Worcester Cop Killed In Holden Car Accident

There are 10 comments on the Jan 3, 2010, WBZ-TV story titled Worcester Cop Killed In Holden Car Accident. In it, WBZ-TV reports that:

Required fields are marked with an asterisk The information you provide will be used only to send the requested e-mail and will not be used to send any other e-mail communications.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBZ-TV.

The West Newton Kid

Brookline, MA

#1 Jan 5, 2010
Let's all hope that this man's blood was checked for both alcohol and drugs. In other words, the same exact thing that would happen if a civilian got into a single car accident at 2:30am and was killed. Again, it would be the very first consideration if Joe Citizen went off the road in the early morning hours and was killed.

Needless to say; the cops are famous for treating one of their own differently than they treat the general public. Let's make sure that the checks and balances that the general public gets subjected to are also fair game for our lawmen.
Tina Sullivan

Worcester, MA

#2 Jan 8, 2010
My comment to you sir...is why would you even question fairgame in the death of a young man who protected our city...no matter what. Think about it someone breaks into your house...your home u call 911...who comes but the brave Police Officers to save your ass...and u can question if he was treated fairly...he died.

Shame Shame on you...may u find a place in your heart to forgive yourself because u really need to take a look at reality...please do not post any more comments... thank u
The West Newton Kid

Brookline, MA

#3 Jan 18, 2010
Tina Sullivan wrote:
My comment to you sir...is why would you even question fairgame in the death of a young man who protected our city...no matter what. Think about it someone breaks into your house...your home u call 911...who comes but the brave Police Officers to save your ass...and u can question if he was treated fairly...he died.
Shame Shame on you...may u find a place in your heart to forgive yourself because u really need to take a look at reality...please do not post any more comments... thank u
You seem a tad bit confused. The cop was OFF DUTY at the time; AND it was 2:30 in the morning on News Year Day.

Gee, I wonder if the guy had just left a party or not; after all, it WAS 2 1/2 hours after News Year Eve! A single car accident that results in death on the early morning hours of New Years Day. Of course, the cops are blaming the 2 inches of snow on the ground, but this Hero did have 4 wheel drive, according to another story that was printed ....

Sounds like a guy who overindulched on alcohol to me. Again, it was in the early morning hours of New Years Day; plus it is common knowledge that cops are more likely to have an alcohol problem than the general public; AND cops know that they won't get charged for OUI or DWI when they get stopped by a fellow officer, so many of them drive drunk on a regualr basis.

This story stinks like a poor cover up job.......
wife of a cop

Worcester, MA

#4 Jan 18, 2010
The West Newton Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem a tad bit confused. The cop was OFF DUTY at the time; AND it was 2:30 in the morning on News Year Day.
Gee, I wonder if the guy had just left a party or not; after all, it WAS 2 1/2 hours after News Year Eve! A single car accident that results in death on the early morning hours of New Years Day. Of course, the cops are blaming the 2 inches of snow on the ground, but this Hero did have 4 wheel drive, according to another story that was printed ....
Sounds like a guy who overindulched on alcohol to me. Again, it was in the early morning hours of New Years Day; plus it is common knowledge that cops are more likely to have an alcohol problem than the general public; AND cops know that they won't get charged for OUI or DWI when they get stopped by a fellow officer, so many of them drive drunk on a regualr basis.
This story stinks like a poor cover up job.......
Obviously this guy just has an attitude problem with police officers. Its none of his business where this officer was or what he was doing, point is, he died alone. He hurt no-one but himself. Bottom line is he left a wife and four children. And who is this guy to say that he was drinking or anything else for that matter. Shame on you for speaking ill of the dead.
The West Newton Kid

Brookline, MA

#5 Jan 19, 2010
wife of a cop wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously this guy just has an attitude problem with police officers. Its none of his business where this officer was or what he was doing, point is, he died alone. He hurt no-one but himself. Bottom line is he left a wife and four children. And who is this guy to say that he was drinking or anything else for that matter. Shame on you for speaking ill of the dead.
I did not say that he was drinking and driving. I said that I SUSPECTED that he was drinking and driving. And, I still have that same suspicion.

However, I do offer my condolences to his wife and his children.

brickie333

Boston, MA

#6 Feb 10, 2010
Tina Sullivan wrote:
My comment to you sir...is why would you even question fairgame in the death of a young man who protected our city...no matter what. Think about it someone breaks into your house...your home u call 911...who comes but the brave Police Officers to save your ass...and u can question if he was treated fairly...he died.
Shame Shame on you...may u find a place in your heart to forgive yourself because u really need to take a look at reality...please do not post any more comments... thank u
happy he did not "slide" into my family and we are not idiots-where the hell was he coming from- a red sox game
brickie333

Boston, MA

#7 Feb 10, 2010
Make me laugh Tina-Cops are always swinging by my house to save my ass-It sucks and I feel for the kids but think clearly and with ration-you think he was sober-a professional cop who drives this road on a regular basis??????? use your head honey!
BlueComet

Worcester, MA

#9 Jul 6, 2012
"West Newton Kid " is just asking for equal justice for all. We Policemen Expect preferential treatment for doing a job we get very well compensated for. We chose the profession. Some chose it for honorable reasons, but others chose it because of the "Power" factor, and for their need for respect, and self importance. Respect has to be earned. His accident could have very easily involved an innocent pedestrian, or another driver. That would have been second degree Murder. That's why we have laws against drinking and driving.
Zaven Silverstein

Worcester, MA

#10 Jan 16, 2013
Let the Dead bury theIr Dead. It was by devine providence that the Officer did not kill a pedestrian with his car.
Bob Tahaken

Worcester, MA

#11 Jul 22, 2013
I don't think they have enough to do. There are 4 that are slated for layoff. One sells drugs on the job, one has been involved in domestic abuse, one is in divorce proceedings, the other is just a jerk who doesn't get along with anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boylston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ken Ansin: Locally owned eateries help feed are... 22 hr Anthony 5
Duh Apr 22 Gunther foley 1
Review: Gervais Plumbing & Heating Inc Apr 18 Bdizzle333 3
Dan Kirouac - solo acoustic show live in Shrews... Apr 17 New England Music... 1
News Worcester Officer Arrested For Allegedly Assaul... Apr 13 reality is a crutch 1
Crackdown on dogs in Parks (i.e. Green Hill) Apr 11 Ryan 1
News $1M worth of pot seized in Lunenburg - Sentinel... (Nov '10) Apr 7 Dude 106
More from around the web

Boylston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]