scam going on with Eastern towing. What a ripoff!
Kelsey

Iron City, TN

#38 Feb 5, 2009
anyomous wrote:
would someone like to buy ours ? ours is for rent or lease
Are you still looking to rent/sell your home in Renaissance Commons?
sickofit2

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#39 Feb 25, 2009
Alex wrote:
I've actualluy lived in San Raphael for over a year now, and although it is beautiful to look at, I am terribly disgusted with the experience. Between the spider infestation in the garage, the water problems, and the horrible management on site who won't give any stright answers this place has become a nightmare which I can't wait to move away from.
I will second that about the management. They are AWFUL!!! And they don't screen the people they rent to very well. This neighborhood has gone downhill in the short amount of time that I have lived here. Disappointment!
Tcg

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#40 Mar 21, 2009
I also live at San Raphael at Renaissance commons. I cant wait to move out. I would not reccomend buying a place here. I was considering as well but I have changed my mind. My friends have gotten their cars towed multiple times and they were parked in the guest parking. What's the purpose of guest parking? The managment office/HOA have nothing better to do. Plus they are so many foreclosures in here and now I understand why. I cannot attenfd the pool without being harrassed about a stupid bracelet.It is absolutely ridiculous

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boynton Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Kristin Tolbert Divorce? (May '15) Jul 24 Still Burned 47
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) Jul 23 YO VINNIE 1,328
Sharron Kimsey Jul 21 Her Neighbor 1
BEWARE the SALON PROFESSIONAL ACADEMY salon ser... (Dec '09) Jul 21 Truth 44
Is Delray Beach a nice place to live? (Jan '10) Jul 14 Go Blue Forever 75
Regis trefelner Jul 11 Anonymous 2
News Palm Beach County: Ex-therapist pleads guilty i... (Nov '07) Jul 9 Chris 10

Boynton Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Boynton Beach Mortgages