Sheriff Glodis is awarded accreditation - Sentinel & Enterprise

Flanked by various state officials and fellow sheriffs, Worcester County Sheriff Guy Glodis was recently awarded accreditation by the American Correctional Association in a ceremony held at the Worcester County ... Full Story
A Tax Payer

Plainville, CT

#1 Mar 17, 2008
The American Correctional Association has been accrediting agencies since 1978. According to the ACA, benefits of accreditation include improved staff training, defense against lawsuits, improved officer and inmate safety, assessment of program strengths and weaknesses and reduced insurance liability costs. Ask any veteran Corrections Officer if this is true and you’ll get a completely different answer.
It sounds impressive but it's nothing but another political farce.
As a former state Corrections Officer I was part of several accreditations and witnessed first hand the inconsistencies and the joke that this whole process was/is.
When an institution goes through an accreditation there are several areas that are looked at. One of the most important is paper work. For instance, drills are to be run once a week on every shift in order to test staff response time to an emergency situation. The drills are documented and filed; at least they’re supposed to be. What really happens is that during the weeks leading up to the accreditation inspection, management has people working overtime making up paper work that was supposed to have already been done, but wasn’t, so that it looks like they followed the accreditation policies. Areas of the prisons that have been in disarray are brought up to accreditation standards for the accreditation, but are again forgotten about until a few weeks before the next process starts a few years later.
The most blatant joke of this process is when management tells staff what they will say when questioned by the inspectors. I can’t speak for the Sheriff, but I can say that the Superintendents at the state level actually have sheets printed out that coach staff how to answer questions.
The whole process is very suspect. After the accreditation is finalized, management and their cronies are thrown a big party so that they can “thank” the accreditation team properly, and it’s all done on the backs of the tax payer.
For what’s it’s worth, I once wrote to the ACA president and reported what really went on before and during their inspections, but I never heard back from them.
Oh please

Ayer, MA

#2 Mar 17, 2008
Let's talk about Sheriff Glodis' high standards for a moment...
1. Is it high standard to make female visitors remove their bra in a room full of other visitors and male correctional officers???
2. Is it high standard to put a person on "suicide watch" completely naked for 4 days with nothing but a toilet while guards are yelling at them to "do us all a favor and put your head in the toilet and drown yourself"???
3. Is it high standard to allow guards to treat inmates...who, by the way, have NOT BEEN INDICTED OR FOUND GUILTY OF ANYTHING YET....like animals, threatening and abusing them???
I could go on but why bother. Glodis and his "correctional officers" think they are next to Godliness and can do or say whatever they want. That jail is full of people who have not even had their day in court yet, not guilty of anything yet....but in this state you are apparently GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT!! It's all a joke.
Glodis, from the outside looking in it might appear as though you got it all figured out. But no one needs to know how many constitutional rights you are violating, right?
Fitchburg Native

Plainville, CT

#3 Mar 17, 2008
ACA is a farce. I also was involved in this paper pushing manipulating political scam for many years. They actually have an ACA coordinator in every prisons who is responsible for manipulating the paper work to meet any requirements.
ACA's only purpose is to defend the Correctional system when it is under legal scrutiny.
Melissa

Osterville, MA

#4 Mar 17, 2008
Oh please wrote:
Let's talk about Sheriff Glodis' high standards for a moment...
1. Is it high standard to make female visitors remove their bra in a room full of other visitors and male correctional officers???
2. Is it high standard to put a person on "suicide watch" completely naked for 4 days with nothing but a toilet while guards are yelling at them to "do us all a favor and put your head in the toilet and drown yourself"???
3. Is it high standard to allow guards to treat inmates...who, by the way, have NOT BEEN INDICTED OR FOUND GUILTY OF ANYTHING YET....like animals, threatening and abusing them???
I could go on but why bother. Glodis and his "correctional officers" think they are next to Godliness and can do or say whatever they want. That jail is full of people who have not even had their day in court yet, not guilty of anything yet....but in this state you are apparently GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT!! It's all a joke.
Glodis, from the outside looking in it might appear as though you got it all figured out. But no one needs to know how many constitutional rights you are violating, right?
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Good people dont go to jail! Behave and this wouldnt happen ITS RATHER SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!! WAH WAH WAH poor inmates! You did the crime now do the time and SHUT UP!
Oh please

Ayer, MA

#5 Mar 17, 2008
Melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Good people dont go to jail! Behave and this wouldnt happen ITS RATHER SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!! WAH WAH WAH poor inmates! You did the crime now do the time and SHUT UP!
Good people don't go to jail??? What bubble are you living in? Innocent people go to jail everyday! Just ask the convicts that have spent years in jail just to be exonorated by DNA testing 10-20 years later. Wake up! It is a fact that innocent people are sent to jail everyday because prosecutors are only looking for scapegoats. Either get your facts straight or YOU shut up!

Since: Mar 08

Salem, MA

#6 Mar 17, 2008
Let's not forget Glodis's "Battle Wagon" that cost the taxpayers close to $1 million dollars, as well as other "perks" he has got. He's a former politician, period.
Melissa

Osterville, MA

#7 Mar 17, 2008
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
Good people don't go to jail??? What bubble are you living in? Innocent people go to jail everyday! Just ask the convicts that have spent years in jail just to be exonorated by DNA testing 10-20 years later. Wake up! It is a fact that innocent people are sent to jail everyday because prosecutors are only looking for scapegoats. Either get your facts straight or YOU shut up!
HMM funny IM NOT IN JAIL! NO ONE I KNOW IS IN JAIL! WE FOLLOW THE RULES! The majority of people in jail deserve to be there i have no sympathy for them!!!! BOO HOOO! Sounds like someone you know is there and your bitter!!!! They get a free roof and food so tell them all to quit their bi*ching
COAP

Princeton, MA

#8 Mar 17, 2008
Ken Burgess wrote:
Let's not forget Glodis's "Battle Wagon" that cost the taxpayers close to $1 million dollars, as well as other "perks" he has got. He's a former politician, period.
The wagon you are refering to was bought with a Homeland Security grant for such a vehicle. It didn't cost the taxpayers anything.

Now if he could use some more federal grant money to replace the condemed building that houses the nursing dept in the mods. How can a building be condemed and then continue to be used?
been there

Worcester, MA

#9 May 15, 2008
the ACA accred. now that's amazing ......did they read the past public health reports, non compliance to CMR's from DOC report, and the most recent federal report. ACA would a Sheriff from Mass. happen to be on committee....yes sir......
Well ACA we no longer need more beds since we are in compliance with "nationally accepted standards"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boylston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
city of crack heads! Lazy Wisstha,Mass! Wed iam freeman 1
Dan Kirouac returns to Worcester for acoustic show Sep 14 New England music... 1
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
Local Duo Close to Buying Worcester 'Telegram &... (Nov '09) Sep 9 Jjohn Henry 3
17 arrests target 'Outlaws' (Nov '07) Sep 9 Jonny Blaze up 42
Debate: Health Care - Northborough, MA Sep 9 Spc Brian Arsenault 1
Sanctuary policy results in rape of 11-year-old... Sep 6 popomark 1
•••

Boylston News Video

•••
•••

Boylston Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Boylston People Search